Louth Forum

Final Nail In The Coffin

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

What was the admin role?

northroader (Louth) - Posts: 104 - 12/06/2019 18:55:21    2194084

Link

Replying To DundalkGael:  "They cant even run the 2nd divison leagues properly.

All clubs should boycott the next round of fixtures until theirs a full list for the rest of the year"
The vast majority of problems in this county are all linked to fixtures (or rather the lack of) and the fact that after over 130 years of Gaa in Louth we still haven't " Yearly Never Changing Fixture Schedule" for our players, managers and supporters to organise their lives around. this is absolutely disgusting in my opinion and highlights the total disconnect & disregard the ccc and the county board have with the actual running of teams and clubs in this county and worse of all they don't seem to give a dam.
I'm not saying for a minute that a Yearly Never Changing Fixture Schedule is a simple thing to organize, but it definitely can be organised and I understand that there are many variables, but if we want to progress Gaa in the county and keep our players & managers in the game we must focus all our efforts in Providing a "Yearly Fixture Schedule", literally nothing else matters until we can achieve this. The incredible thing is, it only needs to be done once and the problem is solved literally for ever!!! a never changing year after year fixture schedule.... we must to find a solution to achieve this at all costs, weather we have to start competitions earlier in the year, finish later, cut out certain competitions, play more games in a shorter timeframe etc.. I think at this stage players or managers don't care when they play whether it be Christmas day or the middle of June they simply want to know that the dates are the same every year! So they can prepare properly and organise their lives, it's the least they should be provided with.... and it wouldn't cost the county board a single penny of their precious money.... JUST A FEW BRAIN CELLS! (Mind you they seem to be scarcer than the money!)
Here is the latest of many examples I could give of just how incompetent the current situation is…. if it wasn't so serious to so many people it would be laughable………
We are now 12 days into June with 3 games to finish of the league, and the championship is supposed to start in a few weeks yet we have absolutely no idea when these games are to be played. Managers and players have to resort to guesswork to try and predict the dates and what the county board might and might not do. Remember these are the most important games of the year, a team's success for their years efforts could pivot on these games. There is absolutely no excuse for this to happen at this late stage of the year and only highlights the total incompetence of the county board and their total disregard for players & club efforts and ambitions. It's DISGRACEFUL and INDEFENSIBLE, they should be absolutely ashamed and whoever is responsible for this fiasco should be removed…… (As it's probably too much to expect them to have the integrity to resign).
All Clubs must get together and take control of this horrendous situation. …Otherwise we have only ourselves to blame!!!

dagunman (Louth) - Posts: 16 - 12/06/2019 20:51:06    2194150

Link

As one who started this post I would just like say its great to see so many post and genuine post at that from people who care so greatly for louth football..wish I could say the same for our county board who I belive through neglect for thirty years have let a generation or two just slip by without addressing our problems..tbh I think the damage is done and we will do well to ever recover..thanks for the responses I enjoyed reading every one and I hope that one day we might get back competing in every grade in Leinster again..hon de lu

Singingtheblues (Louth) - Posts: 37 - 12/06/2019 22:40:55    2194190

Link

Replying To LaLu:  "Oh I am here and still laughing at how you attempted to spell exception on another forum. Forget football and attempt literacy...."
LaLu, what a very appropriate name....

THE_SNAPPER (Louth) - Posts: 2008 - 12/06/2019 23:30:08    2194208

Link

Ah lads. Nothing will change. Firstly at next Monday nights County Board meeting nobody will talk as the usual few will talk and will not get listened to and that will be that

