Clare Forum

Clare Football Championship Draws 2017

(Oldest Posts First)

Draw took place last night... some tasty ties.....any thoughts???
Intermediate
Group 1
Kilmihil
Liscannor
Kildysart
Clarecastle

Group 2
Meelick
Coolmeen
Shannon Gaels
Kilrush

Senior Round 1 - to be played weekend on the 10/11 or 17/18 of June......
Miltown v Doonbeg
Kilfenora v O'Currys
Clondegad v Kilkee
Cooraclare v Breckans
Corofin v Éire Óg
Ennistymon v Cratloe
Lissycasey v Doora Barefield
KIB v Wolfe Tones

ROG_15 (Clare) - Posts: 4 - 08/02/2017 09:34:03    1953529

Link

I dont know to be honest if its much different to other years but i just noticed that there are only 6 west clare clubs in the senior championship - without having taken much notice in recent years i would have thought that there would be more than 6 of the 16. Regardless though its nice to see a spread across the county, north clare football is definitely getting stronger with ennistymon, breckans, the emergence of kilfenora and a bit of a revival from coroffin. By the way i didnt include lissycasey as a west clare club - would people consider the club to be in west clare?
Wolfe tones football is definitley on the up as well.

In terms of potential winners i think its hard to look past cratloe and kib, eire og should be close enough as well. Ennistymon after years of underage success, its about time they made a bit of a break though. Although they dont seem to have the mental stength required.. Also i think a big issue for them is there over reliance on inagh/kilnamona hurlers because hurling is the priority for those guys..

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1817 - 08/02/2017 10:44:08    1953555

Link

A lot of average to poor teams in the Championship. Relegating 5 teams next year is no bad thing. I can only see the winner coming from KIB Cratloe or Miltown and even Cratloe may be more focused on the hurling as Ballyea's exploits are sure to drive on the top hurling teams.

Ballyea's exploits may inadvertently weaken Clondegad in the football also.

Banner.Abu (Clare) - Posts: 92 - 08/02/2017 16:28:35    1953695

Link