National Forum

Kerry Investment paying off?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Kerry are well resourced, however I think more credit has to go to the coaching. Kerry in many ways copied the Tyrone model in putting a great manager down to the minor grade initially. JOC has been with this group now for a number of years, and I have no doubt within 3 years will step back into the Senior role. The potential is huge in Kerry, and it is the only county that can stop Dublin dominating for another 10 years.

sam1884 (UK) - Posts: 999 - 30/03/2017 12:49:28    1973115

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Yep all those millions they have received from Club Kerry or whatever its called is now paying off. Sure it had to eventually. Weren't Kerry up there with Mayo last year and the last few years for total spend on county teams.
Sure look all that money has to come to fruition eventually doesn't it.

Wont be long now before Kerry are cleaning up at all levels, and it will be Kerry who everyone thinks should be split in two and are ruining the game for the rest of us.....sigh...

wait....what?.......ohh........ohh right..........."
The boy Liam once Dublin are split into 4!
Considering you've Dublin and 3 feeder counties around ye!

westkerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1250 - 30/03/2017 13:03:51    1973123

Link

If Kerry have resources (and being no stranger to Kingdom, i know they have) then fair play to them. My own belief is resources take you so far and enable infrastructure and proper processes and maybe telling in the likes of provincials beyond that is when the quality of football rises. Success obviously breeds resources though.

I really hope Kerry kick on, i would relish the challenge to be very honest. The Black Pool VS Kingdom at peak, bring it on the sooner the better.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 4445 - 30/03/2017 13:19:50    1973133

Link

Replying To legendzxix:  "Australia will come plundering the rural county from the southwest."
Hopefully , yea have enough sams won already

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2837 - 30/03/2017 14:08:06    1973165

Link

Replying To sam1884:  "Kerry are well resourced, however I think more credit has to go to the coaching. Kerry in many ways copied the Tyrone model in putting a great manager down to the minor grade initially. JOC has been with this group now for a number of years, and I have no doubt within 3 years will step back into the Senior role. The potential is huge in Kerry, and it is the only county that can stop Dublin dominating for another 10 years."
Dublin is the only team capable of stopping Kerry dominating for the next 10 years more like !! Kerrys great joc masterplan is coming along nicely.

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2837 - 30/03/2017 14:18:07    1973171

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "Hopefully , yea have enough sams won already"
We'll win many more too, Australia, Dublin or Azerbaijan be dammed!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6354 - 30/03/2017 14:24:14    1973174

Link

I seem to remember the rebuilding was begun by a man named Michael (Micky Ned ? ) O'Sullivan.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 749 - 30/03/2017 14:55:21    1973190

Link

We're a humble rural county in the southwest of Ireland. There are more populous and urbanised counties and regions around the country, with far more resources than ours. Sure we'll plod along as best we can. We'll enjoy a few more outings up in the big smoke please God.

legendzxix (Kerry) - Posts: 7844 - 30/03/2017 16:22:44    1973222

Link

Replying To legendzxix:  "We're a humble rural county in the southwest of Ireland. There are more populous and urbanised counties and regions around the country, with far more resources than ours. Sure we'll plod along as best we can. We'll enjoy a few more outings up in the big smoke please God."
HUMBLE , Had to check the date , yep two days early

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 30/03/2017 16:42:11    1973230

Link

We're a humble rural county in the southwest of Ireland. There are more populous and urbanised counties and regions around the country, with far more resources than ours. Sure we'll plod along as best we can. We'll enjoy a few more outings up in the big smoke please God.

legendzxix (Kerry) - Posts:5232 - 30/03/2017 16:22:44 1973222

Now if that had been Westkerry I would nod my head but from you................!

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 30/03/2017 17:07:35    1973241

Link

Replying To legendzxix:  "We're a humble rural county in the southwest of Ireland. There are more populous and urbanised counties and regions around the country, with far more resources than ours. Sure we'll plod along as best we can. We'll enjoy a few more outings up in the big smoke please God."
Yawn !!

