
Patrick O’Connor says Clare’s fresh faces proved their mettle in Sunday’s battling draw with Kilkenny.
The Banner County are unbeaten so far in the national hurling league and have secured their passage to the knockout stage of the competition. Defensive stalwart O’Connor feels some of the newer additions to Brian Lohan’s squad showed what they are made of at the weekend:
“The league is all about seeing what guys are made of and no better place to test lads, no better scenario,” he told The Irish Independent.
“I think we were four down, so to see what was in lads - we know it's in the likes of Tony Kelly and David McInerney. Then you see Liam Corry thundering in, Aidan McCarthy and newer faces, that is what it is about.
“Regardless of the points, they'll be long forgotten. But a few of the plays will live in the memory going home.”
Tweet