Fermanagh Forum

Club Championships 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

The dates, times and venues for the Quarter Finals of the Senior and Intermediate Championships and the First Round of the Junior Football Championship. The games are as follows:

Friday 25th August 2017
IFC Qtr Final @ 7:30pm.
Donagh v Newtownbutler @ Roslea
SFC Qtr Final @ 8:00pm
Kinawley v Tempo @ Brewster Park

Saturday 26th August 2017
JFC Rd 1 @ 4:00pm
Aghadrumsee v Coa @ Aghadrumsee
Brookeboro v Belnaleck @ Brookeboro
IFC Qtr Final @ 6:00pm.
Belcoo v Enniskillen @ Derrygonnelly
SFC Qtr Final @ 7:30pm
Teemore v Devenish @ Derrygonnelly

Sunday 27th August 2018
IFC Qtr Final @ 1:30pm.
Lisnaskea v Derrylin @ Brewster Park
SFC Qtr Final @ 3:00pm.
Derrygonnelly v Erne Gaels @ Brewster Park
IFC Qtr [email protected] 5:15pm
Irvinestown v Maguiresbridge @ Tempo
SFC Qtr Final @ 7:00pm.
Ederney v Roslea @ Tempo

Note:
Clubs involved in the league stages of the Junior Football Championship will play one of their three games at their home venue, one of their three games at an away venue, with all teams playing their final league game at neutral venues.

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 31/07/2017 12:35:18    2026588

Link

I think the senior championship winner will be settled with the outcome of the quarter final pairing between Erne Gaels and Derrygonnelly. Derrygonnelly is not the performer they have been with some ropey enough performances in this year's league football. I would go for Erne Gaels taking the 2017 senior title!

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 01/08/2017 00:03:58    2027076

Link

Results:
Reserve 'A' Championship Preliminary Round
Roslea 5-15 Newtownbutler 4-3
Kinawley 2-12 Donagh 2-8

Fixtures:
Reserve 'B' Championship Preliminary Round - Thurs Aug 17
Erne Gaels v Irvinestown @ Ederney @ 7.30pm
Reserve 'A' Quarter Finals - Sat Aug 19
Derrygonnelly A v Lisnaskea @ Kinawley @ 5.00pm
Devenish v Enniskillen @ Derrygonnelly @ 6.30pm
Roslea v Tempo @ Brookeborough @ 6.30pm
Teemore v Kinawley @ Derrylin @ 6.30pm
Reserve 'B' Championship Quarter Finals - Sat Aug 19
Derrygonnelly B v Belcoo @ Kinawley @ 6.30pm
Derrylin v Maguiresbridge @ Lisnaskea @ 6.30pm
Brookeboro v Aghadrumsee @ Donagh @ 6.30pm
Erne Gaels or Irvinestown v Ederney @ ? @ 6.30pm

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 13/08/2017 13:56:41    2032733

Link

Championship predictions

Friday 25th August 2017

Verdict - Always going to be a tight game, I feel that if Donagh can get a full team out with Eamonn Maguire & co they will win this game by 4-5 points.

Verdict- Another interesting tie & hard to evaluate both teams seasons so far, What Kinawley lack in quality they more than make up for in fitness & organisation. Tempo have that winning feeling this season, Daryl Keenan back in action & i feel Tempo could upset the odds in this tie & win this game by 2-3 points.

Verdict - The junior championship is a very competitive affair & this game is no different, i think Aghadrumsee will just about nick this game by 1-2 points.

Verdict - I fancy Belnaleck to win this game, if they turn up with a full team & the right attitudes they should win this game by 6-7 points.

Verdict - An interesting Contest, Belcoo have been woeful this season & have won once this season in contrast to Ekn who have won 9 games. I still feel Belcoo should have enough in the tank to see off a young Enniskillen side. Belcoo by 4-5 points.

Verdict - A very hard game to predict, i feel Devenish may have the stronger individual players but Teemore have the bit of expierience & bull ignorance that can see them get over the line. I fancy Teemore by 2-3 points.

Sunday 27th August 2018

Verdict- One of the easiest games of the weekend to predict, Lisnaskea should & will win this game by 5-6 points. Derrylin shouldnt have enough quality to pose much of a threat to Lisnaskea.

