Antrim Forum

Dunloy V Loughgiel SHC Final

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Deflect and deny. Useful tool that at times.

Incident involved the lgiel centre three quarters. He knows what he did. That's no a fair reflection on tut rest of the team, whom would never condone what he did.

Aside from that th game was played tough and hard with no complaint from me. Derby game at its best.

We have def left ourselves a great platform now to start the new season off with. I can't wait for it already.

Dunloyrealist (Antrim) - Posts: 498 - 02/10/2012 09:11:09    1276161

Link

Rocker 17 I really dont care less about loughgiels 3 in a row cause if you would look up dunloy have done a 4 in a row. Can someone please tell me if any other club in the county has done this in the hurling championship ??? The fact is rocker 17 loughgile player knows what he did and I think if the county board really wants to step up then they will look into this,

Dunloy2012 (Antrim) - Posts: 96 - 02/10/2012 12:03:00    1276284

Link

The Loughgiels player did not spit at or spit on anybody. This is a complete lie. This can be clarified by the player and his club. End of

tommoore (Antrim) - Posts: 10 - 02/10/2012 12:59:25    1276340

Link

Tommoore I think you will find the player and loughgiel club will deny this and i think that the dunloy player wouldnt have made that up now ???

Dunloy2012 (Antrim) - Posts: 96 - 02/10/2012 14:03:44    1276417

Link

Tommoore - Not one person named spitting on this forum, so you have obviously heard about the incident then?

I know for a fact that the county board have been made aware of this incident, and i myself have spoken to l'geil fans who condone the incident but also know its true. Its not something anyone would want to make up. This act from a individual spoilt what was a hard but fair game. Theres always one.

GreenGlens10 (Antrim) - Posts: 64 - 02/10/2012 14:26:10    1276447

Link

Pity that Dunloy2012 has not got a computer or access to the internet or he would be able to view the Antrim GAA website and see that Rossa did 4 in a row from 1957-60. ( wonder how he sends his contributions to this forum). As regards the alleged incident at the end of the match we have anonymous contributors coming on here stating 'facts'. Only fact is that outside the 2 players involved nobody else either saw or heard anything, and I think the fairest way to resolve this is let the County call in the 2 managers and the 2 Players and get it sorted, I also hope that the site administrator does his job and curtails anonymous allegations. We are getting into the realms of 'Liam Watson ate my hamster'. Finally our club is Loughgiel spelt LOUGHGIEL and if you want to write derogatory comments about us at least try and spell our name right

Rocker17 (Antrim) - Posts: 15 - 02/10/2012 15:46:35    1276544

Link

Himmm that didn't stop lgiel people on here spelling our club as 'Doneloy' for a long time on here. Childish isn't it?

Anyway this is ruining what was a good final between two great clubs. It's done and dusted and now moved on. We have left a great platform to build on with all the young lads we brought in this year. 17 of the panel of 25 are 25 and under and 7 of that are still u21. Along with newer guys to bring in from the minors next season it bodes well for the future :)

Dunloyrealist (Antrim) - Posts: 498 - 02/10/2012 16:05:36    1276569

Link

aye dunloy and rossa have done 4 in a row. Loughgiel can take their 3 in a row and go on to ulster and all ireland and do whatever they want cause the fact is the dunloy players had manners to go and shake hands and accept defeat one loughgiel decides to spit at a dunloy player another loughgiel player decides not to shake hands at all. Its all about sportsmanship at the end of the game something that 2 loughgiel players didnt have at the end of saturdays game.

Dunloy2012 (Antrim) - Posts: 96 - 02/10/2012 16:18:13    1276588

Link

Is it possible that the reason one L'giel player did not shake hands is because there were only 14 Dunloy players to shake hands with ( his opponent was already off the field before the final whistle). If you've forgotten he got a straight red for a dirty dig off the ball .I think if I'm correct since 2005 anytime L'giel have beaten Dunloy in the C'ship, Dunloy have never finished a match with 15 players on the field, so please spare us the lectures on sportsmanship. We won the match fair and square, it was not a classic but it was a teak tough encounter between the 2 best teams in Antrim this year, so as your colleague suggests accept your defeat and move on. PS Think it would be wise to change to Dunloy 2013 as2012 will only be remembered in GAA circles as the year L'giel became the most successful club in Antrims hurling history

Rocker17 (Antrim) - Posts: 15 - 02/10/2012 18:41:10    1276734

Link

great effort from the dunloy backs who done their job the forwards will be kicking themselves thou, loughguile will certainly win ulster, and it rather depends how the other provincial championships goes on whether they can repeat last years heroics, if im correct they will meet the galway champions which will be difficult with the year their hurlers have had.

