Dublin Forum

Concussion Workshop For Club/Team Coaches In Dublin - All Ages

(Oldest Posts First)

Hi folks,

This thread is for those interested in concussion education and management for anyone involved with team management at any age level in football, hurling, and camogie.

Concussion Coach, a sport-related educational and management programme for sports clubs and schools, is considering running free sample educational workshops for coaches interested in learning more about concussion and our programme. Depending on the interest of coaches in what we are offering, we are open to running sample workshops for individual clubs or for multiple club coaches. If any coaches would be interested in a free sample workshop and learning more about Concussion Coach, please email me at [email protected]

Without diving into too much detail, our programme is designed to enable coaches, players, and parents to understand and collectively manage incidents of suspected concussion on the training ground or matchday, from the moment of injury through to beyond returning to play. We provide educational workshops to players and coaches, and provide your team/club with a management programme. As I'm sure most of you can agree, apart from the official GAA return to play protocols (which we also incorporate) the vast majority of amateur sporting teams go without in-depth education on what has recently become an increasingly important topic, which is completely understandable given the complexity of sport-related concussion. We aim to create an unparalleled culture of concussion safety across clubs from a grassroots level up, providing each stakeholder with an in-person, interactive, education.

Again, if you are a coach that thinks your team/club could do with concussion education and management, please email me at [email protected], and we can discuss organising a free sample workshop for you.

Thanks,
David
concussioncoach.ie

ConcussionCoach (Dublin) - Posts: 1 - 14/03/2018 15:08:27    2084562

Link

Replying To ConcussionCoach:  "Hi folks,

This thread is for those interested in concussion education and management for anyone involved with team management at any age level in football, hurling, and camogie.

Concussion Coach, a sport-related educational and management programme for sports clubs and schools, is considering running free sample educational workshops for coaches interested in learning more about concussion and our programme. Depending on the interest of coaches in what we are offering, we are open to running sample workshops for individual clubs or for multiple club coaches. If any coaches would be interested in a free sample workshop and learning more about Concussion Coach, please email me at [email protected]

Without diving into too much detail, our programme is designed to enable coaches, players, and parents to understand and collectively manage incidents of suspected concussion on the training ground or matchday, from the moment of injury through to beyond returning to play. We provide educational workshops to players and coaches, and provide your team/club with a management programme. As I'm sure most of you can agree, apart from the official GAA return to play protocols (which we also incorporate) the vast majority of amateur sporting teams go without in-depth education on what has recently become an increasingly important topic, which is completely understandable given the complexity of sport-related concussion. We aim to create an unparalleled culture of concussion safety across clubs from a grassroots level up, providing each stakeholder with an in-person, interactive, education.

Again, if you are a coach that thinks your team/club could do with concussion education and management, please email me at [email protected], and we can discuss organising a free sample workshop for you.

Thanks,
David
concussioncoach.ie"
Very interested. Sent you an email!

tkinsley (Dublin) - Posts: 1 - 14/03/2018 16:18:48    2084580

Link

Replying To ConcussionCoach:  "Hi folks,

Thanks,
David
concussioncoach.ie"
As a coach, I completely agree that we need increased education on concussion, particularly at underage level. Very interested in doing a sample workshop. Emailing you now. Cheers

Iona10 (Dublin) - Posts: 1 - 14/03/2018 16:24:37    2084582

Link

Replying To Iona10:  "As a coach, I completely agree that we need increased education on concussion, particularly at underage level. Very interested in doing a sample workshop. Emailing you now. Cheers"
I would be very interested in learning more about your services. I will 100% be in touch.

Rory.k (Dublin) - Posts: 1 - 14/03/2018 17:02:46    2084595

Link