Leitrim Forum

Club championship 13

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Hard to take when you have a fixture committee that is against you! Heres hoping there won't be a repeat next year.

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 858 - 04/08/2013 15:19:23    1452296

Link

surely teams should gain some kind of advantage to finishing top of the group?

leitrim23 (Leitrim) - Posts: 107 - 05/08/2013 15:35:33    1453355

Link

Not great WiFi in south east Persia

Drumkeeran seem to have caused an upset will they contend a intermediate final against Soh

Drumrielly following on from last year to battle annaduff bornacoola or kiltubrid

Some tight battles ahead

Mary's look good will manor have the engine to return to the glory days

This is a good Mary's team with fresh blood

The fixtures seem to be extraordinary

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 05/08/2013 16:39:44    1453441

Link

are you persian 94?

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 184 - 06/08/2013 11:29:13    1454067

Link

in the seniors i still can't see past manor, they really have straenght in depth.

as for the intermediate i would suggest manors second string to be very hard stopped and they are coming in under the radar and not being mentioned. they are very strong too.

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 248 - 06/08/2013 12:29:52    1454147

Link

did manors 2nd string win it before?
heard one clubs 2nd team was there or thereabouts before

gaelsboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 184 - 06/08/2013 12:45:26    1454178

Link

Manor v strong in intermediate. Hard to look past ballinamore really. Drumkeeran could be pushing for a place in the final. A lot of good young lads coming through.

coppers.abu (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 06/08/2013 12:52:19    1454189

Link

Fairly sure marys second string won an intermediate championship before... Circa 2004

premiumrashers (Leitrim) - Posts: 47 - 06/08/2013 12:58:34    1454204

Link

Marys won minor intermediate and senior in one year think around 1995 and went close a few times after to Inter/Senior double

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 860 - 06/08/2013 13:57:32    1454271

Link

From the gulfs of southern Persia to the training jungles of Columbia I travel alot gealsboy

Teaching my fellow volunteers our native language and sport

Very defensive indeed

Mary's second team have won intermediate championships. And as athe strongest club in the county it is not beyond our ability ti win 4 championships a year

However I cannot see manors second team coming withing 10 points of Soh

To be honest I cant really see any intermediate team coming within 10 points of Soh now that they are down to business

It's a 2 horse race in senior usual suspects Mary's v manor as I said all along

Mohill the usual mid table team able to beat lower end senior teams that are struggling but unable to preform when the saw is out to the timber

Gortletteragh are still in it too

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 06/08/2013 19:33:35    1454718

Link

Something I've been noticing lately is that subs are apparently not allowed to warm up on the pitch at half time as its disallowed in the regulations under penalty of a fine.

Well by the same token why aren't they implementing the following rule:

The number of Team Officials permitted to remain in the Pitch Enclosure during the game is up to a maximum of five who are the Water Carriers/ Hurley Carriers (2) the Bainisteoir (1), Maor Foirne (1) and Medical Person (1).

It's been in breach by the vast majority of teams at any championship game I've been at. I'm not picking on anyone here (I'M SURE OTHER GAMES HAVE REFLECTED THE SAME SCENARIOS) but at the Mohill vs Carrigallen game on Saturday last Carrigallen had between 7-9 officials on the line and Mohill had 3 water carriers and their full backroom team on the line also.

The only part of the rule being adhered to as far as I can see is the rule stating team officials must wear clearly labelled bibs (Bainisteoir, Maor Foirne, Maor Uisce etc) and now and again that doesn't seem to be fully adhered to.

Another one is that water carriers have to be over 18, and can't be a panel member. Ya often see a lot of U16 / Minor lads doing water for teams at games.

I'm not having a go at clubs here, I'm wondering why teams panels are forbidden from warming up at half time under penalty of a fine as 'IT'S IN THE RULES' yet all the above has a blind eye turned towards it?

Sure if they're not going to dish out fines left right and centre for any of the above, whats the harm in letting a bench warm up at half time. Pretentious nonsense.

