Fermanagh Forum

National Football League 2019 - Division 2

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I think you have to beat Armagh to secure promotion but Meath will have to beat Clare and possibly a draw or better against yourselves if Donegal win away to Cork next week.

If Meath beat Clare, Fermanagh beat Armagh and Cork beat Donegal then our last round fixture will be a warm up for both teams.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - Posts: 2900 - 03/03/2019 18:15:08    2169776

Link

Replying To Jack_Goff:  "I think you have to beat Armagh to secure promotion but Meath will have to beat Clare and possibly a draw or better against yourselves if Donegal win away to Cork next week.

If Meath beat Clare, Fermanagh beat Armagh and Cork beat Donegal then our last round fixture will be a warm up for both teams."
cant see Cork beating Donegal ....and if they dont and DL win their last two then our meeting in Navan could be to decide if its Meath or Donegal joining us in Div1 next year ...wouldnt that be interesting.
anyway we can looks at the ifs and buts all we like...but its any 2 from 3 of Donegal, Meath and Fermanagh as I see it, with Donegal needing a favour from us in Navan

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 174 - 04/03/2019 11:04:31    2170034

Link

Replying To KeshGFC:  "cant see Cork beating Donegal ....and if they dont and DL win their last two then our meeting in Navan could be to decide if its Meath or Donegal joining us in Div1 next year ...wouldnt that be interesting.
anyway we can looks at the ifs and buts all we like...but its any 2 from 3 of Donegal, Meath and Fermanagh as I see it, with Donegal needing a favour from us in Navan"
Would you reckon Rory would want to do Donegal a favour or would he prefer to get promoted at the expense of Donegal. That would be quite the statement. Beat Armagh and he can give his panel match time ahead of the final.

When were Armagh last in the final?

Jack_Goff (Meath) - Posts: 2900 - 04/03/2019 11:16:24    2170037

Link

We scored 3points by playing a more direct ball into the forward line and created a goal opportunity as well. Why can't we do that a bit more often, not saying all the time just every so often go route one football.

ERNEDEVIL (Fermanagh) - Posts: 45 - 04/03/2019 13:56:33    2170117

Link

I'm out of the loop regarding the Corrigans, are they completely done with the county team or what's the story?
And is anyone else a bit concerned with Sean Quigley's fitness, looks knacked by the 55th min?

effin (Fermanagh) - Posts: 39 - 05/03/2019 20:02:55    2170470

Link

Replying To effin:  "I'm out of the loop regarding the Corrigans, are they completely done with the county team or what's the story?
And is anyone else a bit concerned with Sean Quigley's fitness, looks knacked by the 55th min?"
Tomás is not flavour of the month with management and wouldn't be in frame even if he wasn't travelling .. Ruairi is injured but couldn't see him starting if fit.. Sean Is fitter than ever but he could still do with getting as fit as big bro was last year.. talking of big bro out and Sean in .. is there some unheard of rule of the universe that states you can't have 2 fit Quigleys on the field at the same time or something .. so frustrating .. Sean's in better condition than last year by far .. but still not at pace of rest of squad .. hopefully fixes that in coming weeks !! As you are right he is well bushed with 10mins to go !

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 174 - 05/03/2019 21:46:41    2170497

Link

Replying To KeshGFC:  "Tomás is not flavour of the month with management and wouldn't be in frame even if he wasn't travelling .. Ruairi is injured but couldn't see him starting if fit.. Sean Is fitter than ever but he could still do with getting as fit as big bro was last year.. talking of big bro out and Sean in .. is there some unheard of rule of the universe that states you can't have 2 fit Quigleys on the field at the same time or something .. so frustrating .. Sean's in better condition than last year by far .. but still not at pace of rest of squad .. hopefully fixes that in coming weeks !! As you are right he is well bushed with 10mins to go !"
Yes Ruairi Corrigan is within panel but injured,has been at all the games. Oh so Tomas still wont be considered after travelling then? Was probably harshly treated last year,wonder would his interview last summer with the GAA Hour be anything to do with it?

Sean Quigley is definitely fitter than last year,he is putting in serious effort,pressing ball on halfway line,also he didnt play any McKenna cup games(which he does need most),so im sure is behind others,but if keeps that workrate up be a great asset.

