Carlow Forum

Footballers 2019 Season

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Hootie:  "Glorifying challenge matches now for some comfort,"
You'd better stop that glorifying lark Hootie, you'll only annoy yourself.

Have you nothing else in Laois to lift the depression?

Blackbogger (Carlow) - Posts: 155 - 11/07/2019 15:08:33    2209543

Link

Replying To Blackbogger:  "You'd better stop that glorifying lark Hootie, you'll only annoy yourself.

Have you nothing else in Laois to lift the depression?"
We have we are in div 2 in football and have taking your place In the Leinster hurling championship,no depression here man how about yourselves

Hootie (Laois) - Posts: 20 - 11/07/2019 16:44:49    2209590

Link

Replying To Hootie:  "We have we are in div 2 in football and have taking your place In the Leinster hurling championship,no depression here man how about yourselves"
No worries, we will take your place in Leinster next year. Assuming the system isn't changed. And we will see you back in Division Three of the NFL in 2021.

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 268 - 11/07/2019 17:55:27    2209618

Link

Interesting that the entire backroom team is not staying on. Any reason behind that?

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1485 - 11/07/2019 19:57:34    2209656

Link

Speaking to one the the backroom teams brother. Its just the time given to the job - affecting job, family etc
Understandable

fullbach (Carlow) - Posts: 233 - 11/07/2019 22:53:43    2209746

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "Interesting that the entire backroom team is not staying on. Any reason behind that?"
Yeah cos they're irrelevant.

hogg (Carlow) - Posts: 290 - 12/07/2019 00:28:26    2209766

Link

Irrelevant ? How are these back room people irrelevant to the team ? Hard to fathom!

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1485 - 13/07/2019 00:26:53    2210184

Link

Carla are now back at the level in both codes where they might now be able to compete

Hootie (Laois) - Posts: 20 - 13/07/2019 09:14:40    2210209

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "Irrelevant ? How are these back room people irrelevant to the team ? Hard to fathom!"
Yeah the demand for them to stay is overwhelming!!!

hogg (Carlow) - Posts: 290 - 13/07/2019 11:45:12    2210236

Link

Replying To hogg:  "Yeah the demand for them to stay is overwhelming!!!"
Unlike Poacher and Turlough! Indispensable it seems.

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1485 - 13/07/2019 13:28:45    2210267

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "Unlike Poacher and Turlough! Indispensable it seems."
They are, yes.

Poacher arrives, we get good.

Without him, we were awful.

It's that simple.

carlovia (None) - Posts: 971 - 13/07/2019 14:51:18    2210282

Link

Replying To carlovia:  "They are, yes.

It's that simple."
Ya reckon? Sean Murphy and a fit Paul Broderick had a lot to do with it too if you look at it another way..

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2581 - 13/07/2019 21:37:08    2210402

Link

Replying To carlovia:  "They are, yes.

It's that simple."
If...We retain the same management as the last 2 years... I just pray that we change our style. Roscommon, Cork can hold their heads up high tomorrow. They went at their opponents, they attacked, they defended too but they went to win. Our team has been hamstrung in the style played. It's seriously boring to watch.... and we have not had the results THIS YEAR . Posters can dress it up and use excuses but we were very very poor overall, we did not STAY UP when promoted.... Who ever the management team is... i just hope the players are allowed to play a far more expansive game.
Punters have left Netwatch Cullen Park due to the style.
I believe we have a superb set of players but they are not being allowed to play !

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1485 - 13/07/2019 22:17:09    2210441

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "If...We retain the same management as the last 2 years... I just pray that we change our style. Roscommon, Cork can hold their heads up high tomorrow. They went at their opponents, they attacked, they defended too but they went to win. Our team has been hamstrung in the style played. It's seriously boring to watch.... and we have not had the results THIS YEAR . Posters can dress it up and use excuses but we were very very poor overall, we did not STAY UP when promoted.... Who ever the management team is... i just hope the players are allowed to play a far more expansive game.
I believe we have a superb set of players but they are not being allowed to play !"
Hear hear.its dreadful s***e and everyone knows it.Some are just too stubborn to admit it.

hogg (Carlow) - Posts: 290 - 14/07/2019 09:24:54    2210538

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "If...We retain the same management as the last 2 years... I just pray that we change our style. Roscommon, Cork can hold their heads up high tomorrow. They went at their opponents, they attacked, they defended too but they went to win. Our team has been hamstrung in the style played. It's seriously boring to watch.... and we have not had the results THIS YEAR . Posters can dress it up and use excuses but we were very very poor overall, we did not STAY UP when promoted.... Who ever the management team is... i just hope the players are allowed to play a far more expansive game.
I believe we have a superb set of players but they are not being allowed to play !"
Lads, just a few pages back, this "Carlowman" wrote... "I for one will not be going again to watch that team." (If TOB and Poacher remain in charge)... this was when he was making false accusations about spitting... so, the good news is rest of us can ignore his posts for the next 12 months... he won't be attending games, so his views are meaningless.

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 268 - 14/07/2019 13:17:34    2210664

Link

Unlike those two we simply don't have enough scoring forwards so we have to cut our cloth to measure. Poacher put the system in place and it works better than anything tried before. Remember Anthony Rainbow's one sweeper system where we took on Meath with if I recall five forwards none of whom would be regarded as scoring forwards. The result we conceded a humiliating 7 goals and scored 6 miserable points. Before anyone says it yes I know what happened this year v Meath wasn't a happy day either but in the circumstances that was unavoidable with so many key players missing or injured.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1148 - 14/07/2019 15:58:29    2210753

Link

Poacher staying on... hope prevails.
The Div 4 domination tour 2020.. coming to a town near you.

MOH (Carlow) - Posts: 121 - 15/07/2019 19:22:58    2211545

Link