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 313 - 07/08/2013 11:51:20    1455220

Link

I was at the intermediate games in carrigallen two weeks ago and was there for both game but in the Cloone v Eslin game Cloone had three water bays two of whom were u16, they had a medical person and about five other people along the line none of whom were wearing any bibs to say what job they had

Leitrim12 (Leitrim) - Posts: 63 - 07/08/2013 17:26:01    1455726

Link

Dodgy pass im going to Come in and back whatyoh have said and second it

What about this

A person sitting in the dug out told to write a slip for a very strong player that didn't start for political reasons by manager delayes until game is lost

Also players being denied jerseys for again politic reasons after working hard all year for the club

Or what about bringing 20 lads to a championship opener getting bet by 25 points and not putting on any subs again for political reasons?

And then we get back to the little fella with the mustache and suit jacked that stops players in cloone and ballinamore from going onto a field that they are togged to play
Politicians is all I will call them for now dodgy pass but later in the year I will call them their true names when I object to there reappointment

And prevent them having roles in clubs and counties where they feel the need to degrade players

Politicians without a cause!

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 07/08/2013 19:21:59    1455869

Link

Ah shure its a joke altogether lads..You'd know which posters r d bench warmers ha! gettin bk 2 wat actualli matters lads I cant see anyone stoppin Manor n either grades! Wel maybe ballinamore n Inter..young Brady is now manors main man n its only matter of time till Fran takes Jamsies place too!

Piratehooker (Leitrim) - Posts: 195 - 08/08/2013 18:20:52    1456922

Link

Pirate I can't even make the bench never mind the starting XV, for the Juniors :D

But where my previous post stems from is the injustice of clubs getting fined for say, warming up non the field, yet the other breaches aren't fined as they're harder policed.

It's like a referee choosing to blow for a free and not give a yellow card for an incident 40 yards away and then carding a player for the same offense right beside him.

You cannot be selective!

Back to on pitch matters.. I think St Mary's would give Manor a very stern test and keep them honest throughout.

Ballinamore would be well able for the Manor Intermediates too I think, and even Dromahair sans the two county lads would just about have enough for them.

Game of the weekend has to be Bors vs the Duffs in Pairc Seán Saturday. Bors are rarely in relegation and Duff's inspired by Moyles' return. That and the fact it's the Bors vs the Duffs.

Expect decapitations!

:D

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 313 - 08/08/2013 18:56:23    1456947

Link

Bors vs duff will be well worth watching. Manor and Mary's will probably be the deciding game in senior but manor will pip them I think . Looking forward to quarters in senior and intermediate now. Some v good games ahead hopefully

coppers.abu (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 09/08/2013 20:47:11    1457913

Link

Have watched a few senior games this year, and it's good to see teams getting closer to Manor. Also, the two stand out players in last year's U21 Championship ,Brady (Manor) and Mulligan(Mohill) are making a big impact in senior this year. I hope Manor and Marys don't meet in the quarters, would make a better final. .

lowball101 (Leitrim) - Posts: 26 - 10/08/2013 13:51:03    1458089

Link

Borrs V Duff game this evening is off.
Drumrilley have lodged a complaint and think they should be in the 1/4 finals not the relegation play offs.
I've looked at the tables and can cant work out any grounds for such a complaint.
It looks fairly clear cut that they should indeed be in the relegation playoff and not in the 1/4 final as they themselves think.
Can any one fill me in on the basis for their complaint please.

down.on.it (Leitrim) - Posts: 73 - 10/08/2013 14:15:09    1458103

Link

When teams are tied on points in a group the tie break is as follows

i) Head to Head = When the two teams met in the group game the winner of that game goes through
ii) Score Difference = Team with the best Score Difference goes through
iii) Scores For = team with most points scored goes through
iv) play off = no of the above seperate a team a playoff is held.

Seeing as Drumreilly beat Annaduff they think they have met the requirement for the first tie break scenario.

BUT

Annaduff beat Allen Gaels so should they not go 2nd??

AND

Allen Gaels beat Drumreilly so should Drumreilly not stay bottom?

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 313 - 10/08/2013 14:48:49    1458122

Link

Down.on.it Drumreilly should be in the 8th place play off I believe because they finished level on points with Annaduff.
If teams finish level on points the positions are decided on:
1. The result of when the teams played earlier. The winner of that is placed ahead of the other team and if the game is a draw
2. It is decided on score difference.
Drumreilly beat Annaduff and so they should be in the play off.
This is my view anyway!

leitrimlad94 (Leitrim) - Posts: 156 - 10/08/2013 14:52:32    1458126

Link