National Forum

Popular Posts from Damothedub

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Come Back Mayo All Is Forgiven - 9 Like(s)
Said in jest meant in earnest , interesting I've heard more postitives about Mayo in last couple of days than when they were actually playing, I'm reminded of the lad who's injured and every time his team loses his stock goes threw the roof , of course I'm writing prior to the final but I have to say none of the teams looking to dethrone Dublin are within an arses roar of Mayo at there best , they were monster unlucky with injuries this year and truth be told in need of a rest , the championship needs them to comeback in 2019 regardless of who's champions , championship needs quality and only a fool would argue Mayo in full flow don't have it

Damothedub (National) - 13/08/2018 18:37:55

Total Indifference! - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Ulsterman:  "Outside of Dublin and Mayo I don't think I have ever encountered as much apathy, indifference and disinterest at an All Ireland final as this one. I was talking to a few Meath fellas in Scotland at the weekend and they had the same attitude. Shrugged their shoulders and said "the game is dying on it's proverbial in Leinster. Dublin this year, Dublin next year and Dublin for the next 10 years"."
If you had come across the opposite would you have started a post on it ??? I somehow doubt it with your track record. I watched every final regardless of who's been in them for the last 44 years , I watch the hurling which my county are never in , and I will watch the minor final on Sunday , you see your either a whinger or a fan , with the likes of you we will never win because if we win the Nostradamus of the North will be on with his customary we'll done to be followed with endlessl posts of what he really thinks , and if we lose you will probably slate us for being overrated and gym monkeys , you see sooner or later you become predictable which my boy you really are

Damothedub (National) - 12/09/2017 22:16:58

Joe Canning - not fit to lace Shefflin's boots - 8 Like(s)
Horrible thread ,the title says it all , not fit to lace someone's boots,!!!

Damothedub (National) - 05/07/2016 14:02:49

Who Can Challenge Dublin In 2019 - 8 Like(s)

Replying To legendzxix:  "Can you just winter well?!"
Not a problem , if you guys can give up telling porkies on sports science , underage development and what's been done by all counties, I've been told I shouldn't go on about my son playing in development squads , yet he's one of these guys that is supposed to be getting super dietary advice and free meals , superior sports science training and in latest post potentialy paid so he or players like him don't go to Aussie , so let me ask you bearing in mind I have first hand experience when I read lies I should just sit and say nothing , I have no issue with the GAA looking at funding and redirecting funds if it's felt for the better of the game they are best served elsewhere, I am happy to play as many games away from Croke Park , but I won't sit winter or summer and have lies told by fellas who have a smidge of knowledge but pass themselves off as experts, if I asked what FMS is and how many disciplines there are to it how many could answer before reaching for google

Damothedub (National) - 04/09/2018 22:44:30

All Ireland Final 18 - Dublin V Tyrone - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Cavan_Shambles:  "Dublin by 5. The four in a row is inevitable, and it won't stop there. Until the GAA addresses the farcical financial imbalance we're going to see this unfair Dublin dominance continue. Thankfully fans are starting to vote with their feet as evidenced by the paltry semi-final attendances. The message to the GAA is simple, sort out the Dublin debacle."
care to answer Dublin's performance in recent years at under age ? If money brings success I'm dying to hear your expert analysis on underage lack of success, or do you read in here catch the sound bites you like and regurgitate them as your own. Money has won nothing basic skills superior coaching from Gavin a volunteer, you could show some respect and recognize it , or go for lazy cliche posts. The reason i probably prefer hurling at the moment is posters like you don't exist in that code , best team tends to win and get recognized for it , and don't have to listen to the crap you come out with some how trying to tarnish achievements

Damothedub (National) - 12/08/2018 18:09:01

Hurling Gets All The Plaudits But Is It Played Within The Rules? - 6 Like(s)

