Dublin Forum

Dubs V Mayo

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Dubs I don't want to go over it again (but I am) but how wrong was it that Lee Keegan got poty, Dublin are playing at a different level to everyone else and not to reward one of our players last year for this was completely wrong imo. Love this team love everyone of them."
It's water under the Bridge now! but one could easily argue that Connolly should have been awarded '' player of the year in 2014 '' he got passed over and the award was given to a Kerryman because they won the All Ireland that year. back in 2014 Connolly help Vincents win the All Ireland club that year and he played brilliant football for Dublin all that season and even on the infamous day the Dubs were beaten by Donegal ,, Connolly was un-markable he was the best Dublin player on the pitch that day. Yet still he wasn't awarded '' player of the year '' ???? a travesty in my opinion ..just saying!

Anyway I don't think this Dublin team give a f***k about All Star awards. For them it's all about the team (the group) playing for one another.

Wexiko (Wexford) - Posts: 81 - 05/03/2017 13:12:50    1963799

Link

Great performance from the lads have to say i thought Mayo would win by 4 or 5. Are Mayo that poor? They are a very ratty and niggly team parsons, keegan, hiigins and the two o connors in particular are very sneaky. Fenton, Kilkenny, mick, philly, rock, mdma were excellent it was the best game mcauley has had for dublin in a good while. I think that game will set us up lovely for the trip to tralee. I would expect connolly and COS to be back for that. Am heading down on the saturday morning and staying down for the night so really looking foward to a great game.

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 764 - 05/03/2017 20:54:24    1964185

Link

Replying To jacktheDub:  "Great performance from the lads have to say i thought Mayo would win by 4 or 5. Are Mayo that poor? They are a very ratty and niggly team parsons, keegan, hiigins and the two o connors in particular are very sneaky. Fenton, Kilkenny, mick, philly, rock, mdma were excellent it was the best game mcauley has had for dublin in a good while. I think that game will set us up lovely for the trip to tralee. I would expect connolly and COS to be back for that. Am heading down on the saturday morning and staying down for the night so really looking foward to a great game."
heading down to Tralee on the Saturday afternoon myself, coming home straight after the game

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13188 - 05/03/2017 21:16:22    1964205

Link

Fair play to ya Wayno, that's a fair trek for one day considering it's in the evening. Over-nighter for me, Kingdomboy is putting me up, ain't that right pal :D

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7289 - 06/03/2017 02:24:11    1964304

Link

Mayo horrendous and really let their supporters and manager down , very lethargic performance , I had a suspicion we would lose and stated it on here within 5 minutes of the game I knew I was wrong.
As for Dublin no doubt as is his way Jim will make a few changes , expect to see Connolly back , however who would you drop in the backs as I thought it was a savage defensive performance ?
Lads are delivering which will give Jim right type of headaches
What sets Jim apart from us is the likes of M Fitz , no one on here when Rory was leaving could have possibly envisaged M Fitz having the impact he's had , what man management to keep Fitzy hungry and dedicated and ready when called upon, GENIUS

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5176 - 06/03/2017 11:12:04    1964423

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Mayo horrendous and really let their supporters and manager down , very lethargic performance , I had a suspicion we would lose and stated it on here within 5 minutes of the game I knew I was wrong.
As for Dublin no doubt as is his way Jim will make a few changes , expect to see Connolly back , however who would you drop in the backs as I thought it was a savage defensive performance ?
Lads are delivering which will give Jim right type of headaches
What sets Jim apart from us is the likes of M Fitz , no one on here when Rory was leaving could have possibly envisaged M Fitz having the impact he's had , what man management to keep Fitzy hungry and dedicated and ready when called upon, GENIUS"
Damo

I'd personally drop no one from the backs

They were brilliant and deserve to remain as a unit against Kerry

But they'll be the first to admit that they are part of a team and as such are inter-changeable

Kerry have more options up front, and Jim might find that he has to make tweaks based on the increased skill sets / match ups that Kerry pose

So we could well see some changes

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 18963 - 06/03/2017 11:23:14    1964432

Link

Cooper
McCarthy
O Sullivan
Mccaffrey
Connolly
Flynn
Andrews
Brogan
Costello
Mannion
O Callaghan
Basquel
Bastic
Clayton
Mcdaid

All not started or missing from Saturday's team, a lot of lads will not even make the match day panel this year that would start on nearly every other counties team. Will Bernard get back in I don't know , he'd want to get game time soon cause jim usually goes with who Evers starting and playing the best.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9526 - 06/03/2017 11:54:25    1964463

Link

Thought lowdness had his break through game. He took the responsibility in the absence of other half backs and revelled in it. Mc Hugh did well looked narky when taken off may need to watch his attitude. The main question I had 10 minutes into the 2nd half - how the hell did this Mayo team run us so close in the AIF? The AIF were probably the only games Mayo put in a decent performance last year so maybe Dublin were over cooked. Mayo should have been embarrassed by that performance all did they did was throw a few smacks in the 1st half and you won't beat this Dublin team physically. Plenty of selection headaches for Galvin next time out.

theduke66 (Dublin) - Posts: 293 - 06/03/2017 13:33:32    1964561

Link

Replying To theduke66:  "Thought lowdness had his break through game. He took the responsibility in the absence of other half backs and revelled in it. Mc Hugh did well looked narky when taken off may need to watch his attitude. The main question I had 10 minutes into the 2nd half - how the hell did this Mayo team run us so close in the AIF? The AIF were probably the only games Mayo put in a decent performance last year so maybe Dublin were over cooked. Mayo should have been embarrassed by that performance all did they did was throw a few smacks in the 1st half and you won't beat this Dublin team physically. Plenty of selection headaches for Galvin next time out."
The question you ask how did they run us so close is easily answered , the team that played on Saturday were not the team that ran us so close , much in the same way I wouldn't be reading too much into current performances of Kilkenny or Kerry , we seem to be the only team over a long period of time to achieve altering of team selection without a drop in standards , we have been close recently to being beaten yet desire is still there.
Which is the real Mayo on Saturday or the Mayo from September ????
Tyrone game a proper game , Saturday Mayo introduced us to a phoney war , no fault of our lads who were fantastic

