National Forum

Popular Posts from TheFlaker

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Attention Posters - 14 Like(s)
Lads just a little post here hoping for some of you to listen. The amount of nonsense posted on here is getting worse from week to week. Post match here we are with loads of separate threads debating multiple aspects of the game. And half of the posts are absolute pants. What an absolutely brilliant game of football today from 2 outstanding teams. It's heartbreaking looking back wondering how we didn't get the job done. So many ifs and buts but the fact is is we were dead on our feet in injury time and we didn't have anyone left on the bench to make the difference. That 3 point swing when we went one up was the killer. The Vaughan red card was a killer. O Gara should have been red carded but wasn't spotted. So many ifs and buts but when all is said and done that bit of class got Dublin over the line and it is what it is. People blaming the red should stop, there were soft frees on both sides, the couple of frees for Dublin before half time were a killer but these things happen. I couldn't imagine what it would be like trying to ref that game. Andy Moran is player of the year no doubt and Barrett should be MOTM today in my opinion. These Mayo lads have given all they can but just weren't quite good enough. Life goes on. Nobody died. Credit to both teams and I would love for their posters on here to up their game a little going forward instead of the biased nonsense we have to read week in week out.

TheFlaker (National) - 17/09/2017 22:25:08

Mayo/Dublin Fans on Sunday - Hoganstand Bogeymen - 11 Like(s)

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Very hard to have a thread on this without running the risk of being accused of speaking out both sides of the gob etc etc, but, feck it. I get enough of it here anyways!! Met a lot of Mayo fans Sunday post match. Was in Madigans on Abbey St mostly. To a man and woman, as sound as you could meet. I dunno was I expecting bogeymen or something, i think i was expecting some of them to be bitter, hate filled ol sour wine gums. Cant imagine why I thought that mind.................!! Anyway, I dunno if any of the HS Mayo crew were in Madigans, I assume not, but lads, we had great chat and banter and I remembered the fact that for all the genuinely bitter blood between Dublin and Mayo on HS down the years, I have never had anything but positive experiences in person. I remember standing outside the Sean O'Casey post 2011 final. This couple from Kerry were talking to myself and Holymoly aka Navynblue. The female of the species after much chat says "I am shocked at how nice the Dubs are in real life"............... Sometimes on here we all go on with shite, utter utter shite. We need to remember we are the GAA, we are as much one as we are separate. Our unity as a sport defines the very games we love. We are all just cogs in the wheel that is the best sport on the face of the earth as far as I am concerned. We are not soccer. We dont segregate, we dont fire missiles we dont brawl. We might have a few words in the stands, but in general we shake hands after and we get on with it. I will admit that the hysterics of some mayo "fans" on here down the years has soured me towards them. They are not my favourite team and never will be, yet I know deep down that it it due to a hangover of abuse from so called Mayo fans on HS. And I am WELL AWARE as Dubs, we have had out fair share of idiots too, Many of them! Myself incl at times! Its not real life, its not the reality of life on the street, on the farm or in the workplace. Anyways, the long and the short of it is this. Mayo and Dublin is the most bitter rivalry on Hoganstand, it has been for years for a variey of reasons. Sometimes, we all, myself incl, need to take a step back and remember that. Mayo fans that I met and have met in the past have been as sound as you could meet. The Hoganstand bogeymen do not exist beyond the realms of workplaces and household laptops. Le chéile tá Éire ar cheann"
Liam do you enjoy the sound of your own voice as much as you like reading your own posts? How many threads do you need to set up?

TheFlaker (National) - 20/09/2016 15:47:08

Jimmy's winning Chinese matches. - 7 Like(s)
People can debate whether or not he is the greatest GAA manager of all time, I don't care about that. But what other man could have achieved what he has done, regardless of whether or not he succeeds or not in pro soccer. Had just finished managing his local GAA club only 6 or 7 years ago and now he is assistant manager in a wealthy professional league and second in command to the ex Leverkusen manager. That doesn't happen with luck lads.

TheFlaker (National) - 30/06/2017 21:03:22

Congrats Mayo - Well Done ....... - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Cant believe we were beaten. Honestly didnt see it coming lads. I have to admit, I secretly was far more confident that I let on. Look Mayo, ye deserve it. Well done and congrats. Here's hoping we get a crack at ye next year to atone. We didnt perform atall. Well done lads. (wait.....what.........?? We didnt lose.....but......having read social media, mainstream media and general comment in the last few days its all Mayo Mayo Mayo........hang on.......whats the story!? We are still in it!!! Well feck that!! I was sure i Saw lads from all over the gaff congratulating Mayo for the last few days!!! Well in that case.............)"
More drivel from Liam. Well done. Just to be clear, the only thing I have heard is that Dublin didn't perform and will win the replay as they won't play that bad again. Sure it's that simple.

TheFlaker (National) - 20/09/2016 12:21:21

Jimmy's winning Chinese matches. - 6 Like(s)
Great man and a risk taker. The begrudgers will hate this one. I hope he is getting a truckload of cash!

