Monaghan Forum

Ballybay beat Latton

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Ballybay beat Latton by two points due to goal in the dying seconds mind boggling by the match official not to award a free out

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1823 - 18/08/2013 18:43:06    1463484

Link

I thought the ref had a poor game and why he didn't give Ryan Wylie a free out with time up and the scores level, baffles me. That's what bad referees do!

The Face (Monaghan) - Posts: 890 - 19/08/2013 09:14:14    1463611

Link

The face I actually thought that call was correct to give a free in Wylie tried to role the tackle and ended up going straight into the Latton player and held onto the ball too long..(Finlay's actions of kicking the ball at the referee was a disgrace when that free was awarded) The umpiring was also shocking. We had umpires on the town side both waving wides at the same time when only one is meant to. The umpire on the right called in the ref with his hand up ( signal for a 45) when it should be a hand out to the side instead. The umpires on the other end where just baffling and considering one used to umpire with Pat McEnaney he should do better. The umpire on the wrong side called a forty five in the corner on the stand side. Then in the first half one umpire gave a point the other waved wide, then they put up the flag for a point to finally have the linesman call the referee in to over rule and cancel the score. The referee should have had the cop on to consult with umpire when the goal was given as they surely would have told him that the keeper was infringed upon. The referee decided the result of the game which is wrong on so many levels.

Latton kicked themselves out of in fairness, Drew moving to midfield mad a massive difference really turning to a class operator.

On another note Clontibret cruised to vistory with McManus on fire. Looks like a two horse race between them and Scotstown for the Mick Duffy.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1823 - 19/08/2013 12:47:01    1463779

Link

Drew at full back is a waste for both club and county. Good calls on the umpiring! Amazing how you get used to incompetence!

The Face (Monaghan) - Posts: 890 - 19/08/2013 13:43:20    1463836

Link

After the weekends action I have to say it's Clontibret's to lose imo. They have quality and experience in every area of the pitch and there's not a defence in the county that can stop McManus in full flight.

patk (Monaghan) - Posts: 789 - 19/08/2013 14:00:36    1463860

Link

Patk I would say it Clontibrets to lose Scotstown has to be favourite. McManus was held by Ballybay in the county final last year. Clontibret over rely on him at times and if he is doubled marked by say Mark Duffy and Donal Morgan than Scotstown will beat Clontibret. The young players coming through in Scotstown are way superior to the quality coming through in Clontibret.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1823 - 19/08/2013 15:17:52    1463959

Link

18/08/2013 18:43:06
shaggylegend
County: Monaghan

Ballybay beat Latton by two points due to goal in the dying seconds mind boggling by the match official not to award a free out

Free out???????? for what.........Sean Farmer spilled the ball,(took his eye off it)and the Ballybay forward pounced to score the goal.Infairness to Sean,he's been brilliant for his club since he started playing senior football,and will bounce back,good keeper with a serious commitment.

Latton should of been 4-5 ahead at that stage,but wasted their chances.Ballybay were poor,and will know they were blessed to win.

Castleblaney were awful,they seem to be getting worse every year,No Free Taker,No big men,No stand out forward,what has happened this sleeping giant??

Clontibert werent tested,have the stuff to win it out,but hunger is the key here,Scotstown winning it would be better for football in the county,cant beat a new hungry team coming through,just like Ballybay last year.

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1353 - 19/08/2013 20:40:46    1464246

Link

Hardcore the whole row behind me the clontibret people beside me all seen Farmer being hit when he was gathering the ball. If you don't know the rules a keeper is not allowed receive a shoulder never mind a frontal charge in the small square. Why did a latton supporter come on the field to confront the umpire if nothing untoward took place. Maybe Hardcore your Corduff tinted glasses are hiding the truth of the matter. Latton were robbed by a corduff referee.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1823 - 20/08/2013 11:58:57    1464393

Link

talkin to a latton player today there were sayin it was no free out that keeper drop the ball.

trueblue84 (Monaghan) - Posts: 11 - 20/08/2013 18:37:22    1464546

Link

Well Funny I was talking to an umpire who could tell me that the ball spilled loose but Sean Farmer was played and not the ball which stopped him get to the ball therefore was a free out

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1823 - 20/08/2013 20:39:59    1464649

Link

20/08/2013 11:58:57
shaggylegend

Hardcore the whole row behind me the clontibret people beside me all seen Farmer being hit when he was gathering the ball. If you don't know the rules a keeper is not allowed receive a shoulder never mind a frontal charge in the small square. Why did a latton supporter come on the field to confront the umpire if nothing untoward took place. Maybe Hardcore your Corduff tinted glasses are hiding the truth of the matter. Latton were robbed by a corduff referee.

Ah Ah jasus your one bitter wee man,everything has to be brought back to Corduff............First Banty,now the Ref.....your just poison!

Did you see Sean after the game?

Why was he on his knee's holding his head? Was it because he spilled the ball??????

or because he got a shoulder???????

Never heard or seen a rule were you can't shoulder a Goalkeeper.

The Ref, who i dont rate, did not rob anybody,Latton kicked it away,so dont be hideing behind that FACT!