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5176 - 06/03/2017 13:52:53    1964576

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "The question you ask how did they run us so close is easily answered , the team that played on Saturday were not the team that ran us so close , much in the same way I wouldn't be reading too much into current performances of Kilkenny or Kerry , we seem to be the only team over a long period of time to achieve altering of team selection without a drop in standards , we have been close recently to being beaten yet desire is still there.
Which is the real Mayo on Saturday or the Mayo from September ????
Tyrone game a proper game , Saturday Mayo introduced us to a phoney war , no fault of our lads who were fantastic"
Mayo were missing the O Sheas and not a lot more from the AIF team. The least I would expect from them was to bust a gut against Dublin. Mayo are at nothing if they don't tackle like demons.

theduke66 (Dublin) - Posts: 293 - 06/03/2017 14:22:22    1964598

Link

Replying To theduke66:  "Mayo were missing the O Sheas and not a lot more from the AIF team. The least I would expect from them was to bust a gut against Dublin. Mayo are at nothing if they don't tackle like demons."
I agree , and if we play them in Sept Id expect them to tackle like demons , not the poor excuse we saw on Saturday

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5176 - 06/03/2017 15:26:01    1964637

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Fair play to ya Wayno, that's a fair trek for one day considering it's in the evening. Over-nighter for me, Kingdomboy is putting me up, ain't that right pal :D"
I have no choice mate unfortunately, I'm in work at 7.30 am on the sunday.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13188 - 06/03/2017 21:33:05    1964831

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "I have no choice mate unfortunately, I'm in work at 7.30 am on the sunday."
fair play

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7289 - 06/03/2017 23:26:48    1964877

Link

I have no choice mate unfortunately, I'm in work at 7.30 am on the sunday.
waynoI (Dublin) - Posts:11878 - 06/03/2017 21:33:05

Ha! Love it that you think you've 'no choice'!

You could always not go ;) Unthinkable wha! Fair play though.

Take it handy on the way back up. Take a stop or two and grab a coffee etc.

Late drives back can be dangerous enough. I used to them a lot following Bohs. Up and down to Derry, Sligo, Cork etc on a Friday after work.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12295 - 07/03/2017 09:54:30    1964919

Link

http://www.wearedublin.com/football/mcmahon-and-fitzsimons-appeal-for-return-of-lost-property/

Dubs could we all help with this appeal for return of lost property

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9526 - 07/03/2017 10:53:55    1964940

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "I have no choice mate unfortunately, I'm in work at 7.30 am on the sunday.
waynoI (Dublin) - Posts:11878 - 06/03/2017 21:33:05

Ha! Love it that you think you've 'no choice'!

You could always not go ;) Unthinkable wha! Fair play though.

Take it handy on the way back up. Take a stop or two and grab a coffee etc.

Late drives back can be dangerous enough. I used to them a lot following Bohs. Up and down to Derry, Sligo, Cork etc on a Friday after work."
Not go where ? To the match ?

Ah now Mes, Member in 2014, I was holidaying with the family in Tenerife and flew back for our quarter final game against Monaghan, Then flew back out to Tenerife for the rest of me holliers the next morning, if that didn't stop me, Having to go to work on the Sunday after a little trip south wont stop me either :D

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13188 - 07/03/2017 11:10:19    1964954

Link

Not go where ? To the match ?

Ah now Mes, Member in 2014, I was holidaying with the family in Tenerife and flew back for our quarter final game against Monaghan, Then flew back out to Tenerife for the rest of me holliers the next morning, if that didn't stop me, Having to go to work on the Sunday after a little trip south wont stop me either :D
waynoI (Dublin) - Posts:11886 - 07/03/2017 11:10:19

Fair play man. Take advantage of these days and get to as much as you can would be my motto.

I try to get to as many games as possible but it can be difficult with family commitments etc. I've gotten to two away games this year though, hurlers away in Cork and the footballers in Cavan, so happy enough. Plenty of years I haven't gotten to any away league games. Won't be making anymore trips until the Championship.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12295 - 07/03/2017 15:31:41    1965078

Link

ye guys here that are going to the Kerry match ,, will ye be meeting up in a pub somewhere in Tralee before the match?

I know the Rugby is on that afternoon.

Wexiko (Wexford) - Posts: 81 - 07/03/2017 19:25:00    1965204

Link

now that was football
not the rubbish we saw in ballybofey
much more atack minded and whatever you say about mayo at least they came to play football
felt fenton was outstanding and mccauley another big game from him seems to have found the spark in himself again which is great to see.
up front mchugh showed well and a nice 1-03 should boost his confidence.
lowndes best game at senior level definatly.
one annoying thing for me so far has been the form of mcmannoman, he seems to be nothing of the player he was last year.
he done some ridiculous things when introduced against donegal and got a real telling off from fenton and didnt seem to want to know yet again on saturday night. anybody here of them extra 1,500 tickets thats supposed to be released for kerry game if they are going on actual sale or if parnell pass members can purchase any? dissapointing that this farce of tv over actual spectators couldnt be sorted out properly and make eir sport show the game on the sunday and allow people who want to go to the game the oppurtunity to do so instead of having a 50 thousand stadium down the road lying unused so people can sit at home on their backsides.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 09/03/2017 14:45:41    1965694

Link