Carlow Forum

Footballers 2019 Season

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Barrowsider:  "Name 6 backs in the county that could go man to man with the best forwards out there, likewise name 6 forwards who can take on their man and score, we are limited, if you want an example of how playing a more attacking game with limited resources goes, take today's under 20s annialation, yes it would be nice to play attractive football but it's nicer to be competitive"
Longfords backs kicked more scores from play than we did. 1 3 I think.

old yellar (None) - Posts: 2596 - 22/06/2019 22:22:17    2198744

Link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1103554493529100288

Good attacking play from Carlow Div 3

novalis (Carlow) - Posts: 244 - 23/06/2019 00:34:23    2198789

Link

It's likely that Stephen Poacher has stepped down from his Carlow roll, if that's the case then it's very likely that Turlough O' Brien will step down from his.

supersub15 (Carlow) - Posts: 1957 - 23/06/2019 13:43:02    2198945

Link

Replying To supersub15:  "It's likely that Stephen Poacher has stepped down from his Carlow roll, if that's the case then it's very likely that Turlough O' Brien will step down from his."
Does not follow necessarily. But you may be right
I hope not. Tuoughs feelings for Carlow run deep.
It has taken him time to get to this point I can't imagine him making the decision lightly

Blackbog (Carlow) - Posts: 418 - 23/06/2019 14:03:18    2198954

Link

Replying To CARPS:  "Given it was Leix, I'm not sure everyone in Carlow would see it as a bad thing..."
I thought that what SP did was low Carpe. Your comment does not say very much for you and more importantly your standards of what and is not acceptable. Respect!!! ????

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1498 - 23/06/2019 17:08:53    2199070

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "I thought that what SP did was low Carpe. Your comment does not say very much for you and more importantly your standards of what and is not acceptable. Respect!!! ????"
Who's SP? You're making serious allegations there, from behind the veil of anonymity... especially if it's the obvious SP...

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 282 - 23/06/2019 18:52:34    2199218

Link

I've met lots of people told me what happened but not a single one of them saw it. Everyone says they were told what happened but no one saw it. I was very close to the front of the stand that day and I was within spitting distance of both management teams and at the end I saw nothing nor was my attention drawn to any argument or angry words or anything else being exchanged. Sounds like it's all bs if you ask me. No love lost between the management teams admittedly, which is why I was looked out for sparks at the end of the game but none came, but that's down to the carry on of Leix in last year's league final.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1164 - 24/06/2019 12:30:48    2199824

Link

I posted a message a few days ago which did not make it past the moderators. I'll try to anonymise my few words so they will be acceptable.

I seen the incident in O'Moore Park that day. While a certain official did spit after shaking hands with a member of the opposition management, I do not believe it was aimed in the direction of opposition management.

hurlingguru (Carlow) - Posts: 1813 - 24/06/2019 13:24:11    2199883

Link

I too was very close to the incident and as far as I could see their manager skipped past our manager to get to our coach first after the game. I would have been if the opinion managers shake hands first and foremost and most certainly didn't see any commotion otherwise

Hometown45 (Carlow) - Posts: 161 - 24/06/2019 14:01:43    2199924

Link

On a separate note what happened to the U20 footballers?

Beat Wexford well in opening game, narrowly beaten by Leix next and then two anihilations v Tipp and Offaly.

It seemed they were shaping up well and then total collapse and clearly not the least bit competitive when in games that really mattered. Is there some reason or recent upheaval or are things this bad? Doesn't auger well for years ahead if this is anything to go by.

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1164 - 24/06/2019 14:41:30    2199965

Link

Replying To Onion Breath:  "On a separate note what happened to the U20 footballers?

Beat Wexford well in opening game, narrowly beaten by Leix next and then two anihilations v Tipp and Offaly.

It seemed they were shaping up well and then total collapse and clearly not the least bit competitive when in games that really mattered. Is there some reason or recent upheaval or are things this bad? Doesn't auger well for years ahead if this is anything to go by."
That was their first proper game, the other games were just pre championship tournament, I was there Saturday it was as bad as I've ever witnessed, no game plan or a bad one, went long with every kickout and lost all bar two of their own in the first half, They didn't seem to have their homework done on Offaly either, their number 11 did what he wanted and our sweeper was covering the full back line, we were slow transitioning to attack, over all it looked like a very poorly prepared team.

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1259 - 24/06/2019 15:51:28    2200012

Link

Replying To hurlingguru:  "I posted a message a few days ago which did not make it past the moderators. I'll try to anonymise my few words so they will be acceptable.

I seen the incident in O'Moore Park that day. While a certain official did spit after shaking hands with a member of the opposition management, I do not believe it was aimed in the direction of opposition management."
Hurlingguru... how would a person in management spit after a person shook hands with him and not aim it ... you do know that he spat immediately after hands were shook...please answer me that. Why would ANY person spit at all ?

To me a person who spits is sending out a message...I do not respect you and what you st and for.

Enough said. No respect. No respect for our team. No respect for the opposition.. Laois.... I would always hope that All our players would have that decency and respect for All that they meet on the field of play and afterwards.
I for one SALUTE Laois on doing so well this year and wish them good luck in their next qualifier match v Offaly.

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1498 - 24/06/2019 23:17:18    2200369

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "Hurlingguru... how would a person in management spit after a person shook hands with him and not aim it ... you do know that he spat immediately after hands were shook...please answer me that. Why would ANY person spit at all ?

To me a person who spits is sending out a message...I do not respect you and what you st and for.