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2837 - 30/03/2017 17:08:35    1973242

Link

Imagine the millions that Kerry have amassed in the last couple of years and they wouldn't give a penny to the likes of Carlow and Leitrim
And the county with the highest number of all ireland wins say they want a level playing field!!

keithlemon (Australia) - Posts: 920 - 30/03/2017 17:20:35    1973249

Link

Replying To Gael85:  "http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/kerry-step-up-their-pursuit-of-excellence-1.2220057

Another trophy in the cabinet for Kerry tonight winning the u21 Munster and odds on favourite to win u21 AI

Throw in they have won last 3 minor All Irelands, 3 Hogans Cup. Dr Crokes winning club All Ireland and their clubs dominant at intermediate and junior club level. With the Kerry Group investment over last year few years it is no coincidence Kerry are starting to dominate football at all levels. We will soon see them take over the mantle from Dublin and fair play to them, They have produced great young players like Killian Spillane, Andrew & Jack Barry, David Clifford, Dara Moynihan, David Shaw, Jason Foley, Shane Ryan and Micheal Burns who will be superstars in next year or two . Is Kerry investment paying off??"
Good post Gael.

I said it last year and say it again - Kerry will be the top dogs soon enough and already are Dublin's no.1 challenger.

They have some talent on the conveyor belt once more and will dominate again soon enough. Our temporary position at the top won't last much longer and I fear for many other counties when Kerry start winning again...
People think they have it bad now well wait for what is coming down the tracks folks.

As for the cute Hoorism and the Small Rural team nonsense - the funding and structures they have in place is beginning to beat fruit and their sponsorship deals are substantial no matter how they try to disguise it. They want for nothing and the funding they get in from the US is 2nd to none.

Their U21 team could win Munster imo and they won't get tested until Aug.
Certs for an AI semi v Mayo in the Summer.

Add to that the favourable ref decisions they always get and expect them to make the AI Final this year....!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 3732 - 30/03/2017 21:32:24    1973338

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "Good post Gael.

I said it last year and say it again - Kerry will be the top dogs soon enough and already are Dublin's no.1 challenger.

They have some talent on the conveyor belt once more and will dominate again soon enough. Our temporary position at the top won't last much longer and I fear for many other counties when Kerry start winning again...
People think they have it bad now well wait for what is coming down the tracks folks.

As for the cute Hoorism and the Small Rural team nonsense - the funding and structures they have in place is beginning to beat fruit and their sponsorship deals are substantial no matter how they try to disguise it. They want for nothing and the funding they get in from the US is 2nd to none.

Add to that the favourable ref decisions they always get and expect them to make the AI Final this year....!"
Too bad when we play the GAA's darlings we cant get any important decisions

As for the rest , pure guff

KYTotalFootball (Kerry) - Posts: 280 - 30/03/2017 21:58:33    1973351

Link

Replying To keithlemon:  "Imagine the millions that Kerry have amassed in the last couple of years and they wouldn't give a penny to the likes of Carlow and Leitrim
And the county with the highest number of all ireland wins say they want a level playing field!!"
What the hell are you talking about? Millions amassed?

The GAA give us F all relatively speaking, I'd love to see evidence of these millions we supposedly receive from Croke Park.

Put up or shut up

KYTotalFootball (Kerry) - Posts: 280 - 30/03/2017 21:59:13    1973352

Link

Add to that the favourable ref decisions they always get and expect them to make the AI Final this year....!"
Is this reverse cute hoorism? Dublin have dominated the U21 grade since the turn of the decade and are going nowhere.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 2105 - 30/03/2017 22:07:44    1973357

Link

Add to that the favourable ref decisions they always get and expect them to make the AI Final this year....!

Well I suppose when we reach said final, we will just have to endure the favorable/controversial referee decisions the Dubs (playing to 60,000 of their own fans) always seem to get against us these days. So we will probably end up empty handed yet again.

But sure we will just dust ourselves down as always and go at it again, and again and again until this current blue wave breaks on the Kingdom's rock and the natural order is restored to the GAA's universe.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 6354 - 30/03/2017 22:53:28    1973378

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "Is this reverse cute hoorism? Dublin have dominated the U21 grade since the turn of the decade and are going nowhere."
Eh no cute hoorism is Kerry only .

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 2837 - 30/03/2017 23:44:53    1973394

Link

4th year in a row a Kerry school has won the Hogan Cup and Kerry now odds on favourite to win u21 and minor All Irelands. Have a great chance of winning Senior AI too.

Gael85 (Dublin) - Posts: 1433 - 01/04/2017 20:05:53    1973899

Link

Replying To Gael85:  "4th year in a row a Kerry school has won the Hogan Cup and Kerry now odds on favourite to win u21 and minor All Irelands. Have a great chance of winning Senior AI too."
Go away with your blarney. It's clearly been a poor decade.

5 years on from our minor All-Ireland of 2014 is the earliest anyone can expect us to be out of transition.

legendzxix (Kerry) - Posts: 7844 - 02/04/2017 17:10:11    1974189

Link