Verdict - The game of the weekend, some people believe this will decide the winner of the championship. The best time to get the champions is in the first round but i feel that Derrygonnelly should win this tie maybe even by 4-5 points

Verdict - Irvinestown are the favourites for the intermediate so obviously they are favourites to progress from this tie, however i would suggest this may be their toughest tie they may face. Similar in playing styles & i feel this will be a very tight game, i am going to predict a major upset & predict the bridge win this game by 1 or 2 points.

Ederney v Roslea @ Tempo

Verdict - If there was ever a team that deserved to win a senior championship i feel its this ederney team, they have been ultra consistent over the last number of years but have failed to turn that league form into championship success. Roslea (Sean Quigley) have hit form at the right time in the season & will be favourites for this match. A very tight game in store & i am predicting Ederney to win by 2-3 points.

ErneCountyFan (Fermanagh) - Posts: 6 - 15/08/2017 14:24:26    2033639

Link

Replying To ErneCountyFan:  "Championship predictions

Friday 25th August 2017

Verdict - Always going to be a tight game, I feel that if Donagh can get a full team out with Eamonn Maguire & co they will win this game by 4-5 points.

Verdict- Another interesting tie & hard to evaluate both teams seasons so far, What Kinawley lack in quality they more than make up for in fitness & organisation. Tempo have that winning feeling this season, Daryl Keenan back in action & i feel Tempo could upset the odds in this tie & win this game by 2-3 points.

Verdict - The junior championship is a very competitive affair & this game is no different, i think Aghadrumsee will just about nick this game by 1-2 points.

Verdict - I fancy Belnaleck to win this game, if they turn up with a full team & the right attitudes they should win this game by 6-7 points.

Verdict - An interesting Contest, Belcoo have been woeful this season & have won once this season in contrast to Ekn who have won 9 games. I still feel Belcoo should have enough in the tank to see off a young Enniskillen side. Belcoo by 4-5 points.

Verdict - A very hard game to predict, i feel Devenish may have the stronger individual players but Teemore have the bit of expierience & bull ignorance that can see them get over the line. I fancy Teemore by 2-3 points.

Sunday 27th August 2018

Verdict- One of the easiest games of the weekend to predict, Lisnaskea should & will win this game by 5-6 points. Derrylin shouldnt have enough quality to pose much of a threat to Lisnaskea.

Verdict - The game of the weekend, some people believe this will decide the winner of the championship. The best time to get the champions is in the first round but i feel that Derrygonnelly should win this tie maybe even by 4-5 points

Verdict - Irvinestown are the favourites for the intermediate so obviously they are favourites to progress from this tie, however i would suggest this may be their toughest tie they may face. Similar in playing styles & i feel this will be a very tight game, i am going to predict a major upset & predict the bridge win this game by 1 or 2 points.

Ederney v Roslea @ Tempo

Verdict - If there was ever a team that deserved to win a senior championship i feel its this ederney team, they have been ultra consistent over the last number of years but have failed to turn that league form into championship success. Roslea (Sean Quigley) have hit form at the right time in the season & will be favourites for this match. A very tight game in store & i am predicting Ederney to win by 2-3 points. "
Why could the Div1 and Div2 play offs not be played this week end? Friday or Saturday evening would have been ideal. When a team is knocked out in the first round of the championship it could be six or eight weeks before they kick another ball in anger.

gola (Fermanagh) - Posts: 299 - 15/08/2017 15:35:04    2033688

Link

Replying To gola:  "
Replying To ErneCountyFan:  "Championship predictions

Friday 25th August 2017

Sunday 27th August 2018

Ederney v Roslea @ Tempo

Verdict - If there was ever a team that deserved to win a senior championship i feel its this ederney team, they have been ultra consistent over the last number of years but have failed to turn that league form into championship success. Roslea (Sean Quigley) have hit form at the right time in the season & will be favourites for this match. A very tight game in store & i am predicting Ederney to win by 2-3 points. "
Why could the Div1 and Div2 play offs not be played this week end? Friday or Saturday evening would have been ideal. When a team is knocked out in the first round of the championship it could be six or eight weeks before they kick another ball in anger."
Can't see the bridge winning, they are missing a few key players to traveling.

