Dublin Forum

Eoghan O Donnell

(Oldest Posts First)

Had to start up a thread about his performance Henry even gave him a shout out on league Sunday ,what a beast of a player absolutely outstanding from Eoghan yesterday one of the best full back displays I've ever seen it was that good , he came on my radar after destroying Wexford's McDonald a few years ago I couldn't believe someone could do that to McDonald at 21 level but he did and he really hasn't disappointed since. If Dublin could get a few more forwards to help Danny out we mightn't be too far away cause our defense with O Donnell in full back is really good.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9573 - 25/03/2019 07:50:28    2175104

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Had to start up a thread about his performance Henry even gave him a shout out on league Sunday ,what a beast of a player absolutely outstanding from Eoghan yesterday one of the best full back displays I've ever seen it was that good , he came on my radar after destroying Wexford's McDonald a few years ago I couldn't believe someone could do that to McDonald at 21 level but he did and he really hasn't disappointed since. If Dublin could get a few more forwards to help Danny out we mightn't be too far away cause our defense with O Donnell in full back is really good."
Couldn't agree more. Have seen him a good few times now and he really is the complete full back. His reading of the game is excellent and even if caught out of position he has the pace to still get first to the ball. He reminds me a bit of Brian Lohan in the 90s in that he loves the physicality of it all but he also has the style and skill of a Seanie McMahon. At 23 he is definitely going to be manning the edge of the square for years to come.

TrueBlue35 (Dublin) - Posts: 71 - 25/03/2019 10:38:30    2175183

Link

Was in Nowlan park yesterday, and all all Galway supporters were impressed with the display of Eoghan O Donnell. He is undoubtedly the best a Full back in the Country. Along with being very Athletic, he is a great reader of the game, and can go for a score when the opportunity arises.
Impressed with Dublin's overall display. Liam Rushes absence ( presumibly through injury ) was a loss, as they found it difficult at times to get primary possession .
Was disappointed at Galways loss and the injury to Canning, which I think was a late tackle.
Looking forward to the Championship, as it will be very competitive.

Harryo
Galway fan

HarryO (Galway) - Posts: 185 - 25/03/2019 16:42:51    2175349

Link