Limerick Forum

Limerick Senior Hurling 2018.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To PeggyShippen:  "Interesting situation with Na Piarsaigh. I wouldn't say there's a conspiracy to keep their numbers down on the starting Limerick team. That's just not going to happen with John Kiely and his management team. He's a good guy.
On the other hand if they go on and win another All Ireland and maybe 1 more then they will go down as a great club team regardless of what some people out the county think.
Thirdly they do show by their organisation and structure what can be done. Na Piarsaigh has the structure of a well run rugby club like Garryowen. Lots of their members arent from a GAA background and this openmindedness stands them in good stead. The worst type of small minded country amatureness is avoided. This is also in stark contrast with the county board. I would say that Na Piarsaighs professionalism brings a mirror up to the boards faces and what they see they might not like. For Limerick to start winning again it needs county and city players in almost equal numbers."
While I agree with alot you say,one thing about na piarsaigh is they have loads of people from GAA backgrounds,the one thing I admire about them is they took on soccer and rugby and gaa is number one in the area thanks to them.

cityman73 (Limerick) - 06/12/2017 18:44:15    2064564

Link

Replying To PeggyShippen:  "Interesting situation with Na Piarsaigh. I wouldn't say there's a conspiracy to keep their numbers down on the starting Limerick team. That's just not going to happen with John Kiely and his management team. He's a good guy.
On the other hand if they go on and win another All Ireland and maybe 1 more then they will go down as a great club team regardless of what some people out the county think.
Thirdly they do show by their organisation and structure what can be done. Na Piarsaigh has the structure of a well run rugby club like Garryowen. Lots of their members arent from a GAA background and this openmindedness stands them in good stead. The worst type of small minded country amatureness is avoided. This is also in stark contrast with the county board. I would say that Na Piarsaighs professionalism brings a mirror up to the boards faces and what they see they might not like. For Limerick to start winning again it needs county and city players in almost equal numbers."
Couldn't agree more, well said especially regarding the openmindedness

Fitzy01 (Limerick) - 07/12/2017 20:28:44    2064636

Link

we should also be looking at their management to get involved with Co setups not just their players.Great to have people who know how to win and expect it invoved in any team with ambition

flyinghigh (Kerry) - 08/12/2017 17:20:40    2064679

Link

Here are my predictions for tonight's big fights.

Colin Ryan Vs. Oisin O'Reilly. Ryan

Andrew La Touche Cosgrave Vs. Darragh O'Donovan. Cosgrave

Sean Finn Vs. Pat Ryan. Ryan

Barry Hennessy Vs Paul Browne. Browne

Tom Morrissey Vs. Declan Hannon. Hannon

Barry Nash Vs. Seamus Flanagan. Flanagan

Aaron Gillane Vs.David Reidy. Reidy

Diarmaid Byrnes Vs. Kyle Hayes. Byrnes

Richie English Vs. Cian Lynch. Lynch

shoulderghost (Limerick) - 09/12/2017 13:56:02    2064740

Link

Replying To shoulderghost:  "Here are my predictions for tonight's big fights.

Colin Ryan Vs. Oisin O'Reilly. Ryan

Andrew La Touche Cosgrave Vs. Darragh O'Donovan. Cosgrave

Sean Finn Vs. Pat Ryan. Ryan

Barry Hennessy Vs Paul Browne. Browne

Tom Morrissey Vs. Declan Hannon. Hannon

Barry Nash Vs. Seamus Flanagan. Flanagan

Aaron Gillane Vs.David Reidy. Reidy

Diarmaid Byrnes Vs. Kyle Hayes. Byrnes

Richie English Vs. Cian Lynch. Lynch"
Great entertainment tonight.
Hard luck on your predictions

Westfester (Limerick) - 10/12/2017 00:08:02    2064755

Link

has any one list of winners of all last nights fights

flyinghigh (Kerry) - 10/12/2017 16:36:47    2064783

Link

Colin Ryan beat Oisin O'Reilly
Andrew La Touche Cosgrave beat Darragh O'Donovan
Pat Ryan beat Sean Finn
Barry Hennessy beat Paul Browne
Tom Morrissey beat Declan Hannon
Barry Nash beat Seamus Flanagan
David Reidy beat Aaron Gillane
Kyle Hayes beat Diarmaid Byrnes
Cian Lynch beat Richie English

Thecommons09 (Limerick) - 10/12/2017 20:54:47    2064803

Link

Replying To Westfester:  "Great entertainment tonight.
Hard luck on your predictions"
I'd more right than wrong, 5/9. It was just a bit of fun anyway!

shoulderghost (Limerick) - 11/12/2017 06:13:37    2064808

Link

Replying To shoulderghost:  "I'd more right than wrong, 5/9. It was just a bit of fun anyway!"
Not bad. I read your post wrong first time so thought you only got 3.
Boxing is an energy sapping exercise. Nearly all the lads were out on their feet at the end of the bouts.

Westfester (Limerick) - 11/12/2017 11:01:52    2064821

Link

As the celebrations in Galway begin to die down and a new year beckons all senior county contenders for Liam McCarthy are on a level footing. Limerick come into the year with two recent u21 championships and hopefully 2 club titles in 3 years. On paper all seems well. The league will be competitive some good games to look forward to. we have to progress and dine at the top table of hurling. No more moral victories or plucky limerick as the press often refer to us when we loose by a point.
Pick a team and stick with it from early on. Let lads grow into and cement the position they hold on the field. Too much changing and too late into the season as was the case last year. Yes the NAP lads will be out till after Paddys day assuming they get to the final but at least they will be fit and eager to get on with it.

Let 2018 be the year that the Treaty rises from the ashes and casts its shadow of glory throughout the county. I would love like everyone else to win the McCarthy cup but would settle for an improved year like contesting the Munster final and an All ireland semi final spot. my long term hope is for 2019. having matured and learned from 2018 target nothing less than the holy grail.

Wishing all the posters a Happy Christmas and a successful new year. Also wishing NAP the very best in their quest for glory.

Till the New year

paddyG (Galway) - 11/12/2017 15:56:05    2064855

Link