National Forum

Dublin v Kildare

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Hard luck Kildare I was impressed by their staying power and determination they will make life difficult for any team who doesn't show them the proper respect. Wasn't mad on Dubs starting 15 two many weak points but they did enough.

arock (Dublin) - Posts: 4896 - 16/07/2017 18:35:56    2017566

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Excellent from Dublin and well played Kildare"
Have to say Kildare did really well but they were up against an absolute fabulous Dub team - most teams will hate to be drawn against Kildare - they look really good.

IrishGael3 (USA) - Posts: 1092 - 16/07/2017 18:48:50    2017580

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "flynn awful this half. awful miss for the goal and silly shot selection."
Sad post singling out one player from one of the younger teams in the country who were playing one of the best teams. I presume Sir you have a pocket full of AI medals....or are they full of lemons considering the usual Meath bitterness. Best team won, great to go to a game and not have to listen to the bile and venom I endured the last day.

commander (Kildare) - Posts: 225 - 16/07/2017 18:49:13    2017581

Link

Replying To Htaem:  "You have to hand it Dublin, they are still class operators, they beat Kildare and done so quite easily despite RTE attempting to tell us otherwise. Speaking of which, nothing against Kildare or their management but the praise they were getting towards the end of the game was very patronizing, if Meath were in the same position I would have been furious.

The name of the game is winning, Dublin won by 9pts and it could have been a lot more, if Kildare are annoyed by this and strive to put it right then they're going places, if they treat this like a moral victory then they could be in trouble going forward."
agreed, if it was meath instead of kildare i would not be happy with that sort of praise.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 16/07/2017 18:54:36    2017591

Link

Replying To commander:  "Sad post singling out one player from one of the younger teams in the country who were playing one of the best teams. I presume Sir you have a pocket full of AI medals....or are they full of lemons considering the usual Meath bitterness. Best team won, great to go to a game and not have to listen to the bile and venom I endured the last day."
Haha the irony of that, sound quite bitter there yourself, but I suppose every county has an element of that sort. Ziggy expresses an opinion and your response is to brand a whole county as bitter = classy.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 16/07/2017 19:01:09    2017596

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "agreed, if it was meath instead of kildare i would not be happy with that sort of praise."
I think most level headed fans wouldn't enjoy/believe that sort of empty praise and to be fair to Kildare, I doubt they will. Now it certainly wasn't a disgrace of a performance from them, they tried hard but it was comfortable for Dublin in the end.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 16/07/2017 19:05:01    2017599

Link

Hard to see anyone but the Dubs win the all ireland this year. I think a combination of the league final defeat and Connolly's suspension have them very focused and determination not that it takes much to motivate these lads anyway.

The only way I can see them lose is if someone snares them in a semi final but Kerry are on the opposite side this year.

Hard luck to Kildare. I hope the bounce back from this and make a big impact on the all Ireland series.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2513 - 16/07/2017 19:05:24    2017600

Link

Congrats to the dubs, who are truly a marvelous team and to watch them in the flesh is breathtaking. Our boys did very well and we're certainly a coming team. No time for heads down, theres a place in the quarters up for grabs. Once again, well to the dubs and it was a very enjoyable game.
Some meath poster suggested that we're a slightly worse version of their 2013 team who only lost by 7, rubbish, we're a better side and I remember Dublin being terrible that day.

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1363 - 16/07/2017 19:05:55    2017601

Link

Replying To befair:  "Love the Dubs and their followers and the way they play football, but when Kildare are being lauded but coming within 9 ps it shows how unequal the contest has become. Time for junior, intermediate? It works well in club football and ladies football at both county + club level. Or Split Dublin into north/south/east/west? Imagine the intensity of the local derbies!!!!!"
It would be like this:

Leinster Senior:
Dublin

Leinster Intermediate:
Kildare

Leinster junior:
Everybody else

The problem isn't the other counties being too bad it's Dublin being too good. They should either have a bye to the final or better yet should play in a different province every year. It's not fair leinster as a championship is spoilt yearly.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - Posts: 2920 - 16/07/2017 19:06:54    2017602

Link

as for flynn. he is kildare's best player imo(him and feely),but feeley showed real leadership today. flynn in the 2nd half made some awful decisions,and the goal chance was a bad miss.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 16/07/2017 19:09:19    2017608

Link

Replying To Htaem:  "I think most level headed fans wouldn't enjoy/believe that sort of empty praise and to be fair to Kildare, I doubt they will. Now it certainly wasn't a disgrace of a performance from them, they tried hard but it was comfortable for Dublin in the end."
yeah would go along with that.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 16/07/2017 19:10:53    2017611

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "yeah would go along with that."
Is this some comments from Gavin?