Ciaran Flaherty and Richard O Callaghan both returned to squad at start,anyone know if injured or still involved?

macca999 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 867 - 05/03/2019 22:48:42    2170513

Link

Thats a very useful ploy to vary your attacking threat but you need a target man who has a 50/50 chance of beating his full back to that ball, claiming it , rising for it and catching it over his head. Maybe Che or Ryan could be moved in there occasionally when Eoin returns. Congratulations and thanks to players and management for another great day in Brewster - good attacking football, some great scores and some nearly great scores. Our position in Division 2 has been secured against the odds and I would be happy to take that. Playing in division 3 last year didn't prevent us from beating the third best team in the country in the Championship. However if we can beat Armagh and Meath we will have earned a place in Division 1. But its the panel and management who are best entitled to make that call. If they want to change places with Cavan or Monaghan, I will support them all the way as always have done.

fearman (Fermanagh) - Posts: 39 - 05/03/2019 22:59:45    2170517

Link

Replying To macca999:  "Yes Ruairi Corrigan is within panel but injured,has been at all the games. Oh so Tomas still wont be considered after travelling then? Was probably harshly treated last year,wonder would his interview last summer with the GAA Hour be anything to do with it?

Sean Quigley is definitely fitter than last year,he is putting in serious effort,pressing ball on halfway line,also he didnt play any McKenna cup games(which he does need most),so im sure is behind others,but if keeps that workrate up be a great asset.

Ciaran Flaherty and Richard O Callaghan both returned to squad at start,anyone know if injured or still involved?"
Macca I am almost sure both Ciaran and Richard are carrying injuries.

Richey Is a player who could definitely push some players on the team, very strong and physical yet to mention a good footballer too. Probably too late for him now to make a push for the championship without any league game time.

Any other players seem to be carrying injuries or just doesn't seem to be involved?

allfermanagh (Fermanagh) - Posts: 66 - 06/03/2019 09:28:07    2170554

Link

We actually have strength in depth in panel for first time in ages .. the lads we are missing would have crippled us previously.. we used to crumble when Donnelly would go off .. no more .. it's a great time to be a Ferm fan and yes the squad and management are to be heartily congratulated as they are all putting in a serious shift ... fair point earlier that we still have no target man who can catch turn and shoot.. McGurn did very well in that role in McKenna Cup but given precious little opportunity since .. we still need a plan B for when we have to chase a game .. and that time will come soon .. are we ready ? Can we change it if we need to ? What's your thoughts ?

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 174 - 06/03/2019 12:41:55    2170604

Link

Replying To macca999:  "Yes Ruairi Corrigan is within panel but injured,has been at all the games. Oh so Tomas still wont be considered after travelling then? Was probably harshly treated last year,wonder would his interview last summer with the GAA Hour be anything to do with it?

Ciaran Flaherty and Richard O Callaghan both returned to squad at start,anyone know if injured or still involved?"
macca999 please take with a pinch of salt the speculation uttering from Kesh FC scribe regarding Tomas. If available Tomas with such a significant track record for his county would be welcome with open arms - that is fact from the mouths of current management! He is definitely missed as his accuracy in delivering is renowned and his return would be a good as part of a twin free-taking team with Sean Quigley. Also, other utterance from the scribe referred to questioning the fitness of Quigley is inaccurate, unfair and misleading as he has performed quite well across the majority of games in the games he has participated in this season so far. The one key person that many would like to see back is Barry Mulrone but that's not going to happen during the league. I think if Fermanagh can outwit Armagh, and I know Rory and Ricey will have a plan to do so, then that would suggest that the team is being managed effectively and deserves to field next season in division 1. I'm not sure when Fermanagh were last in the top flight but hopefully you will inform me.

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 951 - 07/03/2019 18:38:18    2170941

Link

Replying To cillnaile.:  "macca999 please take with a pinch of salt the speculation uttering from Kesh FC scribe regarding Tomas. If available Tomas with such a significant track record for his county would be welcome with open arms - that is fact from the mouths of current management! He is definitely missed as his accuracy in delivering is renowned and his return would be a good as part of a twin free-taking team with Sean Quigley. Also, other utterance from the scribe referred to questioning the fitness of Quigley is inaccurate, unfair and misleading as he has performed quite well across the majority of games in the games he has participated in this season so far. The one key person that many would like to see back is Barry Mulrone but that's not going to happen during the league. I think if Fermanagh can outwit Armagh, and I know Rory and Ricey will have a plan to do so, then that would suggest that the team is being managed effectively and deserves to field next season in division 1. I'm not sure when Fermanagh were last in the top flight but hopefully you will inform me."
I have no doubt that Tomás would be a great addition to the team but he's out of favour with management so we can lament together but it ain't gonna happen ... no Kinawley players in the panel at all actually and we are on a serious upward curve .. not that they are linked I'm sure ... just sayin;-)

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 174 - 07/03/2019 23:27:13    2170987

Link

All roads lead to Crossmaglen this Saturday, no other words needed

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 174 - 14/03/2019 10:11:00    2172179

Link

Replying To KeshGFC:  "All roads lead to Crossmaglen this Saturday, no other words needed"
Unfortunate clash with the Rugby. I see the Meath match can be played at 1.30. Rumours of a change to the kick-off time in Cardiff have yet to be confirmed.

fearman (Fermanagh) - Posts: 39 - 14/03/2019 10:53:20    2172190

Link

I see a snow forecast for Crossmaglen is predicted for tomorrow which won't be encouraging to travelling Fermanagh fans which could have an adverse effect in that Fermanagh won't have the on the day audible support that motivates our team.

