The Drive For Five!

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To TheUsername:  "Cluxton

Fitzy, Copper, Philly

Murch, Small, Jack

Fenton, Jamsey

Howard, Kilkenny, Scully

Mannion, Con, Kilkenny.

Harsh on Davey Byrne, but id put Philly on Clifford, he beasted him in a league game in 18.

Fitzey on Geaney - Fitzy is a big game player.

Controversial one but id half think of putting Murch on a man marking job on O Shea, hes a superb man marker.

Jack on Stephen O Brien, make him track Jacks runs and empty the tank.

Rory comes on immediately when they spring Tommy Walsh, neither have the pace they used to, but would fancy Rory to cancel him out or at least turn ball into dirty ball."
Jeez not sure about ROC at the moment. He badly misjudged a hopping ball up in Omagh a few times. I am not sure he's back to where he was before NZ trip. Now if he has shown an obvious return to form in training perhaps Gavin will use him on TW, who is some unit.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1037 - 19/08/2019 10:39:12    2227393

Link

Replying To avonali:  "Jeez not sure about ROC at the moment. He badly misjudged a hopping ball up in Omagh a few times. I am not sure he's back to where he was before NZ trip. Now if he has shown an obvious return to form in training perhaps Gavin will use him on TW, who is some unit."
Its a fair point, he wasnt great in Omagh, but i dont think Walsh offers that much more then an aerial threat on the 45 and bridging their attack, what we need is a big physical presence on him when he is sprung to contest ball and or at least make it dirty ball. Rory is an option, as is Cian if he doesn't start, else wise we are dropping back Jamsey.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 2661 - 19/08/2019 11:00:49    2227404

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "Its a fair point, he wasnt great in Omagh, but i dont think Walsh offers that much more then an aerial threat on the 45 and bridging their attack, what we need is a big physical presence on him when he is sprung to contest ball and or at least make it dirty ball. Rory is an option, as is Cian if he doesn't start, else wise we are dropping back Jamsey."
Wouldn't waste Jamesy's talents on containing TW. If TW gets clean ball he can do damage feeding the likes of Geaney, O Se and Clifford. Perhaps ROC is the man to put on him. I think TW shooting has disapproved a lot. He tried a few against Tyrone and they weren't great attempts.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1037 - 19/08/2019 12:11:26    2227437

Link

I was at all of the Kerry drive for 5 games. Very dissapointed when they fell at the last. A super team of footballers.

Equally, I wish this generation's equivalent all the best, a fantastic group with great footballing values. Hopefully, the immediate chasing pack will raise their standards to compete with Dublin over the coming years and make the game a better spectacle.

ondforty (Cavan) - Posts: 427 - 19/08/2019 12:39:31    2227453

Link

Replying To avonali:  "Wouldn't waste Jamesy's talents on containing TW. If TW gets clean ball he can do damage feeding the likes of Geaney, O Se and Clifford. Perhaps ROC is the man to put on him. I think TW shooting has disapproved a lot. He tried a few against Tyrone and they weren't great attempts."
I wonder if Philly doesn't start could he be option on him as well, in fact the more i think it the more we have a good few options for him.

Philly is far more mobile than Walsh and Walsh would struggle to mark him if he broke forward and we could create the extra man, we all remember what he did to the Gooch and walsh isnt in that bracket of Class.

Same thing applies with Cian really. Actually the more i think of it them springing Walsh may work to our advantage, put a big mobile lad like Cian and Philly on him and we have a man over, no way is Walsh keeping up with one of those and we have a man over.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 2661 - 20/08/2019 10:34:16    2227805

Link