National Forum

A plea to Parnell Park

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To ged:  "I was at the game last year with my 3 children. I do remember the queues to get in and we were there early but left standing for maybe 30 mins in a crowd as gates were closed. With 3-4 year olds I'd understand the nervousness. Simply not thought through properly. As for the terrace. The gradient is too shallow and it results in poor viewing and no visibility for kids. Mine didn't see much ball and it's the stand for me from now on. Again not a dig at Dublin GAA just constructive criticism and well done RD for highlighting these safety concerns. It would be worth mailing Parnell park themselves."
as much as the game it will be interesting to see if these things are addressed. i know some people with kids who went last year who are not going this year..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 28/05/2017 12:09:00    1991394

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Hill why are you going on so silly like arguing with the man when he's telling you his daughter got an awful fright at nearly being crushed, your taking it personally like he's having a go at Dublin or something, if theirs a problem that hasn't been brought to Parnell Parks attention then I say far play to Royaldunne. You making a debate of it as if he's making it up is making you look ridiculous."
absolutely..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 28/05/2017 12:09:37    1991395

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "I was at the game last year behind the goal at the golf course end.

There was loads of room there.

Are you bringing your kids with you next week RD ?"
also tickets were been sold separately for the different terrace ends,yet you had most people going to the main terrace,this lead to over-crowding. this needs to be checked. if you have a ticket for one of the terrace's you should be made go there..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 28/05/2017 12:14:08    1991396

Link

Replying To ormondbannerman:  "You wrote a journal of things you want done and had problems with in your opening post though so you can't pull the you didn't read it right.
ok you wrote to Parnell office and what was their answer to the gates not being opened? It's not usual for Parnell park all the times I have played or gone as supporter have never witnesed that so would have to have been a reason.
Of course nobody wants crushes at games so cannot understand why that would be.but you seem to be making a meal of it literally with a litany of things from upset at craobh chirann clubhouse having a function on to the shop running out of water to the stand seats been filled without seat numbers.
I was at a league final when we beat Derry in 2014 and they only had the middle of the hill open and it was well overfull with the steps filled with people the whole way down,people were squashed heard people next to me pleading with gardai to get them to open another section as section a and the nally were empty but they just said its not up to us
hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts:12030 - 27/05/2017 19:14:09
But hill how is the OP making a meal of things? If anyone's making a meal of it its you. If what OP said is true then stadium management need to completely change their policies and improve their services within the ground for supporters."
I never said he was Making anything up what I said was I go there and play there throughout the whole year and I have never encountered anything like that.
so I'm asking what they said was the reason when he mailed.
he's making a meal out of things like a function being on in craobh clubhouse and doesn't want that to be allowed this year haha that's silly now.
Also about shop running out of water all you have to do is being your own before you go like

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 28/05/2017 12:21:40    1991400

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Hill why are you going on so silly like arguing with the man when he's telling you his daughter got an awful fright at nearly being crushed, your taking it personally like he's having a go at Dublin or something, if theirs a problem that hasn't been brought to Parnell Parks attention then I say far play to Royaldunne. You making a debate of it as if he's making it up is making you look ridiculous."
Where did I say he was Making it up?
I'm not making anything over his daughter safety as much as you twist it, I have clearly said he's making a meal over the fact of function was on In croabhs clubhouse and had it on his list of what they must not have next weekend come on like its croabh own buisness if they want a function on.
sure fairyhouse have the Meath has day in the racecourse area at the Easter racing festival are they taking up good room for supporters of racing? And not having water in the shop like you can just be prepared and bring your own it's not rocket science.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 28/05/2017 12:26:39    1991401

Link

honestly think it was because dublin were not involved or it was too big for them been a champ game.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts:7731 - 28/05/2017 12:07:34

I wouldn't say it was anything to do with it being a non Dublin game or even it being a Championship game. I mean they get enough sell outs there where they haven't had these issues.

Possibly as Royaldunne said they were caught on the hop nor expecting a sell out or something. Which is fairly stupid if we're honest.

I don't see why they are bringing Louth and Meath into Donnycarney in anyways as it is an awkward spot but then again it is hard to understand anything the Leinster Council do in terms of venue selection as we've seen with the Dublin footballers!

The problem with PP for sell outs is that everyone has to enter the ground on the one side but normally the gates would be open fairly early. I've been in the ground well over an hour before it starts for example.

Obviously they messed up last year and need to ensure that doesn't happen again, if it does then no more championship games should be scheduled there in my opinion. They are well able to handle the full house so it is disappointing that they didn't handle it at all.