Replying To mayomanic:  "As we look forward to 2019 all the talk is centered on the football code and the recent rule changes. as always we'll have a mixture of good and bad, the good possibly being the offensive mark and limiting the hand pass with the bad having to go forward from a line ball and the sin bin (I just hate the sin bin in any sport including Rugby) it just leads to a lull in the game where most viewers are just hoping it ends without influencing the result of the game too much and without VAR it's a cop out for refs and it'll lead to much debate. Hurling on the other hand gets all the plaudits but is the game played within the rules? I don't think so. Its common place now for players to take 7,8,9 steps in most situations, throwing the ball is now accepted by all refs, anything goes in the tackle and something needs to be done regarding the scoring zone. Why anyone would wish to play in the full back or full forward lines in hurling is beyond me as the ball just keeps going over their heads. Its not a skill any more to hit a ball from sixty, seventy yards over the crossbar and its ruining the game. where would the great inside forwards such as Nicky English, pat fox, jb murphy, noel lane, eddie brennan, tony doran, tomas mulcahy, joe deane etc fit in to the modern game today? and finally aside from croke park and maybe semple the smaller provincial pitches are not suitable for inter county hurling today. when you pare it back and take away the crazy tackling (UFC with sticks) the overzealous and often embarrassing punditry of the likes of tommy walsh, micheal duighan and john mullane it's not what it's made out to be."
Congrats for living up to my life long belief that even the village idiot is entitled to his opinion, your comment is not worthy of debate

Damothedub (National) - 28/11/2018 20:05:33

Connelly/Holmes - 6 Like(s)

Replying To alano12:  "the incident happened over a year ago yet they choose to launch an attack on the players now after a tough loss?...not exactly the bravest of times to do things nor the most credible...it was petty and doesnt do mayo any good in my opinion"
Tell me when youd have thought it a good time for them to defend their reputations , I suspect you don't have one , if they said it straight after they left , sour grapes , if they said it mid summer theyd have been accused of looking for maximum impact to cause disruption , so go on then tell me when was the "right time " ?????????????????

Damothedub (National) - 21/12/2016 12:42:12

Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh - 6 Like(s)
Feel it's appropriate that a thread is put up to honor a great man , regardless of county boards and expensive tables MOM is a great man , I've been privileged to be in his company and his love of the game is genuine his knowledge unique, I'd hate for him to be remembered for the thread that's gone before , I remember the great Michael O Hair and all I can say about our generations great is that that he followed the great one and some , I have so much respect for O Muircheartaigh it's important to remember and post that there are good GAA men in Kerry.

Damothedub (National) - 20/01/2018 17:54:37

Shane Ryan Interview - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TheMaster:  "But as I said, nobody was claiming that they couldn't do it wayno (they do it regularly enough in the league after all), the point is that they don't have to play away from home while everyone else does. Like it doesn't seem to occur to him that laois are still playing away from home in this fixture, even though it is supposed to be at home... You really wonder about the mindset involved where someone would think that this would appease a single person, let alone shut anyone up, be that shane ryan or anyone else. Damo, you mean comment on poor decisions in the gaa? Do you not do that yourself? Maybe talk about the subject matter instead of crying foul all the time. If Im being unfair on the subject then it shouldn't be an issue for you to highlight that. By all means, do so."
I was referring to you going on and on and on and on and on and on and on , Everyone and I mean everyone knows were you stand on the Dubs on advantages , I mean how on earth could they not know what alternative Hoganstand planet could they be living on for them not to know were you stand , the problem is you have done this to death a million times .Dressing the pig up in a blanket giving it lipstick doesn't make it a bird.

Damothedub (National) - 02/06/2016 13:12:14

Ulster Team Allege Sectarian Abuse. - 5 Like(s)
If comments were made it's not about you or I and if we found them offensive, it's the ears of the 14 year old on the other end of the comment should be the judge of that. I've been around feiles for quite a few years and visited other counties never came across anything like this remotely I'd question does it in the week of a World Cup and US Open warrant top headline yesterday on the Irish Indo , they do love a bit of GAA negativity

Damothedub (National) - 15/06/2018 11:05:04

Dubs out of Abbottstown - 5 Like(s)

Replying To curnew:  "Now Dubs took their dumb bells out of Abbottstown - I wonder where and what will Croke Park build for them now ?"
Wicklow out of Ireland , give the refs a bit of a rest

Damothedub (National) - 12/01/2018 17:09:08

Meath U17s - 5 Like(s)
Congrats lads no doubt best under 17 team in Leinster , get behind your lads this competition has not gotten the coverage or respect it deserves well done

