Limerick Forum

Limerick Senior Hurling 2018.

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Not the best news from a Limerick point of view this week to hear of the re appointment of Liam Sheedy as Tipp Manager . He guided Tipp to glory in 2010 and will get the most out of that Tipp team next year and i am sure Tipp will be chomping at the bit to get going with the success of their under 21 s aswell . There will be some skin and hair flying to get out of munster next year never mind go on a long run in the All ireland Series , hope John Kiely and the boys will be ready for him ...

WhipOnTheBall (Limerick) - Posts: 85 - 26/09/2018 12:11:20    2143912

Link

Replying To blackspot91:  "couldnt agree more, I was just thinking how Burke and lynch will get all stars even though dod was more effective than both of them. He never makes mistakes, always does the right thing, never panics. Is a great ball winner, the absolute glue of this limerick team. And it's not like hes some limited workhorse, hes got some magnificent scores from play and sidelines."
Two points:
Yes Darragh O'Donovan was outstanding this year but missed most of the league due to injury. Cian Lynch was an absolute power house in the middle third. His strength and speed was outstanding. I remember thinking that Cian Lynch & Tony Kelly would be some mid field paring with Lynch laying ball off to Kelly. I wouldn't swap Kelly for DOD now though!! DOD is more consistent.

Re Hurler of the year. Cian in with a great shout. This is voted for by the players. So the players will see the real work and play making done by Cian. Also, as there are two Galway nominees, I feel that it could swing it for Cian as players mighty vote Limerick or Galway????

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 93 - 09/10/2018 20:23:27    2145828

Link

Great to see Munster Rugby formally recognising the All Ireland winning Limerick hurling team.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2319 - 11/10/2018 02:12:44    2146020

Link

Interesting to read Declan Hannon's article in the Star today. It was a terrible time for him to go through at 20 years of age. Those so called supporters that put him through that are weak bullies. Not true Limerick supporters. Great to see him finally put that time behind him by lifting Liam McCarthy.

brud (Limerick) - Posts: 872 - 11/10/2018 19:33:54    2146117

Link

Replying To brud:  "Interesting to read Declan Hannon's article in the Star today. It was a terrible time for him to go through at 20 years of age. Those so called supporters that put him through that are weak bullies. Not true Limerick supporters. Great to see him finally put that time behind him by lifting Liam McCarthy."
100% agree. Most of those bullies were never any good on the field themselves and it is good that Declan highlighted their utterly obnoxious behaviour.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 1677 - 11/10/2018 20:26:01    2146123

Link