USA Forum

NY Chairperson/Manager

(Oldest Posts First)

I believe the New York board is up for a shake up, who in contention for football manager and chairperson??????

Tourist (USA) - Posts: 19 - 14/10/2019 02:32:25    2243270

Link

Rumor has it Enda williams is in for New York Manager And Emmett woods in for Chairman

westmeathny (USA) - Posts: 6 - 14/10/2019 17:37:00    2243494

Link

Where is woods from??, anyone else going for it,
Where is Williams from, don't think it will matter, playing Galway next????

Tourist (USA) - Posts: 19 - 14/10/2019 23:26:03    2243586

Link

Replying To Tourist:  "Where is woods from??, anyone else going for it,
Where is Williams from, don't think it will matter, playing Galway next????"
Emmett Woods is from Tyrone, but represents Rockland GAA. Not sure about Enda Williams, here Donegal continginent might be in running for manager. Not sure if its ever been mentioned before, by why not have a home grown American that has played senior for years and also represented NY been approached for manager? Someone with passion for the actual jersey, one comes to mind, Kevin Lilly.

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 181 - 16/10/2019 17:08:20    2243958

Link

Replying To NarrowBack914:  "Emmett Woods is from Tyrone, but represents Rockland GAA. Not sure about Enda Williams, here Donegal continginent might be in running for manager. Not sure if its ever been mentioned before, by why not have a home grown American that has played senior for years and also represented NY been approached for manager? Someone with passion for the actual jersey, one comes to mind, Kevin Lilly."
Joan henchy,I hear is running for manager if she dosnt get chairperson, where is she from, lady manager would raise a few eyebrows

Tourist (USA) - Posts: 19 - 24/10/2019 01:30:50    2245365

Link

Replying To NarrowBack914:  "Emmett Woods is from Tyrone, but represents Rockland GAA. Not sure about Enda Williams, here Donegal continginent might be in running for manager. Not sure if its ever been mentioned before, by why not have a home grown American that has played senior for years and also represented NY been approached for manager? Someone with passion for the actual jersey, one comes to mind, Kevin Lilly."
London have appointed their first homegrown manager and they are investing a lot in underage development.

Hawkeye9212 (Donegal) - Posts: 265 - 26/10/2019 23:41:08    2246036

Link

Replying To Tourist:  "Joan henchy,I hear is running for manager if she dosnt get chairperson, where is she from, lady manager would raise a few eyebrows"
Yes, Henchy is going for it and i'd imagine Emmett Woods also. Henchy has put her time in that's for sure, she wouldn't be the worst appointment, although as a previous post said it'd be no harm for a someone homegrown , although I think anyone suitable might be a bit on the young side this time around

ballyhoe55 (UK) - Posts: 2 - 28/10/2019 21:36:26    2246363

Link

Replying To ballyhoe55:  "Yes, Henchy is going for it and i'd imagine Emmett Woods also. Henchy has put her time in that's for sure, she wouldn't be the worst appointment, although as a previous post said it'd be no harm for a someone homegrown , although I think anyone suitable might be a bit on the young side this time around"
I think she would be an excellent manager. She has managed Kerry the past number of years and did a good job. She also set up the development squad all by herself.
Rumor has it that Larry Mc Carty is running again for chairman.

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 540 - 29/10/2019 00:59:28    2246380

Link

When is the managerial appointment being confirmed?

Farnyarmy (Monaghan) - Posts: 5 - 27/11/2019 11:06:23    2251751

Link

Replying To Farnyarmy:  "When is the managerial appointment being confirmed?"
See on social media it says Gerry Fox is new manager with 5 selectors. Don't know much about him, but says he was involved in Longford and Sligo winning campaigns last few years. Strong selectors, Sean Kelly good choice and Mcgeeney being with development team looks like good push for native born lads.

NorthKerryMan (USA) - Posts: 22 - 04/12/2019 14:22:36    2253189

Link