TheFlaker (National) - 30/06/2017 11:14:02

Charlie Redmond's Jim McGuinness comments - 6 Like(s)
I love the way lads clearly don't have much time for McGuinness so they can't admit that Redmond is a pure mince talker. Bringing up Cassidy again, laughable stuff. Jim got rid of a player who most people in Donegal know was a little big for his boots. Cassidy was a class player but not that well liked off the pitch, that is a fact. And Jim won without him, why people keep bangbig that drum I'll never know. Charlie just wants to be loved by the Dubs and as long as he is looked upon as a darling of the hill he will be happy enough.

TheFlaker (National) - 18/07/2017 21:21:39

Cork should lodge complaint - 5 Like(s)

Replying To jimbodub:  "Such a great pity that today's fantastic game ended on such a sour note It looks like the ref blew up early At least 30 seconds... in a 1 point game Cork GAA should lodge a complaint Considering Cork's huge effort. They deserve a lot more than that Do people feel the game should by replayed? Surely this has to be the only fair thing. A lot can happen in 30 seconds"
Lol classic. Maybe we should take the first goal off them for the 10 or 11 steps he took. Another WUM.

TheFlaker (National) - 22/07/2017 20:48:48

Dublin v Mayo. Who will win the 2017 All Ireland football final? - 5 Like(s)

Replying To clondalkindub:  "I take everything back I've just heard whose the ref were in big trouble. 32 frees to 12 frees in 2013 final says it all."
Your posts are mince bud. Give it a rest.

TheFlaker (National) - 04/09/2017 18:28:45

Joe Mc Quillan for football final - 5 Like(s)
He is a fair ref who makes mistakes like any ref. Wait for the outrage from both sets of supporters highlighting various incidents from various games over the last few years. Painful stuff.

TheFlaker (National) - 04/09/2017 18:30:24

Dublin refusing to do one-on-one broadcast interviews - 5 Like(s)
And the lads comparing Murphy giving the official verbals to Connolly actually confronting the linesman is just hilarious. Totally different. I can't believe Gavin has reignited the flames again, tiresome.

TheFlaker (National) - 27/06/2017 16:33:04

Mayweather v McGregor - 5 Like(s)

Replying To gotmilk:  "Actually I think a lot of people are praising a man going 10 rounds with the greatest P4P boxer of the last 20 years, possibly of all time, in his first professional bout. Praising the fact he landed more clean punches on him than another p4p great did. Yes people are talking about the money aspect because it's A LOT of money. It broke the record for biggest gate in fight history or would you rather people ignored that?"
GotMilk this punch thing is cringe. How many punches were punches seriously? And it is so frustrating to hear people saying he did better than Canelo and Pacquaio, the circumstances and environment are barely comparable. I have praised McGregor many times for creating what he did and making this fight happen but I also gave a scenario pre fight as to how it might unfold. And it did. An old fighter who just took his time, only raised his hand 28 times in the first 3 rounds, and then started doing a little work when he knew the other guy would gas, easy pay day. If the McGregor Malignaggi thing happens I just pray for the idiots who make it a cash rich fight. This whole circus is painful. Let him fight an active boxer his own weight if he thinks he is handy at it. Truth is McGregor wouldn't win an Irish amateur title but the clowns will still line his pockets to see him fight another retired boxer.

TheFlaker (OtherSports) - 31/08/2017 18:00:09

Mayo v Derry - 5 Like(s)
Fair play to a few posters on here. I have always called out O Shea on poor performances on the biggest days but he shouldn't be ignored when playing well and getting abuse from all angles like yesterday. People need to get over the Fermanagh game last year and move on with their lives. It's pathetic.

TheFlaker (National) - 02/07/2017 16:42:29

Andy Moran - 5 Like(s)
Confirmed today he is coming back. We may fall short again next year but we might not be far away if they can manage his game time right and give him the spring off. Also confirmed he tore his hamstring 15 minutes before he came off. So all the clowns on here and in the media who were giving Rochford grief for taking him off can wind their neck in. I still laugh at the people who didn't realise he was injured. Andy is a legend and looking forward to seeing him back next year.

TheFlaker (National) - 26/09/2017 19:31:49

You know you have Kerry rattled when..... - 4 Like(s)

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Every single one of their ex player pundits tips them to win based on hunger :) No yerra yerra cute hoorism to be seen anywhere on the national pages.... They must be rattled! COYBIB :)"
Who are you tipping Liam, Tipp by 5? Oh wait that was last week. Keep up the good work.

TheFlaker (National) - 25/08/2016 10:51:26

Football Top 10 - 4 Like(s)
I love the way Roscommon are suddenly the bees knees, same for down.