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 15/03/2019 10:30:29    2172349

Link

Ah here im a passionate rugby supporter too but no chance that will trump standing in the rain or snow or wind watching Fermanagh potentially make a giant leap.. this would be up there with the 2004 season ... should we do it
So if it's a blizzard I'll be there but knowing the GAA they'd wait til we all pay in before calling it !

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 174 - 15/03/2019 11:41:13    2172365

Link

Another tough battle v Armagh in Crossmaglen tomorrow, even with their absentees they still possess lots of attacking threat. If any team knows Fermanagh well then its Armagh after last years trilogy, although as Clares Colm Collins said knwoing about Fermanagh set-up is fine overcoming it is another thing.

Discipline will be key tomorrow, there is lots of niggle between the teams tomorrow,so hopefully referee is assertive and doesnt allow it ruin the game. Indiscipline has cost Armagh already in this years league along with last years chmapionship game so im sure McGeeney will emphasise this tomorrow and cut out frees given. Fermanaghs discipline has been excellent this year and has definitely contributed to their league position.

Great to see that Eoin Donnelly is back 100% plus Barry Mulrone has returned to add to managements options. Its a huge game for both teams,arguably more so for Armagh as a possible relegation to Division 3 again be huge blow, whereas Fermanagh would have taken Division 2 status for 2020 with 2 games left on January 30th, which was crucial for development of the team. However how often will Fermanagh be one game away from division 1 football? its clear that management and players are ambitious and want to go as high as possible.

Crossmaglen will add to the atmosphere as smaller ground,lets hope Fermanaghs execellent support and from continues tomorrow. Best of luck to St Micks Monday too!!

macca999 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 867 - 15/03/2019 11:51:05    2172367

Link

Another tough battle v Armagh in Crossmaglen tomorrow, even with their absentees they still possess lots of attacking threat. If any team knows Fermanagh well then its Armagh after last years trilogy, although as Clares Colm Collins said knwoing about Fermanagh set-up is fine overcoming it is another thing.

Discipline will be key tomorrow, there is lots of niggle between the teams tomorrow,so hopefully referee is assertive and doesnt allow it ruin the game. Indiscipline has cost Armagh already in this years league along with last years chmapionship game so im sure McGeeney will emphasise this tomorrow and cut out frees given. Fermanaghs discipline has been excellent this year and has definitely contributed to their league position.

Great to see that Eoin Donnelly is back 100% plus Barry Mulrone has returned to add to managements options. Its a huge game for both teams,arguably more so for Armagh as a possible relegation to Division 3 again be huge blow, whereas Fermanagh would have taken Division 2 status for 2020 with 2 games left on January 30th, which was crucial for development of the team. However how often will Fermanagh be one game away from division 1 football? its clear that management and players are ambitious and want to go as high as possible.

Crossmaglen will add to the atmosphere as smaller ground,lets hope Fermanaghs execellent support and from continues tomorrow. Best of luck to St Micks Monday too!!

macca999 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 867 - 15/03/2019 12:37:02    2172379

Link

Ah here im a passionate rugby supporter too but no chance that will trump standing in the rain or snow or wind watching Fermanagh potentially make a giant leap.. this would be up there with the 2004 season ... should we do it So if it's a blizzard I'll be there but knowing the GAA they'd wait til we all pay in before calling it !
KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 127 - 15/03/2019 11:41:13 2172365

Make sure you have a good breakfast in you! For those who have to really work for a living then social media will keep us updated. So good luck tomorrow Fermanagh from a real supporter!

TurnipHead. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 203 - 15/03/2019 18:30:17    2172437

Link

A very disappointing result with Armagh beating us by 1-09 to 0-06 and shame on the team, the management and any Fermanagh supporter that tries to make any lame excuses for them. That's promotion knocked on its head given that Meath a much superior.

GalloonBaffoon (Fermanagh) - Posts: 103 - 16/03/2019 16:40:45    2172630

Link