Dublin Forum

Dublin's League - Should We Be Worried ?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Great day for a bit of gardening, DIY, cleaning the car.
Nothing much on the telly.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 976 - 31/03/2019 13:55:37    2176616

Link

Here whose the dj at Croke Park playing the red and green of mayo ten times today getting the mayo fans in great form , he plays rocky road to Dublin for us great song but not for getting the crowd going , rare auld times or summer in Dublin mr dj if we do the 5 in a row please straight after the final whistle.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9573 - 31/03/2019 19:17:55    2176742

Link

Even molly Malone great song but keep that for later on mr dj rare auld times first please

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9573 - 31/03/2019 20:13:46    2176769

Link

Can't see that keery beating Dublin in summer. Midfield and defense just not good enough. No doubt Clifford is the real deal will have to see about Sean o Shea I'm not sure. Geany and o Donoughe have been through a good few injuries and it's not certain they will be back up to the pace. I thought mayo were well worth the win and probably should have had another few scores.

theduke66 (Dublin) - Posts: 301 - 31/03/2019 20:15:36    2176771

Link

What do we make of the contenders today Dubs?

Going to be fun this summer nothing guaranteed but still very confident in our team.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9573 - 31/03/2019 20:16:29    2176772

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Here whose the dj at Croke Park playing the red and green of mayo ten times today getting the mayo fans in great form , he plays rocky road to Dublin for us great song but not for getting the crowd going , rare auld times or summer in Dublin mr dj if we do the 5 in a row please straight after the final whistle."
Yeh Summer in Dublin would be a cracker!

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7335 - 31/03/2019 21:10:13    2176801

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "What do we make of the contenders today Dubs?

Going to be fun this summer nothing guaranteed but still very confident in our team."
Mayo are the number one contenders for me.

Kerry are dangerous but I think it's a little too early for them as of yet, their defence is wide open too. Could be wrong though.

Tyrone and Donegal will both be dangerous on any given day. Especially Donegal imo.

With a different approach Galway could be the best of the lot but I just don't think they've got what it takes under Walsh.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12362 - 01/04/2019 12:18:10    2176941

Link

I also think Mayo are your biggest threat. Kerry, Tyrone after that. Then Donegal and Galway.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - Posts: 2238 - 01/04/2019 16:31:59    2177033

Link

Out of interest I went to croke park to have a look at the dubs potential challengers and to be honest I came out of croke park reassured that Dublin have it in there own hands and it is there's to lose...Kerry are average at best very poor at the back avg in midfield and a barely functioning forward line..Mayo will bring there never say die attitude and will try drag Dublin down with there antics paddy Duncan and Keegan were a disgrace had a perfect view pitchside how they get away with it is beyond me...all in all I think the dubs have been messing about its all about Sam.. I am very confident we will make history this year.

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 766 - 01/04/2019 17:45:16    2177048

Link

It's Tyrone for me, I've seen only Donegal in 14 to knock us off kilter as much as Tyrone did this year, I know it was the league but they cracked the code and system failed and constrained us. I don't think we were at our usual fitness or intensity, but I was left concerned. They have also had a few cracks of us and have been reeling us in as games have passed.

Mayo will always give a game, good team, some new blood, they were great yesterday, but same old Mayo, they hit some shocking wides, rush of blood to the heads at time, kicked away silly pocession, left points and goals behind them. We are a much stronger outfit then Kerry and though undeserved Kerry still could have snuck it in the end. They have a strong, athletic middle 8, that's their strength and most teams can't cope with that, unfortunately for them we have a stronger one.

Kerry, I'm sure a few scoffed at my early comments of them in this thread. Yesterday showed exactly what I was talking about. Man mark O Shea, isolate Clifford don't give away scorabld frees and you have your way with Kerry. They are a blanket defense team and counter, play in front of them wear them out and take your scores. They will cough up chances, poor back line and poor midfield. I hope we meet them. They are a bit emperors new clothes for me, who exactly is new in that team, basically no one or few from last year, where they crashed and burned as they did again yesterday. They had a fortunate league, with the majority of their games at home, played us and Tyrone early with sand between their toes, started training in Oct. I saw more young lads breaking through for Mayo yesterday in Carr, Ruanne, Boland and Tracey then anything new for Kerry.

Anyone else I think we have to much for, maybe Galway and Donegal could give us a rattle.

