Antrim Forum

Antrim Keepers

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

But we have the youth. What is your definition of youth. I wish I was still 23 or 24 and being called an old man. These men are the future. If you want to go to younger look at St. Johns dual All Ireland Feile champions now if thats not talent I don't know what is. Im not sure if you follow the game as closely as i do but if you look at our young squads for example Lamh Dearg minors beating Omagh the defending champions in the minor. Our teams are competing at all levels for honours all over Ireland. I think the future is bright for county. Look at ten years ago and look at the great strides we have made as a county. My problem is there is too many pessimists, dooms day merchants and begrudgers in our county that will give regardless of how successful teams are. I always say I'm sure Corks full of them even know they won an all ireland. Get behind the lads. The futures bright, the futures saffron

kdog15 (Antrim) - Posts: 197 - 20/12/2010 12:05:11    835566

Link

look lads, see all the bickering and negativity there is absolutley no need for it, yes kdog i agree with you, gone are the days when antrim county and club teams were push overs, our (st johns) juveniles are too very well, long may it continue, the lambs are doing rightly in the ulster campaign, st galls over the past decade have shown how antrim team can compete at the highest levels with ulster and all ireland success, the county footballers got to an ulster final and pushed kerry all the way, last year unlucky to draw tyrone and kildare. the hurlers put it up to cork the entire game, i think the signs are bright. looking forward to january until the county scene kicks off.

Saffron_rebel (Antrim) - Posts: 68 - 20/12/2010 12:37:29    835594

Link

how are the new boys getting on?

Saffron_rebel (Antrim) - Posts: 68 - 11/03/2011 14:12:45    886430

Link

I for one have been extremely impressed by Seán O'Neill, his shot-stopping has been fantastic with number of saves in both the Meath and Kildare games. His kick-outs are also strong and he looks confident under the high ball. I haven't seen enough of Kerr to form an opinion, can anyone help me out??

ar_an_chnoc (Antrim) - Posts: 142 - 12/03/2011 19:33:23    887234

Link

Interesting tussle between these two lads, both seem to have done well so far but cant help get the feeling that O Neill is the No1 and Kerr 2, is that the situation or will the St Galls lad get a chance to show before championship? Are they still in rotation for the shirt ?

spartak22 (Antrim) - Posts: 21 - 05/04/2011 14:33:55    904026

Link

Both lads have done very well, and baker bradley has to get some credit for making a big call by dropping mc greevey and finucane. The two boys dont look out of place. i wouldnt write kerr off just yet, he is an intimidating prescence has a range of kickouts, this is where o neill struggles, o neill is a great shot stopper. It can only be a good thing for antrim football at the minute, that we have two young goalkeepers on top of their game.

Saffron_rebel (Antrim) - Posts: 68 - 06/04/2011 13:22:43    905100

Link

I would go with O'Neill as his kickouts are much better I think. Bot look very good shot-stoppers and have done well since coming in, but for be O'Neill is that bit more complete at the moment so he should be #1 come Ballybofey

srb (Antrim) - Posts: 344 - 14/04/2011 21:31:10    911941

Link

I think its the toughest position baker has to pick and the position with real competition. Both lads have been solid. Was at the game on sunday, and thought Kerr has a very good game, great kickouts, when needed bypassed midfield. and made two great saves. Baker has a huge call to make. both been on top form.

Saffron_rebel (Antrim) - Posts: 68 - 15/04/2011 09:05:36    911983

Link