This Kildare team have made a lot of progress over the last 18 months. They waltzed through Division 3 last year, got promoted to division 1 this year and destroyed Laois and Meath.

Dublin won as expected and did what all good teams do, went for the jugular earlier. This defeat will stand to Kildare on the long run if they keep the faith.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2513 - 16/07/2017 19:33:51    2017631

Link

Excellent from Dublin and well played Kildare

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 8592 - 16/07/2017 19:36:57    2017633

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "as usual kildare think they are better than they are. their all-ireland was against meath who were shocking on the day."

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1700 - 16/07/2017 19:52:21    2017641

Link

Replying To Jack_Goff:  "It would be like this:

Leinster Senior:
Dublin

Leinster Intermediate:
Kildare

Leinster junior:
Everybody else

The problem isn't the other counties being too bad it's Dublin being too good. They should either have a bye to the final or better yet should play in a different province every year. It's not fair leinster as a championship is spoilt yearly."
Or leave Dublin alone and move everyone else around the provinces?

Dubsfan28 (Dublin) - Posts: 2509 - 16/07/2017 19:52:25    2017642

Link

Exceptional performance from Dublin. Felt Kildare showed lots of potential but it's so hard to build confidence playing in Croke Park against Dublin. It's incredibly demoralising. The other Leinster counties haven't given up before they step on to the Croke Park turf to play Dublin.

I watched the interview with Con O'Callaghan afterwards and it saddened me. His first Leinster final, played unbelievable and he could barely raise a smile. There was no joy in it for him. The kid should be over the moon and going out to celebrate but he looked like he was at a funeral. I dunno what else to say. A lot of work needs to be done to correct Leinster and undo operation Blue Wave.

HighKings (Meath) - Posts: 271 - 16/07/2017 19:58:58    2017645

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "as usual kildare think they are better than they are. their all-ireland was against meath who were shocking on the day."
We're a lot better than we were 12 months ago and still improving. Beating Meath is no longer a highlight either, this group of lads are eager to push on. Get over it Ziggy, we beat you in the league by 10 and you had similiar excuses. We beat you in the championship and Meath were bad on the day. Time to admit that Kildare are progressing and are believe it or not a decent team.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1700 - 16/07/2017 19:59:01    2017646

Link

Replying To Killarney.87:  "Is this some comments from Gavin?

This Kildare team have made a lot of progress over the last 18 months. They waltzed through Division 3 last year, got promoted to division 1 this year and destroyed Laois and Meath.

Dublin won as expected and did what all good teams do, went for the jugular earlier. This defeat will stand to Kildare on the long run if they keep the faith."
Agree, they certainly went for it today and it will stand to them. Nit many teams will score 1.17 against Dublin and we missed a lot too. Great atmosphere in Croker for a change and hopefully we'll get a chance to get back there.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1700 - 16/07/2017 20:04:07    2017647

Link

Replying To HighKings:  "Exceptional performance from Dublin. Felt Kildare showed lots of potential but it's so hard to build confidence playing in Croke Park against Dublin. It's incredibly demoralising. The other Leinster counties haven't given up before they step on to the Croke Park turf to play Dublin.

I watched the interview with Con O'Callaghan afterwards and it saddened me. His first Leinster final, played unbelievable and he could barely raise a smile. There was no joy in it for him. The kid should be over the moon and going out to celebrate but he looked like he was at a funeral. I dunno what else to say. A lot of work needs to be done to correct Leinster and undo operation Blue Wave."
Is wasn't that he wasn't delighted it was just a reflection on the levelheadedness that Gavin has instills in ALL his players, believe me, hes a happy young man!

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 8592 - 16/07/2017 20:05:53    2017649

Link

A good Dublin win as expected. However I was impressed with the Kildare. They could easily have thrown in the towel after the awful start they had, conceding the two goals so early but, to their credit, they didn't. With more experience and increasing confidence and belief in their own ability, they have the potential to become a really top class team. Feely, the outstanding midfielder on the day, is a great talent and was unlucky to be black carded. I hope they go on to deliver on their potential.
Dublin, as you would expect, oozed confidence and self-belief. Rock's black card proved beneficial to them as Brogan showed real leadership when Dublin began to struggle somewhat after the early scores.

neverright (Roscommon) - Posts: 1648 - 16/07/2017 20:07:16    2017651

Link