Antrim Forum

Antrim v Monaghan

(Oldest Posts First)

Can someone explain to me why the county board has a full fixture of Div1 hurling matches on the Sunday evening when Antrim play Monaghan??? Surely it would have made more sense to play them on the Saturday evening or even early on the Sunday to allow players, supporters, mentors etc to enjoy supporting Antrim?? Its nearly as bad as fixing matches early in the league (football) for a 8.00pm throw in, so by the end of the match its that dark you can barely see your own player at the far end of the pitch!! Not a titter of wit!!

seenitall (Antrim) - Posts: 18 - 03/06/2013 13:30:14    1397579

Link

surely you arent suggesting our county board should show some common sense?????

saffsabu (Antrim) - Posts: 27 - 04/06/2013 16:44:24    1398614

Link

In a few days time our county plays its first match in this years football championship, you would not know it. There is no talk about it on the social media sites including this site and the county board is so enthused by it they have arranged hurling fixtures. We used to apathetic now we don't care. Sunday will be a home match for Antrim, but you will not know it as such because odds-on Monaghan supporters will out number us. Where has the spark gone, where has the pride gone and where has the leadership gone in this county?

galled (Antrim) - Posts: 251 - 04/06/2013 21:23:15    1398875

Link

Apathy prevails due to too many false dawns and empty words from palyers and managers alike

KevHill (Antrim) - Posts: 271 - 05/06/2013 14:57:17    1399388

Link

Hi im just wondering could some1 help me out with parking? I got a carpark pass for my elderly father & i want to know how far it is away from casement park. The ticket says Anderstown lc car park/ leisure centre car park. Any help will be greatful as dad not fit to walk too far.

monaghan1234 (Monaghan) - Posts: 2 - 08/06/2013 09:37:24    1401622

Link

Its 50 yards from main entrance gate-

theseasider (Galway) - Posts: 23 - 08/06/2013 11:50:07    1401700

Link

Too many wrong options going forward we have 3 forqwards. V 5 defenders and giving ball into man who who runs back into 4 monaghan men Casement is a big pitch and we need to use width to open up monaghan their attck is somewhat slow but they are given the luxury of space and free man poor tactics on dawsons part we need toi goi man toi man on their kick outs and compete for break which we were doing in last 10 not playing great but still only a point down come on antrim don't bid farewell to casement with any regrets Aontroim Abu

KevHill (Antrim) - Posts: 271 - 09/06/2013 16:22:17    1402269

Link

that was pathetic, two men up front when you have a one man advantage, that's just grim stuff, worst game of football ive been to in a long time. When Dawson took over he said he was going to add an attacking dimension to Liam Bradley's system but that today was far more negative than anything Bradley tried, he looks lost for ideas. We'll be an easy draw for most teams in the qualifiers on that performance.

Topa_the_left (Antrim) - Posts: 250 - 09/06/2013 18:19:42    1402400

Link

The County Exceutive must take the blame for this today. If they support this manager after today then the clubs should immediately propose a vote of no confidence in them and get rid of the lot They appointed Dawson as manager and after the debacle of the league and the final match with Monaghan eveyone who cares about Antrim Football knew the writing was on the wall. I cant remember when Antrim only scored 6 points in a match At least during the league they managed to score so where are all the forwards Time for the clubs to assert their control and get behind the rank and file supporters. This is the worst I have seen in over 50 years Our county is totally leaderless.

OldAntrimGael (Antrim) - Posts: 2 - 09/06/2013 20:49:30    1402562

Link

Both Antrim teams are a shambles this year. We will get beat by any team in the qualifiers, and that includes the likes of Waterford, Carlow etc.

antrimman91 (Antrim) - Posts: 127 - 10/06/2013 11:14:33    1402816

Link

Just read what Kevin Mc Gourty had to say in the "Antrim Post", and he is spot on in his comments..........

Ramblingman (Antrim) - Posts: 67 - 11/06/2013 10:01:06    1403807

Link

I have waited a few days to post this .did any one think there was going to be a different result on Sunday you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result,that is the sign of madness.

The county board now have an opportunity before the draw to make changes so we have the best players in the county on the pith not in the stands and if that means Mr Dawson is gone so be it that jersey is the most important thing please please put the pride back in it.

Sean

seanor37 (Antrim) - Posts: 9 - 11/06/2013 20:30:49    1404511

Link

Kevin Mc Gourty must have wrote that article in the Rock Bar were you can find him most nights. Did him knocking Sean Cavanagh about change the result of that game he mentioned. Why isn't he playing for the club ? he isn't a member ,so how was he expecting FD to select him. The county Antrim post must be hard up for articles to allow this man to put pen to paper to inform the county were we are going wrong . Only surprise in the article was he never plugged his Da for the managers job.

knownothing (Antrim) - Posts: 3 - 11/06/2013 20:47:18    1404519

Link

It was actually embarrassing to watch players that were restricted like that and not able to do what comes natural to them. Also the team out wasn't nearly up to what we could have put out, antrim football simply can't afford to miss out on players like the mc Cann brothers plain and simple

saffron94 (Antrim) - Posts: 5 - 12/06/2013 16:56:57    1405115

Link

Ha ha, leave big Kevin alone, at least he had the neck to say it. Personally, I think FD should just play the full St Galls team. At least nobody can say they won't play like a team. No offence to a couple of Antrim players, but if FD continues to pick players who are clearly neither fit nor capable of playing senior inter county football then we can hardly expect anything but a hammering from QUALITY sides like Tyrone

Rules_man (Armagh) - Posts: 152 - 12/06/2013 17:15:10    1405142

Link