Antrim Forum

Some shock hurling results

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

heard a rumour that they are extending div 1 hurling league to include the top 4 in div 2 . anyone else heard this

redmick (Antrim) - Posts: 92 - 09/10/2012 16:46:12    1280652

Link

yes mick that does seem to be on the table and personally i think it should have been done some time ago, im not sure if the they will get 4 that want to go up but im sure glenarrfe and st galls will be happy enough to make the step up along with league winners rossa. but i will throw this one at ya, do you think this would off been considered if glenarrfe had won the league ? i have my doubts, in my opinion north antrim teams are happy enough to travel to the down teams but dont want to be playing the belfast teams which doesnt make sence to me, it will be interesting what way the north antrim teams vote if and when this proposal goes to congress.

POL (Antrim) - Posts: 144 - 09/10/2012 17:17:39    1280684

Link

Jaysus don't know about that theory POL. I was of the impression that most clubs (or at least members of the clubs) in N Antrim have been talking about the need to increase the leagues for quite a while now. Sure its better craic having a few more Belfast teams to have a go at ;-)

Offside_Rule (Antrim) - Posts: 3968 - 10/10/2012 09:39:40    1280946

Link

offside i have to disagree in my opinion had glenarrfe won division 2 then their would be no change or talk of change to the league structure, only the north antrim clubs can tell you the real reason behind this. the same thing was talked about last year but ballycastle went up so their was no change, coincidence ?

POL (Antrim) - Posts: 144 - 10/10/2012 12:49:11    1281062

Link

These proposed changes have nothing to do with who won Div 2 - they are the brainchild of Jim Nelson and his Hurling Development Committee - having heard a lot of the arguments against a 12 team Div 1 it will be a close call on whether it goes through or not.

Iardheisceart (Antrim) - Posts: 71 - 11/10/2012 12:27:39    1281568

Link

POL - North Antrim Clubs wanted to include more Belfast Teams hence the expansion of the league. Reason being that it is only good for Antrim as a whole when Belfast Clubs are playing in the top tier. My own opinion was that Div. One was fine the way it was where there are good competitive games week in week out. With Ballygalget making way for Rossa the 8 team division looked great for the 2013 Hurling Season in Antrim. I can now see some hammerings for the weaker teams in a 12 team division. I assume if it is a 12 team league it will be a one way league rather than 2-way which means less hurling again this cannot be good for hurling.

Brian_Coyote (Antrim) - Posts: 327 - 11/10/2012 13:51:32    1281628

Link