Antrim Forum

Championship 2011

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

good game yesterday considering the conditions. both teams played well and battled hard throughout the game. good result for ourselves. i think the 1-01 we got in the first half against the breeze compared to lgiels 0-02 was the difference at the end up.

nice results for us this week beating both lgiel and cushendall.

Dunloyrealist (Antrim) - Posts: 498 - 18/07/2011 10:59:17    987678

Link

Glenariffe 1-12 Dunloy 2-13

good result last night for us again. glenariffe played well in the first half and took some good long rang scores with the breeze behind them. sides were level at 0-07 0-07 at half time.

second half was more tit for tat with Paul Shields knocking in the first goal for us. glenariffe got back leve at 1-10 to 1-10 with a goal from the number 18, cracking goal at that.
Dunloy replied with a couple of points before paddy richmond hammered home the second goal.

Dunloyrealist (Antrim) - Posts: 498 - 22/07/2011 09:38:43    991683

Link

Realist I was at the game last night, all things considered I think the result was harsh on Glenariffe, they played very very well the entire game. Dunloy were able to spring a bit of quality from the bench, Dowds came on and fired over a couple of points & Richmonds goal was key. Glenariffe have had 3 good performances lately, narrowly beaten by ourselves, won against The Johnnies and narrowly beaten by Dunloy. We would need to take their challenge seriously for the championship quarter final or we could be in bother.

jesusjones (Antrim) - Posts: 385 - 22/07/2011 10:11:16    991713

Link

def, they played well and i was impressed with their long rang point scoring. granted we were missing a few players from last weeks games and we dont have a keeper at the min due to holidays/work commintments i think it was a great result for us.

it isnt an easy place to go and get a result the best of times. glenariffe will be hard to beat in the championship

Dunloyrealist (Antrim) - Posts: 498 - 22/07/2011 15:50:21    992195

Link