Damothedub (Meath) - 22/07/2017 16:20:20

Galway Vs Dublin - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Ulsterman:  "Marty Morrissey joining the erotic Dublin love in party as well."
At least we know you will hold back , Jesus this must be killing you

Damothedub (National) - 11/08/2018 18:54:44

Is Leinster Football Dead And Buried? - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Ulsterman:  "In the land of the Leinster blind football Championship the one Dublin team is king. Dead? It's embalmed, cremated and buried."
Donegal v Down was far more competitive, oh hold on a second

Damothedub (National) - 10/06/2018 21:39:42

Galway Vs Dublin - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Ulsterman:  "Do the Dublin players and management EVER smile or look as if they are enjoying winning? Definitely a cold, unemotional, mechanical, manufactured, robotic look about them. They have the Nick Faldo exterior about them. This is why most GAA folk can't and don't warm to them."
So did you you like us better with blonde peroxide hair playing to the hill when we were losing , Dubs know they are on a hidding to nothing and you would never warm to us , Yes I will agree in public we are cold ruthlessly and we slice and dice , but having been in their company these lads are over the moon tonight , as am I , look forward to your many positive posts over next few weeks

Damothedub (National) - 11/08/2018 19:10:44

Connelly/Holmes - 5 Like(s)

Replying To alano12:  "this article has given many the opportunity to stick the boot into this mayo team more than anything else"
Rubbish , Ive had a look back at posts that's not what I see , you have an the ends justify the means attitude and that's not my take on it for one bit , you have completely missed that a mans reputation may actually mean something to him , natural justice dictates a mans right to face his accuser , up until now what we have known about the whole sorry saga has been drip fed from the players ,people who love GAA don't enjoy this in ANY county , I hated the Cork Galway and Limericks sagas previously and don't enjoy this one, but if it was me and some thought it was alight to steamroll my name , you bet Id fight back , the response from H/C has been measured had this come out last june / july Id buy that they were only motivated by revenge , but December give a rest .

Damothedub (National) - 20/12/2016 13:30:35

Shane Ryan Interview - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TheMaster:  "Just reading that piece with Shane Ryan on the website. He makes some strange observations that, to me, show he doesn't really understand the argument he is arguing against. For starters, nobody ever stated Dublin cant travel - they said they always get to play at home. They are two very different points. Then he states that this game will 'shut people up'. So a supposed home game for laois getting played at a neutral venue is supposed to shut people up about unfairness? Of course it doesn't. The fact that people think that this represents fairness is even more worrying to be honest. If the roles were reversed, and Dublin had a designated home game against Kerry which was played in cork, would that be fair? Of course not. (His arguments about the resources of Kerry and Kilkenny, and 'you weren't complaining until we were winning' have long been debunked, so no point going into them again)"
funny ,it hasn't stopped you repeating yourself for years

Damothedub (National) - 02/06/2016 11:17:57

Who Can Challenge Dublin In 2019 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Ye have won 4 U21s since 2010 and a minor title is this not constituted as underage success Damo? Ye have won a league title and a Leinster in hurling, considering the low eb from where ye started when ye used to be battling with ourselves look how far ye have come, again is this not success? Ye are only getting started, murcan sculls and Howard were on 7 when the funding started. Ye have only just begun."
Your clutching at straws , beaten by Kildare Meath and Laois at under age this year , beat off the park by Galway , hockeyed by Cavan in the Gerry Reilly trophy,beaten in tony forestall , Sony Williams and Ara Bhan tournaments this year, do you want me to go on ??? I have been to more development games in last five years in both codes than you've been to watch your seniors , now I noticed conveniently you haven't addressed your or Galways success at under age

Damothedub (National) - 04/09/2018 13:29:03

Dunphy on the Dubs - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Cockney_Cat:  "FFS stop, I'm wiping my eyes. They should all be given halos"
Sort of answer one would expect with cock the first part of their name

Damothedub (National) - 23/09/2017 23:32:17

Davy Fitz - 4 Like(s)
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0720/803646-clare-davy-fitzgerald/ Get well soon you mad thing

Damothedub (National) - 20/07/2016 13:39:58