Antrim Forum

St Galls Vs Kilcoo

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Green eyed monsters and all that - It's not arrogance it is backed firmly by stats. There have been other great teams in Antrim football, but none with a record quite like this. It is not that Naomh Gall people are arrogant, but there are so many knockers and begrudgers out there, it's pathetic really.

altview (Antrim) - Posts: 114 - 28/11/2012 21:34:57    1304123

Link

Green eyed monsters and all that - It's not arrogance it is backed firmly by stats. There have been other great teams in Antrim football, but none with a record quite like this. It is not that Naomh Gall people are arrogant, but there are so many knockers and begrudgers out there, it's pathetic really.

A record like what ATLVIEW ?? what stats are you refering to ? yes st galls have been the best team in antrim past 12/13 years but a lot of teams have dominated antrim over different periods its nothing new .. still find it hard to understand how a few st galls supporters can claim st galls to be the best team EVER to come out of antrim though

redmick (Antrim) - Posts: 92 - 29/11/2012 13:14:38    1304300

Link

Think teams members being arrogant as some people call it is why teams stay at the top for a long period as they generally form an elite click in the club ,this to me is necessary as if you want to stay at the top you need a driving force and generally pushing other team members to work harder to join this band .St Galls in one sweep got ten players through which will only happen to a few clubs in a club life time and at the time a lot of funding became readily available and a lot of country players came to the city to work re supplying their ranks which is understandable as most players in their time will want to try out with the best team around .I admire some of the St Galls players greatly as I and most people will see the commitment they had to put in to stay at the top but like every club this starts to fade and you will find after putting in so much commitment to one team the general structure of juvenile teams will suffer until a new breed that is fresh and not burned out take up the reins of coaching and promoting the clubs future .A massive plus to the St Galls club is their committee who over the last twelve years and beyond have put in a fantastic effort building a great club but they to must be finding it hard to cope with the general financial climate and its only going to get harder as its a lot easier to get sponsorship when your succesfull.Some of the posts that come probably from the hangers on at their club put a lot of people of ,and I would bet they never reached the senior team as if they had they wouldn't have the time .

rman (Antrim) - Posts: 102 - 30/11/2012 08:32:18    1304674

Link

Other teams have dominated, but never to this extent. We will never know if the other clubs, pre-club All Ireland era, would have won an All-Ireland. Until those two stats are bettered I think it is a reasonable argument to make.

altview (Antrim) - Posts: 114 - 01/12/2012 12:25:09    1305117

Link

Just looking at stats after reading that no one had dominated like St Galls ,St Johns won 20 football and five hurling championships over a 31 year period while St Galls have won 16 football championships over a 30 year period .Going by this still think theres a bit to go yet .

rman (Antrim) - Posts: 102 - 04/12/2012 08:39:34    1306158

Link

Rossa in a 16year period won 9 football championships and 7 hurling champions doing the double 3 times ,hard to compete with these stats .

rman (Antrim) - Posts: 102 - 04/12/2012 16:19:01    1306390

Link

We can always pick a time period to make stats look better than others but pretty hard to argue with 11 championships in 12 years.

spyboy (Antrim) - Posts: 343 - 04/12/2012 16:43:52    1306404

Link