Dublin Forum

Dubs V Mayo

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

What do we think on this one, I posted on the main forum that I think Jim will target this he always seems to target one game in the league. I would like to see us go strong for this one we need to be more potent in attack. I would like to see the following Team start ( probably not likely )..
Cluxton
Philly
Cooper
Mick
McCarthy
COS
Jack
Fenton
MAMA
Scully
Connolly
KilKenny
Rock
O'gara
Paddy

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 828 - 02/03/2017 18:33:57    1962907

Link

Targets more than one game jimbo we have won the last four league titles man.
James McCarthy probably still injured from Tyrone game. Paddy Andrews hasn't togged out yet so be surprise see him start same with brogan. If they are fit might come in as subs hopefully.
would like to see Connolly start.
would also like see flynner start he needs get form. Would love see Gavin select Kilkenny at full forward for this one with mannion and costello in the corners.
think long balls into Kilkenny with his ball winning ability and quick hands could lead to goals for likes of mannion and costello moving off him.for me a forward line of
Flynn Connolly scully
mannion kilkenny costello

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 02/03/2017 19:37:48    1962928

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Targets more than one game jimbo we have won the last four league titles man.
James McCarthy probably still injured from Tyrone game. Paddy Andrews hasn't togged out yet so be surprise see him start same with brogan. If they are fit might come in as subs hopefully.
would like to see Connolly start.
would also like see flynner start he needs get form. Would love see Gavin select Kilkenny at full forward for this one with mannion and costello in the corners.
think long balls into Kilkenny with his ball winning ability and quick hands could lead to goals for likes of mannion and costello moving off him.for me a forward line of
Flynn Connolly scully
mannion kilkenny costello"
For me Rock has to start in fairness to him he has almost made himself undroppable I know he missed I think 3 last week but the surface was poor. We haven't seen COS so far this year is he been rested? I like the idea of KilKenny playing full forward. I am hoping to see big performance from the lads.

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 828 - 02/03/2017 19:58:15    1962938

Link

No harm in giving rock a break
He has nearly played every game over the last two years, from play the last day he was anonymous and i would like to see too fast tricky players in the corners to feed off Kilkenny,I'd bring rock on in the second half or if Connolly don't start play him chf.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 02/03/2017 20:24:03    1962943

Link

Replying To jacktheDub:  "What do we think on this one, I posted on the main forum that I think Jim will target this he always seems to target one game in the league. I would like to see us go strong for this one we need to be more potent in attack. I would like to see the following Team start ( probably not likely )..
Cluxton
Philly
Cooper
Mick
McCarthy
COS
Jack
Fenton
MAMA
Scully
Connolly
KilKenny
Rock
O'gara
Paddy"
Jack Mccaffrey went off with a hamstring injury in Donegal so I doubt he'll be playing.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 02/03/2017 20:43:25    1962950

Link

I'd have EOG in there

The ball sticks to him and Mayo struggle handling his physicality, get runners off him and it'll cause plenty of bother

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19561 - 02/03/2017 20:44:12    1962951

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "I'd have EOG in there

The ball sticks to him and Mayo struggle handling his physicality, get runners off him and it'll cause plenty of bother"
Yeah but he's like a double decker bus trying to turn with the ball at this time of year, his tackling is the worst I have ever seen at that level for a guy there now 7 years he still hasn't learned how to tackle.
his position is the edge of the square and keep him there no matter what as he has power and size but when he tracks back he's a liability. For me at present he doesn't look fit when he's fit he is a good target man no doubt but better when games are opening up in the second half for me not a starter

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 02/03/2017 21:20:03    1962965

Link

A lot of big names missing I feel we are in for a big battle, what's up with costello is he injured?

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 828 - 04/03/2017 00:11:15    1963370

Link

So what's the real team starting lads?;)

danthefan (Mayo) - Posts: 21 - 04/03/2017 00:14:28    1963373

Link

No Cooper, COS, McCarthy, Mccaffrey, Connolly, Flynn. Mc Manama, Brogan, Andrews, Costello I will be surprised if we get anything from this game.