Enough said. No respect. No respect for our team. No respect for the opposition.. Laois.... I would always hope that All our players would have that decency and respect for All that they meet on the field of play and afterwards.
I for one SALUTE Laois on doing so well this year and wish them good luck in their next qualifier match v Offaly."
If you're saluting Leix, you ain't a "Carlowman." You're a troll... I wish there was some way to mute folk on here.. dude hates Carlow's most successful management for decades, but loves Leix!!

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 282 - 25/06/2019 10:07:29    2200460

Link

Replying To CARPS:  "If you're saluting Leix, you ain't a "Carlowman." You're a troll... I wish there was some way to mute folk on here.. dude hates Carlow's most successful management for decades, but loves Leix!!"
I think you hit the nail on the head there Carps. Sounds like a Laois man living in Carlow with a vested interest in Carlow doing well but doesn't have any love for Carlow.

Take a look back over many pages of 'Carlowman' posts and it explains a lot. Definitely has it in for the Carlow Management who may have put him in his place at some stage.

fullbach (Carlow) - Posts: 240 - 25/06/2019 12:02:47    2200534

Link

Replying To CARPS:  "If you're saluting Leix, you ain't a "Carlowman." You're a troll... I wish there was some way to mute folk on here.. dude hates Carlow's most successful management for decades, but loves Leix!!"
'If you 're saluting Leix, then you ain't a Carlowman'.
Stooping low now Carpe.
You cannot for a moment countenance anything humanly wrong with the county management...
Are you able to debate..or are you one of those who just attempts to throw insults in the hope of deflecting away from the issue? Trying to belittle me by calling my allegiance into question !!! Grow up !
Obviously unlike yourself, I have respect for Laois. I respect their style of play, I respect the fact that they are playing Offaly in the next round of the qualifiers. I am not a blind Carlowman! I see all sides.... surprise surprise!!!!!

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1498 - 25/06/2019 20:08:33    2200854

Link

Replying To fullbach:  "I think you hit the nail on the head there Carps. Sounds like a Laois man living in Carlow with a vested interest in Carlow doing well but doesn't have any love for Carlow.

Take a look back over many pages of 'Carlowman' posts and it explains a lot. Definitely has it in for the Carlow Management who may have put him in his place at some stage."
Thankfully fullback I was never put in my place as you say by one or both of the current management as you allude to.

Incredible the poor debating skills prevalent from so many of our Carlow brethren on Hogan Stand who just simply deny the evidence and continue to live in a dream world . It seems that they are unwillong to directly engage with the issue at hand, and instead go on the attack by calling into question the loyalties of contributors ! Petty and to be honest, I expected better and am genuinely disappointed at you and some other contributions. I expected better from Carlow fans. Perhaps the snowflake generation ?????

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1498 - 25/06/2019 20:15:56    2200858

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "Hurlingguru... how would a person in management spit after a person shook hands with him and not aim it ... you do know that he spat immediately after hands were shook...please answer me that. Why would ANY person spit at all ?

I for one SALUTE Laois on doing so well this year and wish them good luck in their next qualifier match v Offaly."
You salute Leix and you wish them well ... ah here are you for real or were you born yesterday maybe?

Either that or maybe you commentate for KCLR?

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1164 - 25/06/2019 22:23:43    2200967

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "'If you 're saluting Leix, then you ain't a Carlowman'.
Stooping low now Carpe.
You cannot for a moment countenance anything humanly wrong with the county management...
Are you able to debate..or are you one of those who just attempts to throw insults in the hope of deflecting away from the issue? Trying to belittle me by calling my allegiance into question !!! Grow up !
Obviously unlike yourself, I have respect for Laois. I respect their style of play, I respect the fact that they are playing Offaly in the next round of the qualifiers. I am not a blind Carlowman! I see all sides.... surprise surprise!!!!!"
Like most real Carlow people, I think Leix are the pox. That's what's rivalries are about. In any sport.

CARPS (Carlow) - Posts: 282 - 25/06/2019 22:58:08    2200989

Link

Replying To Onion Breath:  "You salute Leix and you wish them well ... ah here are you for real or were you born yesterday maybe?

Either that or maybe you commentate for KCLR?"
Onion breath...
Will you wake up !
As a true blue GAA fan I SALUTE teams that are neighbours and wish them well
Have done it for years and am not blinded by county to the extent I can't and will not wish my neighbours well.

Go back and look at the issue. Then come back and debate the issue.

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1498 - 25/06/2019 23:58:54    2201012

Link

Replying To carlowman:  "Onion breath...
Will you wake up !
As a true blue GAA fan I SALUTE teams that are neighbours and wish them well
Have done it for years and am not blinded by county to the extent I can't and will not wish my neighbours well.

Go back and look at the issue. Then come back and debate the issue."
Debate the issue with you, no thanks, especially in light of your defamatory comments above about a clearly identifiable individual.

I've said what I saw, which was nothing, so I'm not going down your route of judge, jury and executioner here. No complaint has been made and no investigation is underway so as far as I'm concerned nothing happened, move on. But instead you want to use this as means to kick a man when he's down. You talk about respect, well he alone in my view has done more than anyone to bring respect to Carlow football after 30 + years without any. Promotion and beating Kildare, not to mention the run the previous year and rattling Monaghan, has given Carlow respect. (If he infuriates other teams to hell with them, Meath and Donegal won all Ireland's with Boylan and McEniff effectively playing midfield for them). He deserves respect now too, to take time to see if he wants to give this another crack. I for one, and I'm not alone, hopes he gives it another year. With him, I believe we'll be promoted again and if not well so be it because I doubt we'll be promoted with anyone else coaching the team (which will probably break up if he goes).

Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts: 1164 - 26/06/2019 11:21:53    2201152

Link