Antrim Forum

Division 1 Football

(Oldest Posts First)

Now that were almost half way through who do people fancy to win the league and exit the league? My personal opinion is that Cargin will win the league with Rossa and Ahoghill being relegated

antrim_1991 (Antrim) - Posts: 12 - 31/05/2012 20:15:31    1184852

Link

Tricky one. I think St Galls, possibly Lamh Dhearg or Cargin second. Can't see the johnnies getting back into it. St Paul's seem to be stronger already this year and I'd say they will challenge for third. The big games will be at the tail end, Creggan, rasharkin, Rossa and possibly st Brigids and ahogill will be in a dog fight by the next round of games. I'll stick with my early prediction and say Rossa and rasharkin to go down. Fair play to rasharkin though, I've watched them twice this year and they are knocking their pan in to stay up. Credit to them, but I can't see them winning Many games from here. Once championship comes around, you know St Galls will take the foot of the gas in the league.

Rules_man (Armagh) - Posts: 152 - 01/06/2012 08:39:47    1184967

Link

As everyone says with St Galls it's always hard to gauge. Especially this year with alot more expectation on their hurlers. I'll go with them to win the league anyway, as Cargin will drop points against weaker sides, always do. Lamh Dhearg are very strong this year to run it a close 3rd. From then on barring the Johnnies is nip and tuck, St Brigids have possibly yet to come good after an indifferent start. Rossa and Rasharkin to go down

Fantapants (Antrim) - Posts: 60 - 01/06/2012 10:11:37    1185009

Link

galls to win league, rossa and ahogill to go down..in regards to championssip johnies and galls final..was wastching the johnies and creggan game on wed.was a fantastic encounter..johnies have looked very sharp under new management and are dark horses..as the owlsaying goes leagues are for playing championships for winning

gallbags (Antrim) - Posts: 53 - 02/06/2012 13:03:32    1185641

Link

In reply to gallbag. I agree it will be a Galls v Johnnies final. Galls will be hard to beat at any stage and from what i hear St Johns have only started to train and train hard under their new management.

thefactsman (Antrim) - Posts: 17 - 02/06/2012 21:44:23    1185928

Link

looks like creggan could be going down unless they get their act together!

ohtoohtobe (Antrim) - Posts: 3 - 05/06/2012 10:42:42    1187094

Link

Relegation seems to be a certainty for rasharkin as predicted, but, fair play to them for the effort they put in during the year. I hope they get some reward in championship as its been a tough road this year. Will Rossa go down? Big question, sad thing is what's happening with teams sending weakened sides to lower placed clubs, points will be won to the detriment of others. I've watched Rossa twice this year and both times they lost but they seem to rise for home games. Creggan, st Brigids and ahogill have on paper an easier run in than Rossa so it will be tough to see anyone but Rossa going down. But you never quite know and there have been a fair few strange endings to the division 1 in recent years... Ive got my eye on St Brigids after a win against cargin and Lamh Dhearg for championship as I think St Galls are not the force of past seasons... I stand to be corrected as always!

Rules_man (Armagh) - Posts: 152 - 30/07/2012 17:02:49    1233829

Link

How come st brigids havnt pushed on since their meteoric progress of the last few years?

have they reached a 'saturation' point?

would be great to see them reach a county senior final.

johnanthony (Antrim) - Posts: 169 - 08/08/2012 12:24:40    1241557

Link

Relegation looming who will go down ?

Rasharkin are already gone but who will join them ?

It looks like its another one from three Ahoghill / Rossa / St Brigids.

If St Brigids beat Rossa on wednesday then its either Ahoghill or Rossa going down.

Will Rossa drop out after only one year never to return like thier hurlers.

wondering (Antrim) - Posts: 96 - 27/08/2012 08:15:38    1252570

Link

Its now Down to two teams either Rossa or Ahoghill to go down looks very much like Ahogill as they would have to bet Creggan and Cargin and hope Rossa loose to St Pauls

Altough anything is Possible just Ask St Brigids or better still ask St Galls.

wondering (Antrim) - Posts: 96 - 17/09/2012 14:10:45    1267593

Link

st galls are a joke in all this done the same in hurling sent tir na og down

POL (Antrim) - Posts: 144 - 17/09/2012 21:59:38    1268041

Link

in Fairness to St Galls and i wouldnt be their biggest fan, they knew they couldnt win the league and have a county final to prepare for its up to them what team they play. Rossa and Ahoghill losing 10 out of 18 league games is hardly St Galls fault. Both teams deserve to be down at the bottom of the table, and im also hearing st galls were winning that game until a last minute penalty, with none of their starting 15 playing.

Saffron_rebel (Antrim) - Posts: 68 - 18/09/2012 10:16:15    1268107

Link

WONDERING your anti Rossa comments could very well come back to bite you, if their footballers win their last game they stay up and if their hurlers win their last game they go up. interesting couple of weeks ahead, keep ur fingers and whatever else crossed that this doesnt happen WONDERING.

POL (Antrim) - Posts: 144 - 25/09/2012 12:40:42    1272378

Link

POl not anti rossa posts but merely observations at the time - Congratulations to Rossa in what is their most succesful season for years is it any wonder with achieving div 1 status as the ultimate Goal that the likes of Loughiel and St Galls will continue to dominate where it really matters this coming weekend.

wondering (Antrim) - Posts: 96 - 25/09/2012 13:33:09    1272423

Link

WONDERING i take it the comments about Rossa House on the SOME SHOCKING HURLING RESULTS THREAD were not anti Rossa then, i WONDER what you really ment then?

POL (Antrim) - Posts: 144 - 25/09/2012 14:32:12    1272471

Link

Season over, Rasharkin down along with Ahogill surprisingly after they defeated Cargin at toome... St Brigids survive by the skin of their teeth.. An enjoyable season, glad that the honours were spread about a bit with Lamh Dhearg winning the league. Good to see the Johnnies in a senior final but I think the real final was between St Galls and Lamh Dhearg earlier in the championship. Aldergrove and moneyglass back up by the looks of things, next year is going to be a real test as a lot of clubs are losing players to work abroad sadly. Well done to all players and clubs on another excellent season. My teams of the year: Lamh Dhearg, Rossa & if Sarsfields win the intermediate next week! There in their to. Finally, we'll done to St Paul's on their season after coming back up and reaching the intermediate hurling final also.

Rules_man (Armagh) - Posts: 152 - 30/09/2012 19:27:04    1275273

Link

another strange one ahoghill beating cargin, too little too late for them thou as rossa seen off st pauls.

POL (Antrim) - Posts: 144 - 03/10/2012 13:21:34    1277136

Link

WONDERING well rossa stayed up and their hurlers are back in div 1 as you didnt predict lol

POL (Antrim) - Posts: 144 - 10/10/2012 17:09:46    1281256

Link

Congratulate Rossa in promotion to Div 1 in football and hurling ,everybody in the county new they had the talent .Problem was wether they had the commitment which will be tested much more next season .Dual clubs are getting harder to run especially financialy maybe the county could get involved with clubs trying to ease some of the burden getting teams to field in three sometimes four senior teams in all GAA sports.

rman (Antrim) - Posts: 102 - 11/10/2012 12:17:01    1281561

Link