Fermanagh Forum

ULSTER SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To abitawit:  "
Replying To cillnaile.:  "maacca999 states "Heart says one thing, head says on another..."

Hi macca, that sounds like a bit of fencing sitting again! As for me I honestly believe that the Fermanagh team will take home the Anglo Celt Cup on Sunday based on the team's strides and determination and success so far this season. I see the Gallagher/McMenamin management pulling off something speculator on Sunday that will frustrate and undermine Donegal's confidence and with Seamie back on the pitch that will boost the forward line and help deliver the score that will make history for Fermanagh come Sunday afternoon!

By the way, I have two spare tickets one for the Pat MGrane stand and one for the Eastern Stand if anyone is interested?"
cillnaile....il take them two tickets if you still have them? I take it your from kinawaly, would you be able to leave them behind the bar at roaches and i could purchase them their?"
Sorry mate as just after I posted the message by coincidence a work colleague asked me where he could get tickets so he took them, but thanks anyway for your offer.

Anyhow, to tomorrow's big game and does anyone know the likely starting team? Will it remain as the line-out against Monaghan? Is Seamie starting?

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 928 - 23/06/2018 08:37:57    2113842

Link

Looks like the starting line out will be...
Patrick Cadden, Kane Connor, Che Cullen, Michael Jones, Barry Mulrone, James McMahon, Lee Cullen, Eoin Donnolly, Ryan Jones, Paul McCusker, Declan McCusker, Aidan Breen, Sean Quigley, Conall Jones, Seamus Quigley

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 928 - 23/06/2018 09:33:46    2113847

Link

Best of luck Fermanagh today. Will be cheering ye on and really hope today ye bring the cup home

green.and.gold (Leitrim) - Posts: 283 - 24/06/2018 10:56:34    2114145

Link

Good luck to Fermanagh today. Days like this are to be endured not enjoyed. Whatever happens on that pitch, all that matters is carrying that cup out the Newtownbutler road this evening.

Eddie the Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 591 - 24/06/2018 11:58:33    2114162

Link

Ah lads, we were poor

effin (Fermanagh) - Posts: 31 - 24/06/2018 17:04:10    2114244

Link

Unlucky lads. Appreciate your manager. Got yours this far. Hope ye make the Super 8s

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 147 - 24/06/2018 23:56:29    2114451

Link

congratulations to donegal...won the game at a canter which is obviously disappointing from a fermanagh point of view.
I'm not going to start Gallagher bashing but ....does anyone know what's the deal between gallagher and Tomas Corrigan? I'm not saying or insinuating that the outcome of the game would have been any different but it's a strange one for a player of his calibre to be sitting on the bench in an Ulster final watching tom Clarke falling over himself.

abitawit (Fermanagh) - Posts: 272 - 25/06/2018 11:42:10    2114594

Link

Replying To abitawit:  "congratulations to donegal...won the game at a canter which is obviously disappointing from a fermanagh point of view.
I'm not going to start Gallagher bashing but ....does anyone know what's the deal between gallagher and Tomas Corrigan? I'm not saying or insinuating that the outcome of the game would have been any different but it's a strange one for a player of his calibre to be sitting on the bench in an Ulster final watching tom Clarke falling over himself."
Have to say that's harsh on Clarke, he is a midfielder that was thrown on the edge of the square in desperation. On the Tomás corrigan note, I know he is a quality player on his day but Gallagher sees them in training each night so he must not be doing it in recent times because if he was he would've been put on considering our weak attacking display on Sunday.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 35 - 27/06/2018 02:38:40    2115696

Link

Tough one to take on Sunday,we all know those opportunities are scarce but there is no doubt that defeating that Donegal team was always going to be bigger challenge that faced in 2008 v Armagh

As feared Donegal got an early lead which made the outcome inevitable and there is no doubt the occasion got to some of the players. The much talked about midfield were out battled by Donegal which left the defence unable to hold back the relentless Donegal runs.
I know lots of criticism that Fermanagh too negative(people saying Seamie and Tomas Corrigan,should perhaps have started)but look the tactic has got us to this point so to abandon foundations of results to date and go all out attack against this Donegal team was unlikely to have brought the Anglo Celt to Fermanagh either. There is no doubt that a defensive based tactic will only get you so far once encounter the top sides and im sure that management know this and will be looking to expand attack further going forward,scant consolation now after losing in an Ulster Final.

The Fermanagh support in Clones on Sunday was unbelievable,did the county proud and hopefully this Ulster campaign will see the long term support base grow.

Qualifiers
Its hard to keep up with all the chopping and changing G.A.A Have been doing lately,think they confusing themselves even going by Kildares truimph.
Can anyone confirm that for Round 4 of the qualifiers,can there be repeat meetings from earlier?
Its seems Monaghan couldn't meet Tyrone in Round 3,though lat year in Round 4 Down played Monaghan a second time,so what is the story for Mondays draw? ( or will it be left to just make it up and see what happens as per usual)
If no repeat meetings allowed then Fermanagh likely to face Tyrone or Mayo/Kildare next weekend

macca999 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 816 - 27/06/2018 23:41:28    2116230

Link

Replying To macca999:  "Tough one to take on Sunday,we all know those opportunities are scarce but there is no doubt that defeating that Donegal team was always going to be bigger challenge that faced in 2008 v Armagh

As feared Donegal got an early lead which made the outcome inevitable and there is no doubt the occasion got to some of the players. The much talked about midfield were out battled by Donegal which left the defence unable to hold back the relentless Donegal runs.
I know lots of criticism that Fermanagh too negative(people saying Seamie and Tomas Corrigan,should perhaps have started)but look the tactic has got us to this point so to abandon foundations of results to date and go all out attack against this Donegal team was unlikely to have brought the Anglo Celt to Fermanagh either. There is no doubt that a defensive based tactic will only get you so far once encounter the top sides and im sure that management know this and will be looking to expand attack further going forward,scant consolation now after losing in an Ulster Final.

The Fermanagh support in Clones on Sunday was unbelievable,did the county proud and hopefully this Ulster campaign will see the long term support base grow.

Qualifiers
Its hard to keep up with all the chopping and changing G.A.A Have been doing lately,think they confusing themselves even going by Kildares truimph.
Can anyone confirm that for Round 4 of the qualifiers,can there be repeat meetings from earlier?
Its seems Monaghan couldn't meet Tyrone in Round 3,though lat year in Round 4 Down played Monaghan a second time,so what is the story for Mondays draw? ( or will it be left to just make it up and see what happens as per usual)
If no repeat meetings allowed then Fermanagh likely to face Tyrone or Mayo/Kildare next weekend"
I think you are right about not being allowed to play someone that you already have before hand. I would love to get a crack at Tyrone, they are definitely there for the taking this year. More and more faith is being lost in micky harte. In my opinion Seamus and Sean Quigley as well as Conal Jones cannot all start together as a trio. After recent performances I would be leaving Conal out as he has been poor in most games, and start someone more mobile in the full forward line.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 35 - 30/06/2018 02:23:25    2116816

Link