National Forum

Popular Posts from browncows

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

GAA Athletes For A NO Vote - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "I will be destroyed for this but......
Mickey Harte has no business even commenting on this issue as it has nothing to do with him. He is not resident in the ROI. This referendum is for ROI not Ireland as a whole."
He has as much business / entitlement. I would lie to remind to that there is 32 counties in our little country.

browncows (National) - 23/04/2018 13:08:58

GAA Clubs Had It Tough In The North During The Troubles - 7 Like(s)

Replying To PaudieSull1:  "Maybe you should have experienced what many clubs did up here bloodyban and see are you so blasé......Sean fox a man in his 70s tortured for several hours in his own home just because he was a member of St Endas, Sean Brown murdered locking the gates of Bellaghy, the numerous GAA clubs burned to the ground or having their grounds/clubrooms damagrd often with the connivance of the local UDR etc.....those are uncomfortable facts, thankfully we have moved beyond those days in many ways but don't try belittle what people went through as it's insulting and ignorant"
You are correct and of course we all live in the present and should move on and live in peace with all our neighbours. However, we should all be aware of our recent past and what went as normal everyday life when you had a state involved in murders. Some guys posting here appear to be happy to forget where they came from.

browncows (National) - 29/01/2019 11:45:29

Tactics if Meath play Dublin next year? - 7 Like(s)

Replying To southmeathgael:  "Ah will ya give over......its not negativety.....its simply being honest with ourselves and stating things factually.....we are so far behind Dublin it's scary and I can say now in my opinion no matter how the league goes or what players we have we aren't Getting within 8 points of them. Believe you me that sickens nobody more then myself but it's just the reality of it now.....and to suggest that fans showing blind faith and possitivity on a forum is somehow going to change the outcome is make believe stuff altogether."
I agree with you and saying it as you see it is not being pessimistic. Sometimes you have to be able to assess accurately where you are before you start on a successful journey. Some folk write off the O'Byrne cup and say that it is nothing yet interesting enough JIm Gavin (the stand out manager of our time) has quoted it in his success this year. It was won for the first time in 10 years over 1 year ago - winning any competition is good and the Dubs won it last year with a second string. The problem inside the county at present is that you could put out another team, as good as the present one -but it would be no more successful. It is very difficult for players to commit knowing that in the next year or two you are not going to beat the Dubs- the standout team of our time. Now over time I see the team improving (I hope) and I see the Dubs falling from the high level that they are now at-when the decline comes is difficult to predict and I do not go along with this notion of money bringing success. You need the players, you need the commitment and you need the prospect of success. Some posters say it is all about the league- when did the league become more important than the championship? You start where you are and win as many matches as you can going forward-build confidence. I wish everyone involved the very best going forward and just hope that the fools of supporters stay at home- the ones who shout abuse from the stands/side lines when things go wrong on the field of play.

browncows (Meath) - 21/10/2017 12:31:31

Meath V Cork - 7 Like(s)
Unfortunately there are a number of deluded supporters who post (some with great regularity) who think everything they say is important and what is posted makes a difference. I also expect that players or indeed management do not read these sites. Some of the guys who are now complaining were complaining about the last manager (forked tongue I would suggest). I wish all players and management past and present the very best.

browncows (Meath) - 28/02/2018 14:19:21

Donegal V Meath - 6 Like(s)

Replying To Rockies:  "It's 2019 not 1969. No problem . Up the M1..exit by Arden ..,aim for Omagh and then into the promised land."
No tractors on Sunday-sabbath observed, the keep the tractors locked up!. The best way going from Kells /Navan is up the N3, go on Cavanbypass and continue on main Rd where by Belturbet is bypassed (very good road from Cavan to the Fermanagh border). Go thu Teemore/ Derrylin and into Enniskillen, head out towards Brewster park and go Irvinstown Rd where you turn left and head to Kesh and then to Pettigo. You then head over the mountain into Old Laghy. Go to Donegal town bypass and then thru the Barnsmore Gap to Ballyboyey- have a pleasant journey as a good day is forecast. This is the route most Donegal folk take to Donegal town and would not normally be busy on Sundays.