Hopefully they do better this year but it's an unsuitable location for a game between Meath and Louth imo. Parking must be a nightmare, it's bad enough with Dublin hurling games, or club championships, for parking when full but a lot of people would be walking/using public transport for those occasions so I can only imagine the chaos trying to get in and out for Louth/Meath fans.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13707 - 28/05/2017 12:44:35    1991403

Link

That's It, as I said my concerns re the clubhouse was for the people having the function not the fans as for Christ sake I use to go to the hideout for a drink before matches in my younger days. That aside it was the crushing aspect that I found particularly worrying. It shouldn't have been allowed to happen. And maybe they were caught on the hop and hopefully a incident like that never happens again.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 28/05/2017 13:04:54    1991405

Link

I never said he was Making anything up what I said was I go there and play there throughout the whole year and I have never encountered anything like that.
he's making a meal out of things like a function being on in craobh clubhouse and doesn't want that to be allowed this year haha that's silly now.
Also about shop running out of water all you have to do is being your own before you go like
hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts:12032 - 28/05/2017 12:21:40
Well just because you go there and regularly doesnt mean terrible service doesnt occur.
He isnt making a meal out of things. A ground shouldnt be running a function on days of games when it completely affects services to the paying attendees of a game. It would be like Croke Park running a large conference in the corporate levels of the stadium on the same day as a game.
And a shop at a ground shouldnt be running out of grounds like this especially temporary little shops. They should have enough stock to cope with demand. Very poor management and thinking if they cant.

ormondbannerman (Clare) - Posts: 13473 - 28/05/2017 16:05:20    1991462

Link

Replying To ormondbannerman:  "I never said he was Making anything up what I said was I go there and play there throughout the whole year and I have never encountered anything like that.
Well just because you go there and regularly doesnt mean terrible service doesnt occur.
He isnt making a meal out of things. A ground shouldnt be running a function on days of games when it completely affects services to the paying attendees of a game. It would be like Croke Park running a large conference in the corporate levels of the stadium on the same day as a game.
And a shop at a ground shouldnt be running out of grounds like this especially temporary little shops. They should have enough stock to cope with demand. Very poor management and thinking if they cant."
Oh seriously this coming from the man who told me that munster games in thomond park are as much a social occasion as sporting occasion and that people are entitled to bring 6 pints at a go up on the terrace and its my tough if they obstruct my view or spill alcohol on me in the process. Yeah I'm take that with a pinch of salt pal.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 28/05/2017 20:09:58    1991577

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "honestly think it was because dublin were not involved or it was too big for them been a champ game.

I wouldn't say it was anything to do with it being a non Dublin game or even it being a Championship game. I mean they get enough sell outs there where they haven't had these issues.

Possibly as Royaldunne said they were caught on the hop nor expecting a sell out or something. Which is fairly stupid if we're honest.

I don't see why they are bringing Louth and Meath into Donnycarney in anyways as it is an awkward spot but then again it is hard to understand anything the Leinster Council do in terms of venue selection as we've seen with the Dublin footballers!

The problem with PP for sell outs is that everyone has to enter the ground on the one side but normally the gates would be open fairly early. I've been in the ground well over an hour before it starts for example.

Obviously they messed up last year and need to ensure that doesn't happen again, if it does then no more championship games should be scheduled there in my opinion. They are well able to handle the full house so it is disappointing that they didn't handle it at all.

Hopefully they do better this year but it's an unsuitable location for a game between Meath and Louth imo. Parking must be a nightmare, it's bad enough with Dublin hurling games, or club championships, for parking when full but a lot of people would be walking/using public transport for those occasions so I can only imagine the chaos trying to get in and out for Louth/Meath fans."
personally i find it a pain in the arse,as you say location is terrible and generally you don't get that championship feel from it to be honest.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 28/05/2017 20:53:56    1991602

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "
Replying To ormondbannerman:  "I never said he was Making anything up what I said was I go there and play there throughout the whole year and I have never encountered anything like that.
And a shop at a ground shouldnt be running out of grounds like this especially temporary little shops. They should have enough stock to cope with demand. Very poor management and thinking if they cant."
Oh seriously this coming from the man who told me that munster games in thomond park are as much a social occasion as sporting occasion and that people are entitled to bring 6 pints at a go up on the terrace and its my tough if they obstruct my view or spill alcohol on me in the process. Yeah I'm take that with a pinch of salt pal."
you seem to be defending a situation despite not attending the game last year. louth and meath supporters complained about this..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 28/05/2017 20:56:04    1991606

Link

No likely improvement if the Wicklow V Louth game is anything to judge by. Croah clubhouse completely disorganised. don't go near it. Also online tickets now not available to pick up at event now. will be posted. PP already know they won't be able to cope with the numbers.