Did Eamon Maguire not injure his cruciate a couple of weeks ago?

Roslea are written off at everyones peril, a team who thrive in the championship.

Also I fancy the Gaels to upset the odds, a tremendous team who are in great form.

manowar (Fermanagh) - Posts: 147 - 15/08/2017 16:50:48    2033727

Link

Ederney v Roslea @ Tempo
Verdict - If there was ever a team that deserved to win a senior championship i feel its this ederney team, they have been ultra consistent over the last number of years but have failed to turn that league form into championship success. Roslea (Sean Quigley) have hit form at the right time in the season & will be favourites for this match. A very tight game in store & i am predicting Ederney to win by 2-3 points.
ErneCountyFan (Fermanagh) - Posts:3 - 15/08/2017 14:24:26

Yes you are correct but in reality Ederney is consistently ordinary with very little to show having 3 county players on board. They were lucky to remain in the top four in the league and I believe that Roslea will rise to the occasion as they always have done in championship and beat the wee men by 5 or 6 points.!

abc1234 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 389 - 15/08/2017 20:06:29    2033837

Link

Result:
Reserve B FC Rd 1
Erne Gaels 1-11 Irvinestown 0-11
Fixtures:
Saturday 19th Aug 2017
Reserve A FC Quarter Finals
Derrygonnelly v Lisnaskea at Kinawley @ 5:00 PM
Roslea v Tempo at Brokeboro @ 6:30 PM
Devenish v Enniskillen at Derrygonnelly @ 6:30 PM
Teemore v Kinawley at Derrylin @ 6:30 PM
Reserve B FC Quarter Finals
Ederney v Erne Gaels at Irvinestown @ 6:30 PM
Derrylin v Maguiresbridge at Lisnaskea @ 6:30 PM
Belcoo v Derrygonnelly at Kinawley @ 6:30 PM
Brookeboro v Aghadrumsee at Donagh @ 6:30 PM

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 19/08/2017 09:38:37    2035302

Link

Results:
Reserve A FC Quarter Finals
Derrygonnelly 1-13 Lisnaskea 0-11
Roslea 1-17 Tempo 2-12
Devenish 0-15 Enniskillen 3-11
Teemore 1-9 Kinawley 0-11
Reserve B FC Quarter Finals
Ederney 1 -6 Erne Gaels 2-11
Derrylin 1-13 Maguiresbridge 2-12
Belcoo 2-11 Derrygonnelly 1-7
Brookeboro 1-5 Aghadrumsee 0-11

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 19/08/2017 21:46:49    2035420

Link

St Pats Vs Newtown IFC match Scheduled for friday has been postponed following the tragic deaths of the Luke Lynch (Newtown) and Ronan Mellarky (St Pats). Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

manowar (Fermanagh) - Posts: 147 - 23/08/2017 12:38:06    2036734

Link

Fixtures update:
Friday 25th Aug 2017
IFC Quarter Final
Donagh(P)v(P)Newtownbutler
Saturday 26th Aug 2017
JFC Rd 1
Aghadrumsee v Coa at Aghadrumsee @ 3:00PM
Brookeboro v Belnaleck at Brookeborough @ 3:00 PM
IFC Quarter Final
Irvinestown v Maguiresbridge at Lisnaskea @3:00PM
Belcoo v Enniskillen Gaels at Derrygonnelly @ 5:30PM
SFC Quarter Final
Kinawley v Tempo at Lisnaskea @ 4:30PM
Teemore v Devenish @ Derrygonnelly @ 7:00PM
Sunday 27th Aug 2017
IFC Quarter Final
Lisnaskea v Derrylin at Brewster Park 12:15PM
SFC Quarter Final
Derrygonnelly v Erne Gaels at Brewster Park @ 1:45PM
Ederney v Roslea at Tempo @ 6:30PM

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 25/08/2017 11:08:09    2037460