TheFlaker (National) - 14/07/2017 14:45:25

Mayweather v McGregor - 4 Like(s)

Replying To jimbodub:  "Jaysus McGregor did an awful lot better than I thought he would, he was out on his feet.. walking into his first pro fight to fight 12 rounds against one of the all time greats Much deserved victory for FM and not surprising but fair play to McG he did better than a lot of previous pro boxers taking on FM.. McGregor landed a few A decent effort on his part and he leaves with a bit of credit to his name He lasted 30 minutes and the 10th round.. He even won a couple of rounds If FM switched to MMA is wouldn't last a round Impressive considering the overwhelming disadvantage he had but as expected Floyd schooled him Well done Conor you deserve every cent and hats off.. a good performance but it's like a pro pool player taking on Ronnie OSullivan at the crucible!!"
If you don't think the whole thing was staged to go to the late rounds you are exactly the reason the 2 lads made a fortune. It was as fixed as a WWE match. Mayweather doing nothing for 3 rounds then holding back, he wasn't even defending himself properly. A sham is an understatement. Probably a rematch or a fight with Malignaggi, anyone who is thinking straight can see this is all a circus and fair play to McGregor for cashing in. But please people don't come on trying to say Mayweather had more trouble against Conor than he did against Manny, Canelo etc. If Mayweather wanted to that could have been over in 2 rounds.

TheFlaker (OtherSports) - 27/08/2017 13:45:51

6 Nations 2017 - 4 Like(s)

Replying To ormondbannerman:  "It's a huge honour to have a player from your own club get international honours - nearly every club I have been to have a board with the names of all those from the club who have got caps. Do you think it was a huge honour for Clontarf every time Ross pulled on the green jersey? How big a role did Clontarf play in helping him become the player he is? Coaches at Fermoy and Cork Con helped develop Ross, I'd be surprised if he ever broke a sweat in a Clontarf jersey. Anyway plenty to look forward to later, hopefully we get a good game. Good to see Andrew Conway get his place in the 23, I'm sure he will do well when called on Soma (UK) - Posts:1788 - 18/03/2017 12:11:04 It Is a huge honour and do you think Tarf wont have been proud of Ross? Brian O Driscoll was always affiliated with UCD despite rarely playing for them. Its a tradition and players can and do play for their ail team if on injury comeback. Paul O Connell did on several occasions."
Ormond they are called Clontarf, quit the name calling.

TheFlaker (OtherSports) - 18/03/2017 18:46:06

Dublin refusing to do one-on-one broadcast interviews - 4 Like(s)

Replying To keithlemon:  "If Dublin do win 3 in a row this season, will Gavin be labelled a genius for using this incident as a rallying cry? If they don't win it, this incident will surely be used as a stick to beat him with. Lets speculate for a second, lets say we have the semi final that a number of us are expecting - Dublin vs Tyrone and Connolly is named on the bench (what I'd expect). Lets say the game is in the mix with 15 minutes to go and Connolly gets the shout to come on. Can you imagine the fireworks?? Dubs will be getting revved up with the return of their hero while Tyrone will just be dying to have a cut at him. Interesting times ahead regardless"
Win or not this incident will have nothing to do with it. Tired listening to people saying one way or another that it was a ploy. Nonsense. Almost as nonsensical as Gavin claiming their legal advisor told them they would win but Connolly told them to leave it. Such a bullshit statement. Childish stuff.

TheFlaker (National) - 28/06/2017 20:42:52

Dublin V Carlow - 4 Like(s)

Replying To realdub:  "Gave iffy frees to both sides, watch the game again. The iffy frees or sending off would not have affected the result of this game. This game was about Carlow, not Dublin. Everyone knew that they would spend every last ounce against the 'mighty' Dubs, and so they did, but its how teams carry a decent performance against the likes of Dublin forward. Trouble is, its not worth a damn if they cannot repeat the intensity in the next game against poorer opposition than Dublin. And this seems to happen a lot with teams in these situations. Carlow should go home and look at that game again and grow from it, actually believing that they can produce similar efforts at least in the early rounds of the qualifiers, and there is no reason why they can't, it shouldn't always be just about a good showing V Dublin,"
All that and you ignore the Connolly incident. I'm actually wondering at this stage to some of the Dubs on here even see the amount of stuff he is involved in? And before you claim I am another anti Dub poster my past posts will show I am not. Would just love to see him get what he deserves, a long ban. No more crying about being targeted.

TheFlaker (National) - 03/06/2017 20:53:19

Fair Play Diarmuid Connolly - 4 Like(s)

Replying To TheUsername:  "Looking at the game back its was a clever tactical play with Keegan on Kilkenny that i didnt notice during the game. Dermo had the freedom of Croke park. He just took over Kilkennys playmaking duty's and Mayo never got to grips with him and he penetrated the lines so much. Thats not a criticism of Keegan because he himself scored a wonderful goal, but when he was tied up with Kilkenny, Dermo probably had his easiest game against Mayo. Dermo was allowed influence the game and critically got a point and won the free for the winner in addition to his playmaking. Again one of those fine margins that influenced the game watching it back."
Jesus lads how was it a clever tactical play? Keegan was marking Kilkenny not Connolly. Connolly then comes on and has a bit more space than usual. It was always going to be that way. It just goes to show how Keegan has dominated that match up in the past few years. Shutting Kilkenny down was the main Mayo strategy and Keegan did that easily. Basically what I'm saying is Keegan is the best player in the country again. But we only have one Keegan unfortunately.

TheFlaker (National) - 19/09/2017 15:59:45