Leitrim Forum

Club championship 13

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Why didn't anyone appeal about the times when they were announced? Obviously no one cares that much until they're trying to get some loophole to suit them.

SeanMacDiarmada (Leitrim) - Posts: 284 - 11/08/2013 17:58:56    1458916

Link

any word on the intermediate draw?

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 11/08/2013 19:09:05    1459023

Link

SeanMacDiarmada we went over during the week with another Club and where left sitting for sometime! Only to be informed that the would only be seen if the did not create a fuss......DISGRACE!!!!

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 11/08/2013 19:10:25    1459026

Link

Sorry Villatown but we all know where your allegiances lie and that's fair enough but think it has clouded your judgement. Totally agree with Drumreilly that 2 games should of being played at same time, that was a cock up on county boards part. Only team in the group that had qualified was Glencar Manor so if anyone was going to take foot off the gas was them. Annaduff and Allen Gaels went at it hell for leather and Annaduff got the win. The rules are the same in all counties when 3 teams are on same points it goes down to head to head as all 3 teams beat each other it goes to score difference, this meaning Allen Gaels finish 2nd and Annaduff 3rd leaving Drumreilly in relegation play-off . Harsh but that's the rules. Drumreilly have made it look like they haven't even bother to read the rules and have made up their own version , then turn around and blame county board for the rules. Looking like fools I'm sorry to say, must have money to burn. What about the Bors having 2-3 players flying home and Annaduff the same only to be told on Saturday lunch time game was called off and all people
Who travelled long distances to watch game. Is drumreilly going to reimburse these people when this daft appeal is thrown
Out

Robroy1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 119 - 11/08/2013 19:53:07    1459076

Link

having looked at the rule that drumreilly are looking to challenge, there is provision in it for 2 teams finishing level but not 3, so can understand the challenge, is it in the spirit of the game well thats another question

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 11/08/2013 19:57:56    1459082

Link

Look if we lose out we lose! If you start worrying about other Clubs you would never do anything.

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 11/08/2013 20:06:21    1459094

Link

Great attitude Villatown, sure who cares about players coming home from England to represent their clubs and paying for it out of their own pocket , 'sure ya can't be worried about anyone else or you'd never do anything ' that is some mantra for life. jesus have heard it all now. here's one for you when your wrong your wrong. Leitrim GAA supporter ????. Mè Feiner

Robroy1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 119 - 11/08/2013 20:38:08    1459143

Link

Intermediate Draw
Ballinamore v Glencar Manor
Dromahair v Aughnasheein
Eslin v Fenagh
Drumkeerin v Genfarne-kiltyklogher

Leitrim12 (Leitrim) - Posts: 63 - 11/08/2013 20:52:01    1459168

Link

I've heard bors and duff are already looking at how they can make drumreilly foot the bill for those players.
That'll be a tight one.
€5000 for the DRA alone I think. (€1000 to apply and €4000 for the hearing)
Up on €3000 to reimburse the players/clubs
Legal fees on top of that.
An expensive waste of time I tell ya.

down.on.it (Leitrim) - Posts: 73 - 11/08/2013 21:00:13    1459176

Link

Clubs cover for flights coming from England and not players the are not that expensive! We do it for games so why can't everyone without crying about it?. down.on.it nice to see your doing your maths unlike other clubs we don't go begging for money for this or that. This anti Drumreilly trend as always been that way will heres hoping we win your appeal and stick to all the haters

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 11/08/2013 21:53:01    1459246

Link

This is not an anti drumreilly tread.
It's a simple matter of
Right v wrong
Integrity v dishonesty

In the case of each of the above drumreilly have sided with the latter.
The polar opposite of where I stand on this.

The damage is done now.
You reap what you sow

down.on.it (Leitrim) - Posts: 73 - 12/08/2013 12:48:47    1459507

Link

Let me add that Allen Gaels knew that Drumreilly had a slim chance of beating Manor but they also knew that they had to beat Annaduff if they wanted to be taken seriously at all in the quarters. Allen Gaels went 1-4 to 2 up and somehow managed to let that lead slip. The games should have been played at the same time so that teams integrity wouldn't be questioned but from what I saw it didn't look as if Allen Gaels didn't want to win the way they were desperately looking for a goal in the last 5 minutes or so. I see an appeal costs 5k? Its such a shame to see money being wasted that could go towards say a 100 more footballs? New Jerseys for the whole team, new showers, high calibre coaching sessions, a team bonding trip to a high performance centre or the Curragh? Even just towards the development of football in the County? The rules are clear that when three teams can't be separated by head to head it goes down to scoring difference, Drumreilly are a joke and should be ashamed of themselves!