ninjasmyth (Louth) - Posts: 716 - 30/05/2017 00:02:32    1991998

Link

Replying To ninjasmyth:  "No likely improvement if the Wicklow V Louth game is anything to judge by. Croah clubhouse completely disorganised. don't go near it. Also online tickets now not available to pick up at event now. will be posted. PP already know they won't be able to cope with the numbers."
Tickets selling out fast, stand tickets now just gone, I have confidence though that pp will be better prepared this year.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 30/05/2017 09:05:40    1992033

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Where did I say he was Making it up?
I'm not making anything over his daughter safety as much as you twist it, I have clearly said he's making a meal over the fact of function was on In croabhs clubhouse and had it on his list of what they must not have next weekend come on like its croabh own buisness if they want a function on.
sure fairyhouse have the Meath has day in the racecourse area at the Easter racing festival are they taking up good room for supporters of racing? And not having water in the shop like you can just be prepared and bring your own it's not rocket science."
Sorry but what the hell had a race day at Fairyhouse got to do with the utter dogs dinner that was made of the stewarding at Parnell Park last year, and I'm sorry but water should be available at any sports arena. The fact is that last year those associated with Parnell Park knew a big crowd would be in attendance but either just didn't bother or just didn't care about that crowd. The fact that Parnell Park has got two games already this year after that fiasco last year shows where Leinster Councils head is regarding fixtures.

Richieq (Meath) - Posts: 3734 - 30/05/2017 10:27:22    1992066

Link

Hill you need to choose your battles better. You have no argument here I'm afraid.

Breffni40 (Cavan) - Posts: 12120 - 30/05/2017 10:50:44    1992077

Link

Replying To Breffni39:  "Hill you need to choose your battles better. You have no argument here I'm afraid."
That's it in not choosing a battle or making an argument.
just responding to Watergate and clubhousegate

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 30/05/2017 10:58:17    1992079

Link

Replying To Richieq:  "Sorry but what the hell had a race day at Fairyhouse got to do with the utter dogs dinner that was made of the stewarding at Parnell Park last year, and I'm sorry but water should be available at any sports arena. The fact is that last year those associated with Parnell Park knew a big crowd would be in attendance but either just didn't bother or just didn't care about that crowd. The fact that Parnell Park has got two games already this year after that fiasco last year shows where Leinster Councils head is regarding fixtures."
Fairy house rent out their facilities to the Meath gaa on the Easter festival day when they get their biggest crowds of the year the same thing as croabh chirann renting out their facilities for a function on the same day as a big crowd in the neller next door. It prevents people from using that facility who arent part of the meath gaa function, which causes bigger quewes at the other bar.
hope that clears it up for you haha

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 30/05/2017 11:06:57    1992085

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "
Replying To MesAmis:  "honestly think it was because dublin were not involved or it was too big for them been a champ game.

Hopefully they do better this year but it's an unsuitable location for a game between Meath and Louth imo. Parking must be a nightmare, it's bad enough with Dublin hurling games, or club championships, for parking when full but a lot of people would be walking/using public transport for those occasions so I can only imagine the chaos trying to get in and out for Louth/Meath fans."
personally i find it a pain in the arse,as you say location is terrible and generally you don't get that championship feel from it to be honest."
It is my favorite stadium in Ireland if I am honest.
Especially when it is full or near full and under floodlights Dublin matches/Club games.
I always make sure to get there about 45 minutes before throw in and it is grand.
I was at a game between Louth and Wicklow a few years ago and it was great as a neutral.
There was a big crowd at it and it all went off without a hitch.
I always come prepared with water and maybe sambos ( I would have thought our travelling country cousins are used to being suitably prepared?)

I hope that any issues RoyalDunne experience will not occur again, and he can enjoy a game in comfort in the home of football.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 990 - 30/05/2017 11:21:27    1992093

Link

Replying To Breffni39:  "Hill you need to choose your battles better. You have no argument here I'm afraid."
Agreed

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 30/05/2017 11:43:37    1992102

Link

Replying To Richieq:  "Sorry but what the hell had a race day at Fairyhouse got to do with the utter dogs dinner that was made of the stewarding at Parnell Park last year, and I'm sorry but water should be available at any sports arena. The fact is that last year those associated with Parnell Park knew a big crowd would be in attendance but either just didn't bother or just didn't care about that crowd. The fact that Parnell Park has got two games already this year after that fiasco last year shows where Leinster Councils head is regarding fixtures."
I was trying to figure out what fairyhouse had to do with it myself

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 30/05/2017 11:44:35    1992103

Link