Same Old lads. Nobody really cares

Northlouth (Louth) - Posts: 93 - 12/06/2019 23:43:35    2194217

Link

Replying To dagunman:  "The vast majority of problems in this county are all linked to fixtures (or rather the lack of) and the fact that after over 130 years of Gaa in Louth we still haven't " Yearly Never Changing Fixture Schedule" for our players, managers and supporters to organise their lives around. this is absolutely disgusting in my opinion and highlights the total disconnect & disregard the ccc and the county board have with the actual running of teams and clubs in this county and worse of all they don't seem to give a dam.
I'm not saying for a minute that a Yearly Never Changing Fixture Schedule is a simple thing to organize, but it definitely can be organised and I understand that there are many variables, but if we want to progress Gaa in the county and keep our players & managers in the game we must focus all our efforts in Providing a "Yearly Fixture Schedule", literally nothing else matters until we can achieve this. The incredible thing is, it only needs to be done once and the problem is solved literally for ever!!! a never changing year after year fixture schedule.... we must to find a solution to achieve this at all costs, weather we have to start competitions earlier in the year, finish later, cut out certain competitions, play more games in a shorter timeframe etc.. I think at this stage players or managers don't care when they play whether it be Christmas day or the middle of June they simply want to know that the dates are the same every year! So they can prepare properly and organise their lives, it's the least they should be provided with.... and it wouldn't cost the county board a single penny of their precious money.... JUST A FEW BRAIN CELLS! (Mind you they seem to be scarcer than the money!)
Here is the latest of many examples I could give of just how incompetent the current situation is…. if it wasn't so serious to so many people it would be laughable………
We are now 12 days into June with 3 games to finish of the league, and the championship is supposed to start in a few weeks yet we have absolutely no idea when these games are to be played. Managers and players have to resort to guesswork to try and predict the dates and what the county board might and might not do. Remember these are the most important games of the year, a team's success for their years efforts could pivot on these games. There is absolutely no excuse for this to happen at this late stage of the year and only highlights the total incompetence of the county board and their total disregard for players & club efforts and ambitions. It's DISGRACEFUL and INDEFENSIBLE, they should be absolutely ashamed and whoever is responsible for this fiasco should be removed…… (As it's probably too much to expect them to have the integrity to resign).
All Clubs must get together and take control of this horrendous situation. …Otherwise we have only ourselves to blame!!!"
Totally agree with you,at this stage Louth are out of all competitions so there's absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be a full fixture schedule released for the rest of the season which gives everyone the chance to plan their lives around and this includes all remaining league & potential playoff fixtures and championship fixtures. There was a full fixture list played on Tuesday but now no more fixtures are released bar a few back fixtures next week.Surely to god the ccc know whether there is gona be league games on next weekend 23rd or 24th and let the clubs know about it now rather than waiting and giving them only a few days notice. It's just ridiculous carry on year in year out we are way behind every other county at doing anything right

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 77 - 13/06/2019 08:07:03    2194241

Link

The clubs need to back each other, if you ever attend a county board meeting its the same few lads constantly speaking and there is no backing in the room the top table show little or no interest in any complaints. All delegates should be given a mandate from there clubs to ask at least 1 question at next weeks meeting.

1. Under 14 development what is the plan for this group going forward ?
2. Under 17 we need a full report as to why this group were so disappointing in the cship this year ?
3. Full list of candidate's interviewed for u20s this year
4. What resources were made available to county teams
5. What fund raising is in place going forward to assist county teams gear,food etc
6. Why is there no master fixture plan again this year.
7. What is the criteria required for coaches to get involved in County Teams.
8. Why is it the same every year that are county teams do not get there gear on time .
9. Do we need to have a great white elephant of a stadium when the grassroots of the game in the county are struggling.
10. Who is selecting our county managers for all ages both football hurling.

There are many more questions which need to be asked and answered

N08CUTN (Mayo) - Posts: 112 - 13/06/2019 09:09:42    2194255

Link

With the acceptation of London maybe, I'd expect all of the others to beat Louth.

This is probably the poorest Louth squad to represent the county that I can remember in the last 40 years.

THE_SNAPPER (Louth) - Posts: 1971 - 26/05/2019 16:56:33

I fully expect your point of view. I would not except any different from you. You are the expectation to every rule..........

LaLu (Louth) - Posts: 203 - 13/06/2019 15:57:09    2194492

Link

Replying To LaLu:  "With the acceptation of London maybe, I'd expect all of the others to beat Louth.

This is probably the poorest Louth squad to represent the county that I can remember in the last 40 years.