browncows (National) - 10/07/2019 13:22:33

Expectations for league? - 6 Like(s)
Meathgaa5 (Meath)- Yes and we could stick Royaldunne in midfield beside him and give him a roaming job -he could link up with Biggy for a chat!

browncows (Meath) - 29/01/2017 12:45:25

Meath v Donegal - 6 Like(s)
ROYALOPTIMIST (Meath) -Your second post was one of the better balanced contributions to this tread/board in a very long time. You dealt with specific points and without any offending/negative remarks about past or present teams/management.

browncows (Meath) - 05/07/2017 13:35:42

2019 Predictions? - 6 Like(s)
royaldunne-You may be an excellent supporter but your predictions are unfortunately almost 100% incorrect. I do not do bashing. I support the present management just like the last ones and wish them the best in a difficult job. You cannot hide from the facts that the team is no better than it was 3 years ago (maybe not as good), so all this nonsense about we are fitter, more determined is just plain nonsense and you need to waken up to those facts. You will only know whether the team is stronger this year than last year at the end of the league (they had to beat Louth to stay in Div 2 in 2018) but I have seen nothing yet to agree with your optimistic predictions (hope I am completely wrong though). I conclude in saying that I wish all involved the best of luck going forward and it takes excellent commitment to be involved in county football. I do agree with you in that players do need to realise that they always have a good chance of winning.

browncows (Meath) - 04/01/2019 00:57:44

GAA Should Campaign For A United Ireland. - 6 Like(s)

Replying To GreenandRed:  "If it wasn't for the Troika we'd be a third world country."
Complete nonsense_The German banks / bond holders (and the French plus others) lent the money to business via our banks which were not able to give it back-they should have paid for the price of their losses, as that is how financial markets is supposed to operate. The bondholders could have insured for losses but because of greed the opted for higher interest rates with no insurance. We tax payers were taken to the cleaners and had / have to pay for the lot. If we did not pay a few German banks would have gone down unless supported by their own government. To make matters worse we then proceeded to sell our property to more bondholders for 10 to 20% of its value-could the process have been carried out more incompetently?- I think not.

browncows (National) - 22/03/2019 12:35:13

Laois Football's Big Handicap - 6 Like(s)

Replying To Onion Breath:  "As a matter of fact graiguecullen is not in Leix but no point in arguing that one with you given that from the start of this you've had the blinkers on. But, whether it's in county Carlow or county Leix it's very much in Carlow town and it's not as if Graigecullen only poach their players from their side of town either. You're right all counties have players with parents from bordering counties but in the case of Leix the attitude is if he's any good and one parent is from Leix then at all costs he must play for Leix. Worse than the FAI chasing English born youngsters. Anyway, where'd you get this notion Portlaoise has a population of 30,000? And you say the only town with a big population with just one club? Just staying in Leinster alone, I can think of Navan and Bray who are far bigger but have one club, while Naas, Balbriggan, Greystones and Celbridge would be the same size as Portlaoise and also have just one club. Never thought of them did you?"
Not sure about your facts-Navan has teams which have won the last four senior championships (Navan O'Mahonys and Simonstown Gaels). Another team Bective which is intermediate is in the Navan parish so that is 3 teams in Navan. Johnstown which is termed Navan has a population of 6 to 7 thousand but in the Walterstown parish. Navan without Johnstown would have a population of 23 thousand close to the population of Portlaoise at 22 thousand odd. Crossmaglen would have a population of approx. 1500 - 1/15 the population of Portlaoise.

browncows (National) - 01/10/2018 20:38:07

No Navan club players on the team? - 6 Like(s)
royaldunne quote: 'F the clubs, the vast majority in Meath are crap anyway as has been seen in Leinster since Dunboyne won it', Pretty dum sentence in your post even by your standards. What were you smoking at the match-it appears to not have worn off yet-or was it a contaminated snackbox!!