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1353 - 20/08/2013 20:59:18    1464664

Link

Shaggylegend, I fail to see what Scotstown have done to justify being favourites for the championship, it's a long time since they have done anything of note in championship football. Contrast that to Clontibret on the other hand, a team who know how to win even when they probably shouldn't. Yes, they were well beaten last year by a hungry Ballybay, but Clontibret never looked like playing well at all, they did well even getting to the final in fact. I just think they look much better this year and McManus is in great form again. New management is making a difference aswell by all accounts.

I'm not so sure about the young players in Scotstown being way superior to those in Clontibret, I've heard that before. There's plenty of examples of underage success that doesn't translate to senior level. The difference is that in Clontibret a few of them every so often are eased into a team beside experienced winners, and they adapt better to Senior championship football as a result. A few of their most recent minor championship winning team are established in the team now and doing well.

Don't get me wrong, Scotstown are right there in contention, and hardcore is right in that a new hungry team breaking through would be better for football in the county, but picking a favourite right now I'd have to pick Clontibret. I'd imagine the bad defeat in last year's final would have stung and they'll want to bounce back. I suppose we'll know a bit more in the next round with the two teams drawn to play each other, but the real test will be the latter stages in the semis and final. Clontibret are most likely going to be there and we'll see then if they kick on, the question is if Scotstown will.

patk (Monaghan) - Posts: 789 - 21/08/2013 12:36:57    1465027

Link

After getting first hand information from linesmen at the game they both confirmed what I seen. Hardcore you can't shoulder a keeper in the small square never mind shoulder him square in the chest.. Farmer was fouled full stop... I won't be told any different by you I have talked to a large number of people who attended the double header in Inniskeen who are of the same opinion as myself. So that must mean a lot of people at the match have an imagination like myself.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1823 - 21/08/2013 18:01:34    1465313

Link

21/08/2013 18:01:34
shaggylegend

After getting first hand information from linesmen at the game they both confirmed what I seen.
Hardcore you can't shoulder a keeper in the small square never mind shoulder him square in the chest.. Farmer was fouled full stop... I won't be told any different by you I have talked to a large number of people who attended the double header in Inniskeen who are of the same opinion as myself. So that must mean a lot of people at the match have an imagination like myself.

Then why didnt they inform the referee that the goalkeeper was fouled?

Its their job to do so!

There for you must whole them responsible aswell, for your comment "LATTON BEEN ROBBED".

Its all bull anyway......ball kicked in, keeper fumbled it,Ballybay player reacts first, fists it to the net,kick out, GAME OVER.

Keeper on his hands and knee's knowing he made a mistake that cost his team the game.NO FOUL, NO FREE.

Get Over it,Latton are still in the championship.

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1353 - 21/08/2013 19:52:10    1465378

Link

jez shaggy your taking this fierce bad first of all you go lookin for the umpire on tuesday and then the linesman on wednesday , were next croke park today ??????

like hardcore says let it go man both teams still in championship , and from i seen neither team has what it takes to win it anyway .

mickduffy2009 (Monaghan) - Posts: 179 - 22/08/2013 11:08:01    1465592

Link

Well look am not even a Latton person i just hate to see referee's decide the outcome of matches. Latton would have been looking at an easier route to a semi final, It the same as Martin Sludden and Louth it was a terrible injustice.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1823 - 22/08/2013 18:08:35    1465998

Link

22/08/2013 18:08:35
shaggylegend

Well look am not even a Latton person i just hate to see referee's decide the outcome of matches. Latton would have been looking at an easier route to a semi final, It the same as Martin Sludden and Louth it was a terrible injustice.

And dont forget Cormac Reilly's performance against us a few weeks ago!

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1353 - 22/08/2013 19:55:27    1466069

Link

Indeed hardcore I was ripping over Cormac Reilly but also I knew deep down Monaghan didn't play well against Tyrone. On the Monaghan front this year the only decent referee Monaghan had was David Goldrick in the Ulster final.

Am Comparing the Ref in Inniskeen and Martin Sludden because that decision at the time of the game didn't allow Latton or Louth time to overturn the injustice

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1823 - 22/08/2013 21:10:53    1466117

Link

shaggylegend

Am Comparing the Ref in Inniskeen and Martin Sludden because that decision at the time of the game didn't allow Latton or Louth time to overturn the injustice

Ah Jasus ive read it all now.How in the name of god can you compare Sunday's ref with Martin Sludden?

Goalkeeper's mistake in injury time................against a blatant dive into the net by a player while throwing the ball at the same time?????

Your loseing your marbles.

hardcore (Monaghan) - Posts: 1353 - 22/08/2013 21:38:42    1466140

Link

Look Hardcore you obviously have a grudge against me or something... I saw what saw as did hundreds of people in Inniskeen on Sunday.

Did Sean Drop the ball? Yes
Did he get a frontal charge in the Chest? That either caused him to drop the ball or prevent him from reclaiming the ball? Yes
Was it in the Small Square? yes
Is it a free to drop the ball? No
Is it a free to Shoulder a player in the chest? Yes
Is it a free for hitting a keeper shoulder to shoulder in the Small square? Yes

So maybe ya should open your eyes Hardcore.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1823 - 23/08/2013 17:44:39    1466689

Link