National Forum

Who is most likely to beat the Dubs 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Galway and kerry.

fireinthebelly (Galway) - Posts: 89 - 07/05/2017 18:34:04    1985002

Link

Hmm

Mayo will be happy with the lack of hype

Think Mayo will have a big say once again this year!

Even if Connacht doesn't work out, a trip through the back door could be the making of them

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20600 - 07/05/2017 20:07:14    1985029

Link

Kerry and maybe Tyrone, if they can blood a couple of new players.
Mayo, no chance.

Glensboy (Antrim) - Posts: 287 - 07/05/2017 20:18:45    1985036

Link

Replying To Glensboy:  "Kerry and maybe Tyrone, if they can blood a couple of new players.
Mayo, no chance."
Mayo might not win an all Ireland but they have every chance of beating Dublin which was the question posed. In fact there are a number of teams capable of beating Dublin, Kerry , Tyrone or Mayo would be the front runners to do so, and possibly Monaghan or Donegal in a one off game could also get the better of them, but whether anyone outside of Kerry and Dublin can put together 3 performances in a row, which is what is needed to win Sam, is the big question.

AHP (Dublin) - Posts: 323 - 07/05/2017 21:04:31    1985049

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Hmm

Mayo will be happy with the lack of hype

Think Mayo will have a big say once again this year!

Even if Connacht doesn't work out, a trip through the back door could be the making of them"
Back door last year was the making of them soft enough run to ai final
This year I'd say Rochford wud want to win connacht and I'd say they will 2 tbh

rossy15 (Roscommon) - Posts: 617 - 07/05/2017 21:35:37    1985062

Link

Replying To fireinthebelly:  "Galway and kerry."
Is that the hurling your on about?

Spoddgy (Mayo) - Posts: 660 - 07/05/2017 21:37:39    1985063

Link

Replying To OLLIE:  "Royaldunne wee shall take one game at a time. Two weeks today Louth takes on Wicklow. The Sunday game theme is just around the corner. Louth have a great record against Wicklow. In the eighteen championship matches Louth have only lost three times to the Garden County. Roll on two weeks. An Lu Abu."
I love it always with the wee in your posts instead of we great stuff remember yee have the same population as Mayo anything is possible ;)

Spoddgy (Mayo) - Posts: 660 - 07/05/2017 21:42:37    1985064

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "You could argue that they weren't particularly brilliant in 2016 or 2015 either, but it was still good enough. Definitely get where you are coming from though. In some ways they are where Kerry were in 2011, with some of their greatest ever players coming to the end. Dublin are far better equipped to deal with it now than we were at that time though, with the squad they have and so much U21 success in recent years.

I would imagine that Gavin will be freshening up the forwards and midfield this year with the likes of Flynn, McCauley, Brogan and mcnanamon all dropping out. I can't see them winning another All Ireland with those four starting. That should negate any complacency, but whether their replacements are good enough is another thing. We can talk about squad depth all day but the only way to find out if the fringe players are up to it at the top level is to play them in meaningful matches. Costello and Mannion and others are great off the bench against tired defences but starting is another matter. Time will tell.

There is certainly some hope for the rest of us in 2017."
Dubs are just too good who in their right mind could possibly think they could beat them. Dubs are in a country of their own apparently.

hurlin101 (Wexford) - Posts: 104 - 08/05/2017 00:11:35    1985081

Link

Replying To Spoddgy:  "I love it always with the wee in your posts instead of we great stuff remember yee have the same population as Mayo anything is possible ;)"
Wee are the smallest county in Ireland hence the nickname the Wee County. The difference between Louth and Mayo is Mayo is a mad GAA County. Louth has the two biggest's towns in Ireland with Drogheda and Dundalk which are mad soccer towns. Ironically after Dublin, Louth is the most densely populated county in Ireland. Anyway up the Wee County!

OLLIE (Louth) - Posts: 12224 - 08/05/2017 11:11:08    1985153

Link

I dont get this meath optimism. Last time you played dublin you lost by about 15 points and since then.you've lost your two best players of that year in bray and kev reilly. Im all for a competitive leinster but i cant see meath putting it up anytime soon.

11jm11 (Kildare) - Posts: 365 - 09/05/2017 22:26:30    1985560

Link

Nobody in Leinster will for sure. I see Diarmuid Connolly is 1 black card away from a suspension. It seems that an accumulation of red/yellow/black cards ends up in a 1 match ban. It seems Connolly is 1 black card away from a 1 match ban, then it all gets wiped clean.
In the game v Carlow/Wexford once the dubs have it easily won, just watch Connolly pick up an easy black/yellow. Will only miss a semi final v Offaly/Westmeath so be fine then for Meath/Kildare final and so on.