browncows (Meath) - 07/06/2017 13:46:54

GAA Should Campaign For A United Ireland. - 6 Like(s)
Cavan_Shambles (Cavan)- You say 'the south has moved on in many ways'- does that include all the people being put out of their homes and the closing down of rural Ireland.

browncows (National) - 13/03/2019 17:05:38

Meath V Cork - 6 Like(s)
Furlong1949 (Meath)- I wish a speedy recovery to your parent and hope all goes well into the future for you. We all give our opinions about football and sometimes we make comments to give a bit of a rise. However, there are much more important things in life with the health and welfare of those close to us the most significant.

browncows (Meath) - 22/03/2018 19:31:25

Galway Vs Dublin - 6 Like(s)
Anyone who knows a little about football know that Dublin have a great side with all their players very athletic, good footballers, with a very high work rate who play as a team. All their panel can compete at the highest level. Can they get beaten? Of course they can but when and by who is any ones guess. You will not beat then by giving them free kick outs. Up to this year Mayo were the only one who could compete with them. You would have a very competitive AI if we could convince the Dubs to stay at home!!. This talk about neutral venues is rubbish- you can only win AI'S in CP where the best players want to be.

browncows (National) - 12/08/2018 11:29:55

Meath v Donegal - 5 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Think you posted that on wrong thread. Look mod put Meath football back years. It will take a real manager at least 3 years to sort out the mess."
If you read my post you would be able to understand that I am not criticising the manger present or past, unlike yourself who appears to be obsessed re same. As I have said frequently, I would never criticise a player or indeed any manager/management, as they all give up considerable time to progress the team performance.

browncows (Meath) - 23/07/2017 17:57:46

Andy McEntee - a fresh start - 5 Like(s)

Replying To bert09:  "A prophet is never recognised in his home county"
We do not need prophets as we have enough of those. Oldsam_newsan is correct. And may I add that it is a windup. The Chairman is elected by the clubs and his position is in no doubt irrespective of what is posted here or anywhere else and no football manager will have any say on that issue thankfully.

browncows (Meath) - 31/07/2016 20:35:02

Monaghan Team With No Pitch - 5 Like(s)

Replying To gotmilk:  "Without going off topic here it's important to realise what caused this. Mining....yet right wing governments across the globe are quite happy to allow these companies in and do what they wish under the ground. They aren't regulated in the slightest. If you want to help Magheracloone and other Gaa clubs and even your locality in the future and prevent things like this happening do not vote for FF or FG. These lads see the dollar signs when these companies coming in,they don't see the dangers to communities."
Stick to the football as your knowledge of mining is pretty weak I assume you live in a house and if you do I suspect that it is plastered with gypsum. Do you have a car? and if you do, you should understand that there is metal in it. I also assume you own a mobile phone!! Most metals have to be mined unless the ones that are recycled from scrap and most everyday items we use contain elements/ metals which are mined. I expect Magheracloone will hopefully end up with a couple of high quality pitches.

browncows (National) - 28/09/2018 17:27:00

Have Meath improved in 2017? - 5 Like(s)

Replying To ziggy32001:  "well any players that i talked to don't like the current champ structure,the rest fine,but not the champ structure."
I would like to see every player given the opportunity in playing in senior championship, which would mean combinations of intermediate / junior teams.

browncows (Meath) - 03/08/2017 18:29:02

Croke Park Stewards - 5 Like(s)
GreenandRed (Mayo) -It depends what your meaning of professional is-sure they get paid! but a little bit of good manners would do most of them no harm and some of them behave as they would need to be managed.

browncows (National) - 01/04/2019 17:56:14

Meath 2018 - 5 Like(s)
On a much more important topic I wish Sean Cox of Dunboyne GAA a speedy recovery from that horrible random attack in Liverpool. I wish all the best to him and his family at this time.

browncows (Meath) - 26/04/2018 17:13:20