THE_SNAPPER (Louth) - Posts: 1971 - 26/05/2019 16:56:33

I fully expect your point of view. I would not except any different from you. You are the expectation to every rule.........."
Dismissing someone's point by pointing out spelling and grammar errors is shitty and makes you look like an assho Someone writes something, a discussion ensues and someone writes "there" instead of "their" and suddenly their point is invalid and they're made to look stupid.

Correcting someone's spelling and grammar can be helpful in the correct context, but using it as a weapon is low.

Language is tough. Some people are dyslexic, some people speak English as a second language, some people don't have the best education and some just make an error. Trying to make yourself look better by pointing out other people's mistakes is a crappy thing to do, Bully boy tactics at it's finest....

THE_SNAPPER (Louth) - Posts: 2008 - 13/06/2019 18:14:24    2194540

Link

Fishing in a glasshouse.

19616609 (Louth) - Posts: 1362 - 14/06/2019 09:17:13    2194711

Link

Does anyone know why there are no fixtures on the louthgaa website for the next rounds of the league?

Why is there no chanpionship fixtures yet?

Why was a round of league games rushed through last Tuesday night and then no league games this weekend? The weekend is the time to play league games.. not rushing on a tuesday night.

Drip feeding of fixtures on a game by game basis to clubs is ridiculous and wouldnt happen or be allowed in any other county. The fixtures committee are a disgrace in this county. Clubs constantly getting less than 5 days notice of fixtures.

I know im not the 1st on here complaining about this and its the reason less and less youngsters play our sport. Like how can anyone plan anything when you dont know your fixtures for the next week?

It simply has to change. Louth are out of championship now. Get it sorted fixtures committee

woodenhead (Louth) - Posts: 100 - 14/06/2019 16:37:42    2194922

Link

Replying To woodenhead:  "Does anyone know why there are no fixtures on the louthgaa website for the next rounds of the league?

Why is there no chanpionship fixtures yet?

Why was a round of league games rushed through last Tuesday night and then no league games this weekend? The weekend is the time to play league games.. not rushing on a tuesday night.

Drip feeding of fixtures on a game by game basis to clubs is ridiculous and wouldnt happen or be allowed in any other county. The fixtures committee are a disgrace in this county. Clubs constantly getting less than 5 days notice of fixtures.

I know im not the 1st on here complaining about this and its the reason less and less youngsters play our sport. Like how can anyone plan anything when you dont know your fixtures for the next week?

It simply has to change. Louth are out of championship now. Get it sorted fixtures committee"
Totally agree with you on this,how is anyone supposed to organize shifts at work or family commitments with this carry on it's bloody madness!!Surely they know now when the next league games will be on and when the championships are starting,what is the big secret and short notice about.We'll probably find out next Monday or Tuesday that there are league games on next Saturday or Sunday it's totally unacceptable

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 77 - 14/06/2019 17:24:27    2194941

Link

Replying To Anlubuchaill:  "Totally agree with you on this,how is anyone supposed to organize shifts at work or family commitments with this carry on it's bloody madness!!Surely they know now when the next league games will be on and when the championships are starting,what is the big secret and short notice about.We'll probably find out next Monday or Tuesday that there are league games on next Saturday or Sunday it's totally unacceptable"
They are all up

Gicker01 (Louth) - Posts: 75 - 16/06/2019 00:33:42    2195586

Link

Replying To Gicker01:  "They are all up"
Yes they put them up Friday after we raised the issue all week here.Still don't know what the wait was about should've been up straight after Louth lost last Saturday

Anlubuchaill (Louth) - Posts: 77 - 16/06/2019 10:16:37    2195635

Link

Replying To Anlubuchaill:  "Yes they put them up Friday after we raised the issue all week here.Still don't know what the wait was about should've been up straight after Louth lost last Saturday"
I doubt very much it went up because it was raised on hoganstand. Due process I imagine was the few days delay.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 16/06/2019 10:57:08    2195655

Link

Who cares about 2 league games they just put up. Players train all year for the championship, it starts soon I'd love to know when, what date is it a Friday, Saturday a Sunday.

PointRoad (Louth) - Posts: 89 - 16/06/2019 11:33:51    2195671

Link

Replying To Gicker01:  "They are all up"
What do you mean 'they are all up'?