The Real 1944 (Carlow) - Posts: 1114 - 10/05/2017 01:21:39    1985583

Link

Replying To 11jm11:  "I dont get this meath optimism. Last time you played dublin you lost by about 15 points and since then.you've lost your two best players of that year in bray and kev reilly. Im all for a competitive leinster but i cant see meath putting it up anytime soon."
I wouldn't say there's an overall feeling of optimism in Meath at the minute, the majority of Meath fans I speak to certainly don't see us beating Dublin this year (that's if we even play them, Kildare are more favoured to meet the Dubs). But we have a new manager, who's a completely different character to the previous manager and it's nice to see him in fighting form, and sure look it optimism will beat pessimism every day of the week.

Ps, I don't like being overly picky on details but last time we played Dublin was last year, we lost by 10pts (which is not good) and both S Bray and K Reilly were both already retired.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 10/05/2017 09:08:36    1985592

Link

so who are they playing ? probably this lot:
leinster Qtr final - Wexford
Leinster semi-final -Westmeath
leinster final - Kildare
Qtr-fnal - Galway
Semi-final - Donegal
Final - Kerry
Their first real test will be the all-Ireland semi.
and of course Kerry in the final. I can't see any team bar Kerry putting it up to them.

s goldrick (Cavan) - Posts: 5518 - 10/05/2017 15:01:29    1985705

Link

Replying To s goldrick:  "so who are they playing ? probably this lot:
leinster Qtr final - Wexford
Leinster semi-final -Westmeath
leinster final - Kildare
Qtr-fnal - Galway
Semi-final - Donegal
Final - Kerry
Their first real test will be the all-Ireland semi.
and of course Kerry in the final. I can't see any team bar Kerry putting it up to them."
dont write us off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have a plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hic hic hic

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 2842 - 10/05/2017 15:12:00    1985712

Link

This was posted as a new thread but as the subject is similar it has been incorporated here.

Liamwalkinstown
Dublin

10/05/2017
12:30

Can Meath beat the Dubs 2017?

Bit of big talk coming out of our noisey neighbours already this summer. Few lads on here from Me**h giving it the big one aswell about their chances in Leinster this summer.

So, what say ye folks. Are Me**h in a good place this summer.

Can they/will they put up a real challenge this year to the Dubs?

Poor misfortunes......

Administrator (None) - Posts: 2274 - 10/05/2017 15:13:16    1985715

Link

Ah that thread had a bit of potential, pity that.

Htaem (Meath) - Posts: 8657 - 10/05/2017 16:37:22    1985736

Link

Replying To Htaem:  "I wouldn't say there's an overall feeling of optimism in Meath at the minute, the majority of Meath fans I speak to certainly don't see us beating Dublin this year (that's if we even play them, Kildare are more favoured to meet the Dubs). But we have a new manager, who's a completely different character to the previous manager and it's nice to see him in fighting form, and sure look it optimism will beat pessimism every day of the week.

Ps, I don't like being overly picky on details but last time we played Dublin was last year, we lost by 10pts (which is not good) and both S Bray and K Reilly were both already retired."
Sorry was referring to last leinster final, 2014

11jm11 (Kildare) - Posts: 365 - 10/05/2017 21:52:55    1985831

Link

Replying To Administrator:  "This was posted as a new thread but as the subject is similar it has been incorporated here.

Liamwalkinstown
Dublin

10/05/2017

Bit of big talk coming out of our noisey neighbours already this summer. Few lads on here from Me**h giving it the big one aswell about their chances in Leinster this summer.

Poor misfortunes......"
Not similar at all. One specifically asking if Meath can beat Dublin. Another asking who can beat Dublin in this years championship.

GreenandRed (Mayo) - Posts: 7345 - 10/05/2017 22:03:25    1985836

Link

Replying To Administrator:  "This was posted as a new thread but as the subject is similar it has been incorporated here.

Liamwalkinstown
Dublin

10/05/2017

Poor misfortunes......"
Andy mcentee thoughts.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=270054

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 11/05/2017 09:14:20    1985880

Link

Replying To GreenandRed:  "

Liamwalkinstown
Dublin

10/05/2017

Poor misfortunes......"
Not similar at all. One specifically asking if Meath can beat Dublin. Another asking who can beat Dublin in this years championship."
Totally agree. Next thing we will have people saying Meath supporters are taking over a thread. Two totally different topics.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 11/05/2017 09:16:20    1985881

Link