Link

Results:
SFC Quarter Final
Derrygonnelly 2-8 Erne Gaels 2-6
Ederney 1-11 Roslea 3-8
Kinawley 1-11 Tempo 1-11
Teemore 1-10 Devenish 0-13
IFC Quarter Final
Irvinestown 1-11 Maguiresbridge 1-12
Belcoo 0-13 Enniskillen 0-7
Lisnaskea 1-16 Derrylin 1-13
Donagh v Newtownbutler - Postponed
JFC Rd 1
Aghadrumsee 0-14 Coa 3-13
Brookeboro 2-9 Belnaleck 2-12

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 27/08/2017 21:31:11    2038924

Link

Fixtures:
The dates, times and venues for this weekend's SFC replays and the IFC re-fixture were agreed at last night's CCC meeting. They are as follows:
Friday 1st September
SFC Quarter Final Replay
Kinawley v Tempo at Brookeborough @ 7pm
Saturday 2nd September
JFC Rd 2
Coa v Brookeboro at Coa @ 6pm
Belnaleck v Aghadrumsee at Teemore @ 6pm
IFC Quarter Final
Donagh v Newtownbutler at Brewster Park @ 6pm
SFC Quarter Final Replay
Teemore v Devenish at Brewster Park @ 7.30pm

IFC Semi Final Draw:
Belcoo v Maguiresbridge
Lisnaskea v Donagh/Newtownbutler

SFC & IFC relegation play off Semi Finals. The pairings are as follows:
SFC Semi Final Draw
Derrygonnelly v Roslea
Kinawley /Tempo v Teemore /Devenish
SFC Playoff Semi Finals
Ederney v (Loser of) Teemore/Devenish
(Loser of) Kinawley/Tempo v Erne Gaels
IFC Playoff Semi Finals
Enniskillen v (Loser of) Donagh/Newtownbutler
Irvinestown v Derrylin

These games, along with the SFC/IFC Semi Finals, will take place on the weekend of 8th - 10th September, but the exact dates, times and venues cannot be confirmed until the outcome of this weekend's replays/re-fixture is known.

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 29/08/2017 09:31:21    2039844

Link

SFC Quarter Final
Derrygonnelly 2-8 Erne Gaels 2-6 -
As predicted Derrygonnelly would get the victory, I personally think it was an impressive victory as they didn't perform to the level they know they can however still got the victory. It will take a big performance to dethrone the champions. The older statesman Paul Ward still has the star factor & will be a danger for any team they face going forward.

Ederney 1-11 Roslea 3-8- I predicted an Ederney victory, this was far from me writing Roslea off. I felt Ederney had a big performance in them but another year and another narrow championship defeat for this talented but underachieving Ederney team. Roslea move into the round & could be a big threat to the harps 3 in a row bid. Roslea are not as 1 dimensional as they once may have been & now have added a running game to the long ball system which they have successfully deployed over the years. They have also mastered the art of buying free kicks which when you have Sean Quigley is a big big plus.

Kinawley 1-11 Tempo 1-11 - As predicted it was always going to be a tight game, I felt Tempo would have won the game & still feel they will progress into the next round. In terms of senior championship teams, they are both average teams & are a number of levels below DG & Roslea at this point.

Teemore 1-10 Devenish 0-13 - Another game that was predicted to be a tight game & didn't disappoint. What this game lacked in quality it made up for excitement. Devenish may feel they have more to improve on from the last day & i will change my selection & predict Devenish to get over the line by 3-4 the next day out.

IFC Quarter Final
Irvinestown 1-11 Maguiresbridge 1-12 - Irvinestown may have been the massive paper favourites but i predicted the bridge to turn them over & they didn't disappoint. Easily the biggest performance/shock of the weekend. The bridge got their system & match ups absolutely spot on, they targeted Irvinstown's playmakers & cut the supply to the dangerous inside line. They were excellent in the tackle, they worked the ball superbly out of the defence & got the ball to the men they wanted on the ball. Fortunate with the goal towards the end but deserving in the victory. They will be delighted with the draw for the semi final & will fancy themselves. Now the favourites for the intermediate.