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 828 - 04/03/2017 08:58:38    1963391

Link

Replying To danthefan:  "So what's the real team starting lads?;)"
haha spot on would say 3 or 4 changes

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 04/03/2017 09:36:55    1963402

Link

Replying To jacktheDub:  "No Cooper, COS, McCarthy, Mccaffrey, Connolly, Flynn. Mc Manama, Brogan, Andrews, Costello I will be surprised if we get anything from this game."
No Caff, Barrett, Keegan, Harrison, Barry Moran, Aos, Sos or Parsons. We'll be doing well to keep it kicked out to your lads.

Llaw_Gyffes (Mayo) - Posts: 1048 - 04/03/2017 13:13:59    1963474

Link

Confident enough going into this game.
I figure that there will be a bit of bite in the game and standards will be raised as a consequence.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 04/03/2017 14:33:42    1963500

Link

This was like supersonic fighter jets in battle formation v a clan with bows and arrows just waiting for the end.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 04/03/2017 22:03:01    1963656

Link

Mayo should get a serious roasting off their management after that sham of a display, worse I've ever seen from them. no excuse. Having said that, we were fantastic, ball handling on a wet night like that was amazing.

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 04/03/2017 22:18:27    1963663

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Mayo should get a serious roasting off their management after that sham of a display, worse I've ever seen from them. no excuse. Having said that, we were fantastic, ball handling on a wet night like that was amazing."
You know what you're talking about man

You're right, Dubs quick hands was very impressive, and deadly accurate

The league is going as well as we could have hoped

Blooding new lads and giving confidence to players, while showing lots of heart and an unwillingness to lose

You can't ask for more

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19561 - 04/03/2017 22:55:51    1963683

Link

Delighted to put Mayo back in their box and give them a bit of a lesson.
This was supposed to be their big chance to lay down a marker for the year ahead especially playing such an under strength and under cooked Dublin team. Well the opposite was the case even without so many of our star players.

Excellent performance. Delighted with the lads. Kerry next in Tralee will be a tough encounter but our lads are just starting to kick into gear for 2017.
We showed great hunger and determination tonight. Great to see.

ps Nasty sly elbow on Philly by the way - but we have come to expect such things from these opponents. Didn't do them much good though. Don't poke a bear and expect him to roll over...!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2663 - 05/03/2017 00:26:38    1963709

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "This was like supersonic fighter jets in battle formation v a clan with bows and arrows just waiting for the end."
yeah the Dubs were on fire last night ,, the speed ,, the movement ,, the passing ,, the intensity ,, the support play! The Dubs looked like men on a mission they were moving around the pitch last night with righteous fury!

Don't mind this ''' ah sure it's only the league ''' nonsense talk! There was more at stake last night then just 2 league points.

Mayo haven't beaten the Dubs in any kind of meaningful competitive match since 2012.

Mayo fielded their strongest team available last night looking to lay down a marker and beat the Dubs.

Wexiko (Wexford) - Posts: 81 - 05/03/2017 09:31:09    1963741

Link

Dubs I don't want to go over it again (but I am) but how wrong was it that Lee Keegan got poty, Dublin are playing at a different level to everyone else and not to reward one of our players last year for this was completely wrong imo. Love this team love everyone of them.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 05/03/2017 10:05:20    1963753

Link

An immense performance last night. So proud of our lads. Mayo's shooting was deplorable. They really should consider themselves lucky. It could have been an even higher score too. Don't forget we had at least three more goal chances and we missed a penalty. Unlucky for the rebound shot there as it hit the post, nine times out of ten it would have gone in.

Ciaran Kilkenny was superb, seemed to be everywhere on the pitch, laid off passes for a number of scores. Brian Fenton was excellent at centre field, as was Michael Daragh. Think Conor McHugh is turning into a fine player, as is Niall Scully. Thought Eric Lowndes had a great game too. Fitzy ( as I have said on another post) was immense.

Mayo must be shell-shocked, as they really expected to come to Croke Park and get a win. Have to say I never saw this victory coming. Beforehand I thought we might win a tight game by a point or two.....how wrong I was!!

PatdeVerse (Dublin) - Posts: 102 - 05/03/2017 12:12:32    1963789

Link