But I think Tyrone are best placed on what I've seen so far.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 2194 - 01/04/2019 20:39:29    2177089

Link

Replying To jacktheDub:  "Out of interest I went to croke park to have a look at the dubs potential challengers and to be honest I came out of croke park reassured that Dublin have it in there own hands and it is there's to lose...Kerry are average at best very poor at the back avg in midfield and a barely functioning forward line..Mayo will bring there never say die attitude and will try drag Dublin down with there antics paddy Duncan and Keegan were a disgrace had a perfect view pitchside how they get away with it is beyond me...all in all I think the dubs have been messing about its all about Sam.. I am very confident we will make history this year."
You notice not a word about durkan on top of O Se after the Mayo goal? Mayo have all the dark arts down to a T they get away with murder and referees 100% favour them. 32-12 frees in the '13 final never forget that ,every time in finals we go a point up in injury time the referee won't be the whistle even doh the injury time is well up, other way round that ref is blowing that whistle asap no doubt it.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9573 - 02/04/2019 11:25:58    2177217

Link

Replying To jacktheDub:  "Out of interest I went to croke park to have a look at the dubs potential challengers and to be honest I came out of croke park reassured that Dublin have it in there own hands and it is there's to lose...Kerry are average at best very poor at the back avg in midfield and a barely functioning forward line..Mayo will bring there never say die attitude and will try drag Dublin down with there antics paddy Duncan and Keegan were a disgrace had a perfect view pitchside how they get away with it is beyond me...all in all I think the dubs have been messing about its all about Sam.. I am very confident we will make history this year."
Totally agree with this..

A lot of people va va vooming themselves over Mayo winning a league that Dublin had no real interest in and because of that it looks as though Mayo have finally gotten the taste of victory alas we may hand them the all Ireland now with pretty red and green ribbons

What a load of whack. Loads talking about Dublins problems in camp, wishful thinking, Dublin are quite unbelievably going into the summer under everyones radar, despite going for 5 in a row. That's massive.

Ive never been as confident about winning an all Ireland before the summer has started than I am now, Im convinced everything is being lined up for the summer, and im convinced we will win it again.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13244 - 02/04/2019 13:06:36    2177255

Link

For me, I'm not saying who is best or worst but Kerry are a stronger side in 2019, that's for sure. Mayo seem as good as two years ago but with a lot of new energy in the team. Tyrone are evolving, again stronger in 2019. Donegal will be better with McBrearty and Galway are still fine tuning their style and they have the ability to let it click. In conclusion, 2019 is more competitive. Dublin are the team to beat this year, everyone else has something big to prove. Gavin hasn't shown his hand. I think every year Dublin show a weakness every year and it's very obvious and teams tend to target that weakness when Dublin are working on it in the background. Sometimes it works the other way, the media highlight a strength and the opposition try to target that or a weakness that doesnt exist by the time the championship starts. Once the strength or weaknesses has been highlighted in the media, Dublin know a bit about what to expect as opposition tend to focus on these highlighted weaknesses. That's how i see it but also the team focus on individual roles as part of a bigger picture.

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 883 - 02/04/2019 15:01:04    2177296

Link

Were still strong favourites.

dublin5 (Dublin) - Posts: 22 - 03/04/2019 13:35:54    2177487

Link

Should we be worried yes , should we panic no , do we have best coach of the last twenty years yes , let's not fool ourselves we went after the league with the same intent and purpose as any other year , difference being form luck and injuries got the better of us , Dublin fans are cocksure we will improve yet don't see improvement in other counties ??? That I don't get , I am of the belief there's been a phoney war at play and we have not seen the best of the top teams , we have seen all teams at one stage emerge as contenders and then look poor , in addition winning is a habit as is losing , I don't like losing three matches and it's not normal for us , there are players out of form that will need to improve if we are to create history, so am I worried ? only and idiot wouldn't be , but I won't panic for if ever there was a man was born to do help us do the impossible it's Gavin , as long as Cluxton stays injury free we will do it , I believe in the squad and coach but am nervous

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5177 - 03/04/2019 18:33:20    2177564

Link

Replying To dublin5:  "Were still strong favourites."
Probably, but the league performances have built up the opposition which can only benefit.

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 883 - 04/04/2019 09:02:06    2177623

Link

Replying To FOB:  "Probably, but the league performances have built up the opposition which can only benefit."
Yeah , it's just hard to make every league final.
Think if we could get O' Carroll and Connolly back they would freshen things up again, thought it was a poor league final quality wise.

dublin5 (Dublin) - Posts: 22 - 04/04/2019 14:13:41    2177690

Link

Relax nothing to worry about 5 in a row is on course. More confident than ever.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9573 - 04/04/2019 16:58:39    2177726

Link

Replying To dublin5:  "Yeah , it's just hard to make every league final.
Think if we could get O' Carroll and Connolly back they would freshen things up again, thought it was a poor league final quality wise."
Definitely Connolly would be a great addition, O'Carroll is a work in progress id say and Gavin wont introduce unless hes certain hes up to it. I think teams will target us with the high ball and i reckon they will be fine in that area come the championship.

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 883 - 04/04/2019 17:48:00    2177734

Link