Carlow Forum

Carlow minor footballers.

(Oldest Posts First)

Wishing all the minor football panel and their management team the best of luck tonight.
Playing at home should be worth a score or two and having played a o lot of games should set this group of players up for a decent effort at toppling a fancied Laois tonight.
I have not heard the team but I hope that we will have a better effort than the last one against Louth and that the players put themselves into a position to win the game.
This is this management team's second year In control so I hope we have a well prepared team physically and mentally able for the battle tonight.
Best wishes again. Early start - someone must be expecting extra time?

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1438 - 27/04/2016 17:12:30    1850199

Link

Heavy beating again. When did we last win a game at this grade?

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1229 - 28/04/2016 14:56:57    1850460

Link

2012 we beat Wexford in Carlow after a replay.

fergie (Carlow) - Posts: 1032 - 28/04/2016 16:15:06    1850499

Link

A pity that the minors went down so poorly last night. The standard of handling and teamwork was disappointing. Two goal chances were created in the first half and both came to nought. A pity as both of these would have created a real platform for the players to build on in the game.
The team did not seem to believe in themselves and this was noticeable as the players heads dropped quite a bit as the game progressed.
Hard to pick out players that stood out although all players made a good effort but no player stood out for the entire match. Laois are an average team but they had a structure, they scored easily in the first half, were first to the ball and won ALL kick outs.
The players we introduced did not add a lot to the team except Healy who was incisive and had an eye for the target.
Our pondering when in possession and our lack of options when in possession was also disappointing.
Hard to be positive- and when one consider the time the panel had together and a championship match behind them, and the fact that we were playing our closest rivals - hard to see why we were so spiritless.
I know this is very negative - but lets be honest - if you have players together for the last 6 months and played over 18 matches - I for one expected better fare.

carlowman (Carlow) - Posts: 1438 - 28/04/2016 18:42:53    1850544

Link

Last night and louth game were shocking. This is just not good enough for a panel that has been together for so long. Management have to take responsibility for this debacle and do the decent thing. This is their second year and it's time to call a halt.

dead_as_dodos (Carlow) - Posts: 459 - 28/04/2016 21:07:22    1850574

Link