Belcoo 0-13 Enniskillen 0-7- Predicted a 4-5 point victory for Belcoo & they ended up winning by 6, Comfortable score line but it was a game i arrived to late so missed the majority of the 1st half however by all accounts missed very little. Two poor teams with Belcoo using their first division experience to get them over the line. I feel Belcoo may have got over the line here but will face a bridge team that is fitter, faster & better organised. Personally, I feel nothing has changed, they are the worst team in Div1 and struggled to beat a poor EKN team. The bridge will blow them away in the next round.

Lisnaskea 1-16 Derrylin 1-13 - Predicted a more convincing victory for Skea in this game but they failed to dominate as predicted, Skea will be happy to have progressed but will be disappointed with their performance. The skea's major problem is that their defence are quite leaky & this could pose a major problem for them going forward in this competition. Their attack is quite dangerous & in cecil they have one of the most potent attackers in the county. Skea will be confident they can compete with any of the remaining teams going forward but defensively they will struggle to contain more potent attacking teams than Derrylin.

ErneCountyFan (Fermanagh) - Posts: 6 - 30/08/2017 14:50:33    2040766

Link

Replying To ErneCountyFan:  "SFC Quarter Final
Derrygonnelly 2-8 Erne Gaels 2-6 -
As predicted Derrygonnelly would get the victory, I personally think it was an impressive victory as they didn't perform to the level they know they can however still got the victory. It will take a big performance to dethrone the champions. The older statesman Paul Ward still has the star factor & will be a danger for any team they face going forward.

Ederney 1-11 Roslea 3-8- I predicted an Ederney victory, this was far from me writing Roslea off. I felt Ederney had a big performance in them but another year and another narrow championship defeat for this talented but underachieving Ederney team. Roslea move into the round & could be a big threat to the harps 3 in a row bid. Roslea are not as 1 dimensional as they once may have been & now have added a running game to the long ball system which they have successfully deployed over the years. They have also mastered the art of buying free kicks which when you have Sean Quigley is a big big plus.

Kinawley 1-11 Tempo 1-11 - As predicted it was always going to be a tight game, I felt Tempo would have won the game & still feel they will progress into the next round. In terms of senior championship teams, they are both average teams & are a number of levels below DG & Roslea at this point.

Teemore 1-10 Devenish 0-13 - Another game that was predicted to be a tight game & didn't disappoint. What this game lacked in quality it made up for excitement. Devenish may feel they have more to improve on from the last day & i will change my selection & predict Devenish to get over the line by 3-4 the next day out.

IFC Quarter Final
Irvinestown 1-11 Maguiresbridge 1-12 - Irvinestown may have been the massive paper favourites but i predicted the bridge to turn them over & they didn't disappoint. Easily the biggest performance/shock of the weekend. The bridge got their system & match ups absolutely spot on, they targeted Irvinstown's playmakers & cut the supply to the dangerous inside line. They were excellent in the tackle, they worked the ball superbly out of the defence & got the ball to the men they wanted on the ball. Fortunate with the goal towards the end but deserving in the victory. They will be delighted with the draw for the semi final & will fancy themselves. Now the favourites for the intermediate.

Belcoo 0-13 Enniskillen 0-7- Predicted a 4-5 point victory for Belcoo & they ended up winning by 6, Comfortable score line but it was a game i arrived to late so missed the majority of the 1st half however by all accounts missed very little. Two poor teams with Belcoo using their first division experience to get them over the line. I feel Belcoo may have got over the line here but will face a bridge team that is fitter, faster & better organised. Personally, I feel nothing has changed, they are the worst team in Div1 and struggled to beat a poor EKN team. The bridge will blow them away in the next round.

Lisnaskea 1-16 Derrylin 1-13 - Predicted a more convincing victory for Skea in this game but they failed to dominate as predicted, Skea will be happy to have progressed but will be disappointed with their performance. The skea's major problem is that their defence are quite leaky & this could pose a major problem for them going forward in this competition. Their attack is quite dangerous & in cecil they have one of the most potent attackers in the county. Skea will be confident they can compete with any of the remaining teams going forward but defensively they will struggle to contain more potent attacking teams than Derrylin."
You obviously weren't at the Erne Gaels v Derrygonnelly and you assessment is far from correct!

