National Forum

Admin: Please ban Snufalufagus from posting

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I really mean this. She ruins each and every thread she comments on.
Each time I read a post that she is involved in, I cringe at the thought that I have something in common with this person - being Irish, from same province, interest in same sport.

Reasons for ban:
This is a site and forum for GAA fans, hoganstand is in danger of turning into a youtube-comment-like area where people are allowed go off on ridiculous tangents if posters like this fool remain - every so often we all get giddy and excited and post rubbish for a laugh, but this constant stream of foolishness must stop
Snufalufagus is allowed hide behind an anonymous name under which she can post smug remarks, which are never informed additions to any GAA related argument and merely serve to annoy all around
Snufalufagus is completely self-obsessed (sign off name - extremely irritating, and now "a snuffy original" in friday wind down - latest post) and contributes nothing of any worth in terms of information or dignified opinion to any thread
The worst of all for me was when people were posting to Michaela Harte's (RIP) thread, this fool still insisted on using the sign off - complete obnoxiousness

After over 4,000 posts of absolute tripe, please ban this ridiculous presence from what generally is a great site for all Gaelic Games lovers.

Admin: post this, I believe (yes, believe - not saying I definitely am) I represent a majority of posters who dislike this individual. If I do not represent the majority, I will gladly concede my right to call for this ban

wicklu (Wicklow) - Posts: 331 - 06/01/2012 15:42:03    1089613

Link

Down with censorship.

dhorse (Laois) - Posts: 11374 - 06/01/2012 15:48:57    1089623

Link

Wicklu who died and made you king?
Snuf has been around here longer than most of us put together

First Ballboy, now snuff.....I fear Myself, Horse, RKF, Loyal, even Royal Girl and a few others will be next in the target line of the "new breed" !!!

Long live Snuf! Keep her lit Sire!!

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8166 - 06/01/2012 15:52:57    1089625

Link

well said

ballymon (Kildare) - Posts: 30 - 06/01/2012 15:54:36    1089628

Link

Can't agree I'm afraid. There's a Dublin poster on here that I often find funny. I think that might be Snuff. Kind of a smart **se? Harmless banter that some take far too seriously? Is that the poster?

In any event, censorship isn't the answer. Just ignore them yourself. I think the admin do a great job here. They tone down posts just enough so that nobody lands themselves in potential legal trouble. They also ensure that it doesn't degenerate into a string of overly personal criticisms of public personas. But there' no need to go beyond that.

I also like the idea of posting anonomously. I agree that I shouldn't abuse that priviledge by hiding behind it. But think of it this way. What if you want to vent your frustration with your county board? What if you had to sign your name to it? Could that have implications for your club? A club that mightn't even agree.

Anonimity is good (if you can spell it!). But it shouldn't be used to direct personal or libelous abuse at players, referees or officials.

Culchie (Cork) - Posts: 799 - 06/01/2012 15:59:30    1089631

Link

Here here. If its good enough for Ballboy its good enough for Snuff.

Or is hoganstand the home of double standards admin?

theboydonegood (Donegal) - Posts: 522 - 06/01/2012 16:01:32    1089636

Link

Should snuff not be giving a chance to mends his ways.C,mon snuff play nicely :-)

DUB1 (Dublin) - Posts: 5583 - 06/01/2012 16:07:35    1089641

Link

theboydonegood
County: Donegal

Or is hoganstand the home of double standards admin?

Yes

dhorse (Laois) - Posts: 11374 - 06/01/2012 16:10:37    1089642

Link

You cant be throwing him /her out.

I agree that his /her posts are at best annoying but what would he/she be doing if they werent contributing ?
Sometimes its best to keep these fools at this carry-on rather than more heinous activity.

Finsceal (None) - Posts: 559 - 06/01/2012 16:15:24    1089646

Link

Liamwalkinstown

Its Jim Corr and his New World Order of Hoganstand...... be warned.

Jinxie (Meath) - Posts: 6344 - 06/01/2012 16:15:53    1089648

Link

Well if anyone has to go next it has to be the awful Ulsterman.Many of his posts are to do with irish history/the Ulster question (and not much Gaa).
P.S.I hope the admin makes Ballboys ban a permanent one.