POL (Antrim) - Posts: 144 - 03/10/2012 15:37:14    1277297

Link

I wouldn't be shaking Dunloy's players hands after their numerous attempts to injure Liam Watson over the years, Dunloy could have won, but couldn't put the ball over the bar so rightly didn't deserve to.

Playing under the floodlights is garbage, think Loughgiel got to the breaking ball twice the entire game, played bad considering their standards but the work of champions, onwards to Croke Park hopefully.

Purdy8TV (Antrim) - Posts: 1 - 03/10/2012 18:15:36    1277465

Link

Yes play galway champions. Clarinbridge have already been knocked out so you would have to say portumna and to be honest portumna and clarinbridge would be the only two teams in galway that would be capable of beating loughgiel. Gort won galway last year and were beating in all ireland semi final by a very poor coolderry side. For hurling in general i hope portumna win galway to get them back to were they belong

Dunloy2012 (Antrim) - Posts: 96 - 03/10/2012 21:24:35    1277575

Link

Congratulations to Loughgiel on winning their 18th county hurling title. Very tough but enjoyable game played in good spirit and with great determination from both sides. Hard luck to Dunloy who may feel they left it behind them and on another day it might have been different. P S Its great to see Shenboli back. Finally got all that egg rubbed off his face after, what was for him, the disaster of the A I club final result. I'm wondering if his anti Loughgiel rants are a symptom of something that happened in an earlier life or is jealousy the only factor.

thetallgypsy (Antrim) - Posts: 97 - 05/10/2012 09:51:25    1278381

Link

Very dissappointed that my last post was ripped to shreds by the moderator, who it seems cant take constuctive criticism. If I'm not allowed to even mention
"the incident" then "closing the stable door" and all that comes to mind.

thetallgypsy (Antrim) - Posts: 97 - 05/10/2012 10:16:22    1278401

Link

Dunloy know the mistakes they made and this has to be a motivation factor for next year what else would be, getting beat by your biggest rivals in the county final by 4 points and knowing if they had of scored half the chances they hit wide they would have won this game. Loughgiel now go on to ulster and probably all ireland but i think this year if the right team come threw galway (portumna) i cant see them going past the semi final but good luck anyway

Dunloy2012 (Antrim) - Posts: 96 - 05/10/2012 18:32:06    1278858

Link

Your lucky Tall Gypsy, your post regarding the' incident' was only ripped to shreds mine was allowed on line for half a day and then completely removed (must have written something our site sponsors did not like). It seems strange that people can come on here writing defamatory comments about a Loughgiel player but as soon as people try to bring some balance to the debate they are censored. I think in the interest of fair play the best the moderator can do is delete all references to the 'incident' right back to and including Dunloy2012's initial post about it. If this is not done the only conclusion I can draw is that not only is the site sponsored by a Dunloy company it must be moderated from Dunloy as well.
Very surprised to see Dunloy 2012 describing Coolderry as a poor side re their victory over Gort, prior to St Patricks Day he was on here saying they were a great team who would blow L'giel away in Croke Park . The only reason I can see for his changed opinion is tha by losing one All Ireland Club final they can now be described as a poor team. Wonder how he would describe a team that played in four finals and lost them all. Would he decribe them as mediocre?

Rocker17 (Antrim) - Posts: 15 - 07/10/2012 19:40:19    1279633

Link

will be interesting rocker 17,but I would describe some of them teams who beat them in those finals as less than mediocre to say the least,as probably some of our gaa friends down the ards penninsula would agree.The apologies from our Dunloy friends on here as regards the incident "THAT NEVER WAS " are deafening.shame on youse take your beating on the chin and learn from it,instead of posting garbage on this forum like school children.

turfcutter (Antrim) - Posts: 277 - 07/10/2012 20:19:31    1279665

Link

Welcome back Rocker17 good to see that news of your demise was premature. Apoligies for comments posted about the "incident"are coming in so thick and fast the moderator cant get through them. Im sure that's the only reason they are not posted. No doubt Loughgiel will be taking it one game at a time but seeing as the debate has started already and according to some, Portumna are the only team that can beat them I will say that that of course is nonsense, all four provincial winners will be quality outfits, as they were last year,and any one them could win

thetallgypsy (Antrim) - Posts: 97 - 07/10/2012 21:08:38    1279697

Link

loughgile to win on sunday as portaferry are spending this week putting bunting up round the place,they even have a BALLYGALGET flag flying to

sliothar (Antrim) - Posts: 339 - 23/10/2012 17:09:02    1287171

Link

sliothar the galgets wont for sure hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaha

ianog (Down) - Posts: 413 - 25/10/2012 16:02:50    1288216

Link