LeitrimDaddy (Leitrim) - Posts: 82 - 12/08/2013 15:42:14    1459706

Link

Whole thing is laughable and it's holding up a championship that was already delayed by farcical fixture committee waiting on Leitrim to get knocked out.

coppers.abu (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 12/08/2013 18:59:16    1459975

Link

If this appeal is based solely on the positioning of Drumreilly at the bottom of their group, then it's a ridiculous waste of time, and it makes whoever's in charge at the club looks like idiots. It does them no favours at all. The rule is there in black and white; the head-to-head rule applies only if there are only two clubs on the same number of points. There are not; there are three. Now, if Drumreilly are then saying that the head-to-head rule should be reapplied between themselves and Annaduff after the initial ordering of the clubs by scoring difference (which is the only thing I can see that they could possibly be appealing about), then that's logically flawed, as you could re-order any pair of those three clubs in the same way (and get back to where you started).

Maybe there's another reason for the protest; time will tell. But as I said, dragging out the championship with such a frivolous appeal brings nothing but shame on the club, and although I am a neutral, I can't help but feel justice has been done (or maybe that's too strong - maybe that karma has kicked in) if things should go against them on the playing field over the next few weeks. To put it more bluntly, I'm sure a lot of people would be satisfied to see them go down after this stunt, assuming that a stunt is all it is. Fair is fair though, so let's see what their grounds for appeal are.

Tacaí Liatroma (Leitrim) - Posts: 533 - 13/08/2013 18:10:57    1460754

Link

when will know the result of the drumreilly appeal ?

jamestownlad (Leitrim) - Posts: 3 - 13/08/2013 18:36:51    1460788

Link

intermediate championship continues this weekend, quater final stage, some interesting games ahead, fenagh and eslin should be a real cracker, the mix of youth and experience may stand to the up and coming fenagh side when they come up against an eslin side depending completely on tomas beirne winning ball around the middle. aughavas kept him quiet in the first half with beirne having no say in the game at all. drumkeeran and glenfarne should go down to the wire, the drumkeean lads have come on leaps and bounds since last year. dromahair should have too much for aughnasheelin but dont be suprised with an upset there while ballinamore should be too good for manors second string team, moran is in top form them and should dominate. in the relagation battle, aughavas seem to be struggling badly with injuries, 5-6 first team players out with long term injurues would be hard for any team never mind a club struggling for numbers. they are relying mainly on kevin keegan for scores and john conefrey to win midfield. ballinaglera should be too strong. in the other semi final, cloone should have too much for leitrim gaels. ifthe right ball is given into damien o donnell, he will put them away

funnyfella (Leitrim) - Posts: 23 - 14/08/2013 11:19:47    1461199

Link

agreed this weekend has a few cracking games in store. I see a tight finish in both the Drumkeerin/Glenfarne and Dromahair/Aughnasheelin games! would be surprised tho to see anything other than Bmore and Eslin victories in the others. However, if the Beirnes are delt with, eslin are a very poor side, which has been seen in their Div3 position! Would love to see fenagh come through!

Runningman (Leitrim) - Posts: 16 - 14/08/2013 13:28:43    1461361

Link

dromahair should have too much quality for aughansheelin, but the neds are a very fit and determined team, their running game is wearing down their opponents . . . . eslin are not the team they were last year, conor has gone off form, scored only a goal from play against aughavas, and it was a lucky one from what i heard. if wrynn can get to grasps with tomas then fenaghs have a better all round team than eslin.

funnyfella (Leitrim) - Posts: 23 - 14/08/2013 14:51:42    1461456

Link

Any players to watch out for in intermediate this year? some great talent showing up in the senior grade!

leitrim_lad (Leitrim) - Posts: 15 - 14/08/2013 15:20:22    1461486

Link

young luke murphy seems to be a real talent at corner forward for ballinamore, speed, accurate and calm under pressure. keith boyle from aughnasheelin hhas been terrorising defenses with his raw pace. cian clinton from dromahair looks like he developing into a nice little footballer, fast and good from placed balls. enda fowley is also maturing into a great full back for them, definatily one for the future. fergal ellis has returned playing for fenagh and he has been playing great stuff for them all year, along with his brother paul. they have taken a lot of the workload off donal wrynns shoulders.

funnyfella (Leitrim) - Posts: 23 - 14/08/2013 19:54:19    1461651

Link