They have put up fixtures on Friday night for next weekend and the weekend after - once again they are drip feeding the fixtures! They are just about giving 1 weeks notice of the games next weekend.. Do you think fellas are not working or have nothing else to plan except play football?? think they can simply arrange work etc in 6 days???

Most other counties can release a full fixture plan at the start of the year. Our fixtures committee are doing well if they can give us 2 weeks of fixtures. Its not good enough! Why not release the next 2 months? Its not rocket science!

Put up the championship fixtures, then the final round of league, then the QF of championship etc etc!!! it should be easy to plan as louth are out of the championship.. how do other counties who consistently get to the latter stages of the all ireland plan their club games? we are a laughing stock!

As i said, other counties can plan 9 or 10 months of the years fixtures out in January and release them to the clubs.
Lads on here think the fixtures committee are great fellas if they can plan 2 weeks ahead!! get a grip

woodenhead (Louth) - Posts: 100 - 16/06/2019 12:43:48    2195691

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "I doubt very much it went up because it was raised on hoganstand. Due process I imagine was the few days delay."
What due process? Could the fixtures committee not have sat down last Monday night after louth were knocked out and released the fixtures for the rest of the year? Why have they only fixed 2 games? Is it beyond them to fix a few more?!!?
I know you might think thats a lot to ask for but thats because your a fellow louth man and the clubs have just learned to accept this as it never happens.

The top table dont care about the clubs and this has resulted in the clubs not caring about the county - this has really been noticed with the lack of interest at u20 level this year and the shambles that was the louth junior team last year (ringing lads the night before the game).

woodenhead (Louth) - Posts: 100 - 16/06/2019 12:51:00    2195692

Link

Replying To woodenhead:  "What due process? Could the fixtures committee not have sat down last Monday night after louth were knocked out and released the fixtures for the rest of the year? Why have they only fixed 2 games? Is it beyond them to fix a few more?!!?
I know you might think thats a lot to ask for but thats because your a fellow louth man and the clubs have just learned to accept this as it never happens.

The top table dont care about the clubs and this has resulted in the clubs not caring about the county - this has really been noticed with the lack of interest at u20 level this year and the shambles that was the louth junior team last year (ringing lads the night before the game)."
Maybe you are right I'm just use to it. I don't think it's a problem with just the top table, as they are just fellow Louth men, it's just the attitude towards the gaa in Louth as a whole. This anonymous forum is more vocal than any county board and I imagine club committee meeting. Anyone here could just as easy take chair of the county or their club as the people who are there, but they don't. We have the wrong attitude to GAA in this county its always someone elses fault, its all wrong, why don't we do it this way, comes to club agm not there or no don't have time. As captain planet says "the power is yours" so stand up and do something about it. Like everything in life we get out what we put in. Not what a top table put in.

WheresDeBallBag (Louth) - Posts: 449 - 16/06/2019 13:47:32    2195721

Link

Replying To WheresDeBallBag:  "Maybe you are right I'm just use to it. I don't think it's a problem with just the top table, as they are just fellow Louth men, it's just the attitude towards the gaa in Louth as a whole. This anonymous forum is more vocal than any county board and I imagine club committee meeting. Anyone here could just as easy take chair of the county or their club as the people who are there, but they don't. We have the wrong attitude to GAA in this county its always someone elses fault, its all wrong, why don't we do it this way, comes to club agm not there or no don't have time. As captain planet says "the power is yours" so stand up and do something about it. Like everything in life we get out what we put in. Not what a top table put in."
Not to worry wherestheballbag. If seems like the move is on from the clubs to sort this mess out at long last.
It's time the clubs in Louth got involved to help sort fixtures, coaching structures etc out. To be fair to the county board they need help. Trying to run 11 rounds of league must be an impossible job.
How come we cannot have a proper and decent club structure in Louth is beggars belief. A county who are almost certain to be in the last four of the all Ireland Kerry held their Division 1 league final today. Have their club Championship over also. All they have to play now is the last 16 of their all county championship and they play the Munster final next weekend.

Northlouth (Louth) - Posts: 93 - 16/06/2019 21:51:02    2196078

Link