Wicklow Forum

Minor Footballers

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Optimisticobserver:  "Great performance last night. A well prepared team which shows that we can compete . When you have a professional management and committed players then anything is possible. This is what Wicklow teams need going forward if we hope to avoid the despairing losses and trouncings that county teams have suffered over countless years. There is a growing sense of confidence in this group who are very comfortable on the ball ,great at attacking the breaking ball and are commited to making runs to support the player with the ball to take the pass or cause a diversion to open up space.
Disappointing home suport. They have missed the best football played by a dedicated group of players. Hopefully there will be huge suport when the Dubs come to town. They are fully deserving of all the suport of all Wicklow Gaels."
Well said

dubarra (Wicklow) - Posts: 380 - 16/05/2019 22:04:49    2184744

Link

I would love to go support the minors but I work and live outside the county and I can't make the 7:30 times on a mid week for a match. I'm not sure why these matches are played during the week as oppose to at the weekend; if this was the case, I believe there would be more supporters able to attend.

wicklowsupport (Wicklow) - Posts: 987 - 17/05/2019 08:11:41    2184794

Link

I hear the quarter final is on a saturday which if true should allow more supporters to attend. I know that there are home venues in place for the present competition but I thought the system years ago of having the minor game on before a senior championship clash was great as it gave the young players the chance to play before big crowds and created a great atmosphere. It also got over the parental issue of having to take players out of school during midweek. I wonder why the old system was abolished as instead of showcasing a minor team before the senior game they are left to play before a handful of spectators midweek. The whole spectacle has been diluted. A great pity considering the quality and honesty of the football played by these outstanding young players .

Optimisticobserver (Wicklow) - Posts: 22 - 17/05/2019 09:57:40    2184814

Link

Is quarter final in Aughrim or Parnell Park?.

61123 (Wicklow) - Posts: 84 - 18/05/2019 17:58:49    2185261

Link

Replying To 61123:  "Is quarter final in Aughrim or Parnell Park?."
Aughrim

dubarra (Wicklow) - Posts: 380 - 19/05/2019 16:49:33    2185512

Link