TheRoad (Galway) - Posts: 1339 - 06/01/2012 16:17:31    1089650

Link

Ah look theres enough censorship already and don't forget that this is just an internet forum, you really shouldn't be letting virtual opinions from anonymous posters get to you.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 06/01/2012 16:29:05    1089662

Link

WAY out of order by the original poster. Snuf is one of the legends of this site, and in fairness there is much worse posters on this site. Most of the time Snuf makes some sort of sense.
After 34 posts, it's hardly your place to tell who should be banned.
Regards,
Pinkie (Snuf defender!)

Pinkie (Wexford) - Posts: 4100 - 06/01/2012 16:29:42    1089663

Link

Ya we wouldn't what Hoganstand to turn into the joke that is boards.ie or a few others where people are banned for nothing

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 06/01/2012 16:35:56    1089669

Link

This is what happens when you set a precedent. I believe the admins were foolish to come off the fence with ballboy, and now this is the result. Ballboy broke no rules yet was banned for a period. Can we now decide to ban snuf? Or can he decide to ban everyone else? If someone doesnt break the rules they shouldnt be banned.

TheMaster (Mayo) - Posts: 16187 - 06/01/2012 16:37:16    1089670

Link

Happy New Year Snuff

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13718 - 06/01/2012 16:38:55    1089672

Link

i dont think snuff cares what people think of him

hipster (Dublin) - Posts: 2509 - 06/01/2012 16:44:19    1089681

Link

A bit harsh there. Yeah he/she does wind people up it's all a bit of crac really and I do think he's a dose sometimes but to ban him? I don't post often but I do read a bit one thing I think the admin could do is stop you dubs from turning the main forum into your own. I look forward to snuffs reply if I'm only worthy of such a regarded poster on this most holy site

Eager_to_hurl (Carlow) - Posts: 81 - 06/01/2012 16:50:14    1089684

Link

If there were no wind up merchants on here HS would be very boring. Sure if there were no mayo posters ye might as well pack up altogethers. I think this newbee poster who started this thread needs to knocked back in line.

Btw snuf are you a she or a he?....I always thought he

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 11236 - 06/01/2012 17:12:32    1089693

Link

Wicklu , With respect

This place isn't all about constant seriousness.. This is a place for people to have an online discussion about Gaelic games , soccer or whatever the hell takes your fancy.. It's a place where you can talk to fans from other counties and put your opinions in favour or against a notion/idea forward as you wish. You make threads/discussions in the knowledge that people will have their opinion on it , wether they be strong opinions in favour of what you say , or strong opinions against what you say , Its the right that every single person has. Some people will choose to take the michael , So what ? Whats the big deal

Snuff , Ballboy , Ulsterman , Ogall .... They all have a right to come on here and say whatever they want to say within reason , Obviously if they try to get posts in with foul and/or abusive language , sectarian , racist , sexist, bullying etc comments , Its a totally different issue , That is not something you want to see and not something you do see. But i believe everybody here and i mean "everybody" , Contributes to this board in a great way. Yes , Snuff can be a smartarse , Yes Snuff can take the p**s , But he doesn't offend anybody , And if he does , Then im sorry it doesnt say much about said person.

I find it pathetic and childish that so many people can have a bad opinion of someone because of what they say on an internet forum despite not knowing the individual personally. Not everybody got on with Patrique here (Lord rest him) , But everyone respected him and where shocked when he sadly passed away. Only when he died did so many people remember some of his posts both excellently well written , and some that seemed very ill-thought.. but they weren't. I think you yourself have a serious chip on your shoulder and you need to get rid of it.

Everybody here is guilty of writing a post aimed at winding people up. I dont support the Irish soccer team , Yet i admit when i have talked about them in the past , i sometimes did it to get a response , Why you ask ? , Well because if this place was serious , a place where everyone just agreed and was nice to everyone , It would be boring , sometimes its good to spice things up abit , Its what you call banter , And some people are incapable of having banter..

Seamus89 is the perfect example , Look at his anti-united , anti-rooney threads , He does it because he gets the desired response , Stuff like this will only Fuel Snufs attempts to rile people up , And he is doing exactly that , Its only a laugh , Its only banter , You have to be around this place a while to get used to peoples habits , Everybody , and i mean everybody on here have fantastic opinions and can easily express them , When they want to , And Snuf like O'Gall , like Ulsterman etc , are exceptionally bright people who have open broad minds ...

If you dont like this place or people on this site , Fine , your perfectly within your right to leave and take your dry-s***e attitude to somewhere people care , And leave the rest of us to enjoy this place , opinions , jokes banter and more..

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13650 - 06/01/2012 17:15:57    1089697

Link