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 31/08/2017 11:16:05    2041064

Link

What part of my assessment was incorrect? I made 4 points as detailed below & i feel all 4 are totally justified.
1-As predicted Derrygonnelly would get the victory- They won
2- I personally think it was an impressive victory as they didn't perform to the level they know they can however still got the victory. - DG didn't play well at all & still got the win so in my opinion that's impressive.
3-It will take a big performance to dethrone the champions. - I feel this is another accurate statement as they beat they 2nd best team in the county & under performed.
4-The older statesman Paul Ward still has the star factor & will be a danger for any team they face going forward. - Wardy may not have been scoring many from play on Sunday but he won ball over & over again, he created chances for his team mates & was pretty good from dead ball. Finished the game with 1-4 or 1-5.

What was wrong with the above assessments? P.S I was at the game on Sunday.

ErneCountyFan (Fermanagh) - Posts: 6 - 31/08/2017 14:28:09    2041176

Link

Replying To ErneCountyFan:  "What part of my assessment was incorrect? I made 4 points as detailed below & i feel all 4 are totally justified.
1-As predicted Derrygonnelly would get the victory- They won
2- I personally think it was an impressive victory as they didn't perform to the level they know they can however still got the victory. - DG didn't play well at all & still got the win so in my opinion that's impressive.
3-It will take a big performance to dethrone the champions. - I feel this is another accurate statement as they beat they 2nd best team in the county & under performed.
4-The older statesman Paul Ward still has the star factor & will be a danger for any team they face going forward. - Wardy may not have been scoring many from play on Sunday but he won ball over & over again, he created chances for his team mates & was pretty good from dead ball. Finished the game with 1-4 or 1-5.

What was wrong with the above assessments? P.S I was at the game on Sunday."
Was at the two games in Enniskillen on Saturday night. The St Pats v Newtown game was not to bad St Pats to strong for Newtown. Some good scores from both teams. The second game Teemore v Devenish was dire to say the least. Sure the rain did not help but for two teams from Div one the football was poor. The ref did not help thing by handing out yellow cards as if they were going out of fashion. Think the senior championship final will be this Friday night cant see the winners from Friday night getting beat. The Teemore v Ederney and St Pats v Skea games should be been played this Saturday instead of Sunday evening. Cant see Coa and the Leckers playing their final junior games on Saturday as they are both in the final

gola (Fermanagh) - Posts: 299 - 05/09/2017 16:37:44    2043059

Link

Fixtures:
Friday 8th September 2017
SFC Semi Final
Derrygonnelly v Roslea at Brewster Park @ 8:30pm. Referee - Dermott Love (Enniskillen)
Saturday 9th September 2017
SFC Playoff Semi Final
Kinawley v Erne Gaels at Tempo @ 5:00pm. Referee -Martin Higgins (Lisnaskea)
IFC Playoff Semi Final
Enniskillen v Newtownbutler at Brookeborough @ 4:30pm.
IFC Semi Final
Belcoo v Maguiresbridge at Tempo @ 6:30pm. Referee - Niall Cullen (Erne Gaels)
Sunday 10th September 2017
SFC Playoff Semi Final
Ederney v Teemore at Brewster Park @ 1:00pm. Referee - Oliver McShea (Enniskillen)
SFC Semi Final
Devenish v Tempo at Brewster Park @ 2:30pm. Referr - Joseph Corcoran (Brookeborough)
IFC Playoff Semi Final
Irvinestown v Derrylin at Kinawley @ 4:30pm. Referee - Karol Bradshaw (Donagh)
IFC Semi Final
Donagh v Lisnaskea at Kinawley @ 6:00pm. Referee - Gerard McLaughlin (Ederney)

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 08/09/2017 16:10:55    2044228

Link

Result:
SFC Semi Final
Derrygonnelly 0-9 Roslea 1-6

I wonder what ErneCountyFan has to say now?

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 09/09/2017 13:13:10    2044369

Link

Results:
SFC Playoff Semi Final
Kinawley 1-11 Erne Gaels 3-10
IFC Playoff Semi Final
Enniskillen 1-16 Newtownbutler 1-10
IFC Semi Final
Belcoo 2-14 Maguiresbridge 2-10

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1222 - 09/09/2017 20:56:22    2044477

Link