National Forum

Popular Posts from clondalkindub

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Croke Park Stewards - 10 Like(s)

Replying To OpenStand:  "At last years all ireland there were many Limerick supporters who attempted to go on field manhandled and hurt by over aggressive stewards which some might say was their own fault but today Tom Parsons was prevented from joining the Mayo Panel by stewards who haven't a clue who he was ?? Two other incidents i spotted today, entering the ground at Davin End a woman with 2 children was having her ruck sack pulled apart by a very heavy handed inner city looking woman, apparently the supporter hadn't declared 2 cans of fanta in her bag and was getting the third degree in front of her frightened children. Before the hurling match a waterford slithor flew over the nets and a young lad towards the back of the stand managed to catch it, immediately some mad looking steward ran after him chasing him towards the back of stand before pulling slithor off the young lad , many people booed the steward but none challenged him as the steward looked as if he was only looking for someone to do a bit of martial arts on. If you didn't know any better you'd think the stewards were from some loyalist housing estate in Belfast ( maybe they are!), its true for Joe Brolly Croke Park has lost touch with the grassroots, these stewards might be appropriate at rock concerts in croke park but all this heavy handedness with average GAA supporters is gone ridiculous."
Never had one problem with them and I'm going to CP 30 years , maybe they are everything you say but I've never experienced it. The steward should of showed some common sense when the Mayo players wanted Tom in , but he obviously hadn't a clue who he was and tbh I didn't cop him straight off on the tv. Most of the stewards are there to get a few bob and have no interest in gaa and are just doing their job. Imo you're making a big deal out of nothing but maybe I'm completely wrong.

clondalkindub (National) - 31/03/2019 21:44:51

Well done Ireland - 10 Like(s)
I know it's a gaa forum but come on the moment that's in it what a win well done Ireland savage stuff.

clondalkindub (National) - 22/06/2016 22:02:53

Kerry V Dublin - 10 Like(s)
Can the kids who want to accuse whoever started the handbags at the end please leave the forum this is for adults only. My god ; he started the row no no he started it, no pictures clearly show he started it, who cares seriously? Great game of football why are we always trying to pick holes or blame someone else when that was outstanding entertainment last night. Both teams got stuck in and I seen nothing to cry about just hard honest football. Ps my post didn't get tru earlier but just want to say it's great to see Tommy Walsh back playing football.

clondalkindub (National) - 10/02/2019 11:30:49

Dublin v Kerry - 9 Like(s)
Hey posters from all counties remember at the end of the day it's just a game of football not life or death, a friend of mine from Clondalkin (lives in Ashbourne now) was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year it's a 1 in ten million chance to get that disease in your 30's he's married with two boys under 5 and I've just heard he's been put into a hospice this week (I think you all know what that means) so be happy your alive and healthy cause life can be cruel. Safe trip to everyone travelling to Croker Sunday, good luck.

clondalkindub (National) - 26/08/2016 14:42:55

Connacht Championship 2019 - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Tizcold:  "Galway have very poor footballing support to be honest"
At least their not cringe like you know who out in Times Square mortified for them. Ok you are good supporters but please stop embarrassing yourselves it's getting silly now at this stage.

clondalkindub (National) - 06/05/2019 12:11:20

Kerry V Dublin - 8 Like(s)
Hopefully the ref will be a good one this weekend and not let Kerry away with the rough stuff they dished out to us two years ago down there, they were more interested in fighting than playing football. I suppose when you're the champs it comes with the territory.

clondalkindub (National) - 07/02/2019 15:08:23

Mayo V Galway - 8 Like(s)
I have to say this; it was highlighted earlier in the season Jonny Cooper dying and play acting when he wasn't touched and rightly so no place in the game for that I absolutely hate it but again yesterday we had; Kevin McLoughlin going down faking injury pretending he got a dig in the head from the corner back when the pictures clearly so he wasn't touched. Damien Comer holding his face and sitting on the ball for 3 minutes pretending he was hit when the pictures clearly show he wasn't touched. And Andy Moran great guy great player but I counted 3 times yesterday when he through his legs up in the air diving when again he wasn't touched and if he was it made no sense for his legs to go up in the air like they did. Let's be consistent if we're pulling up players for diving let's do it to every player and not just a Dublin player

clondalkindub (National) - 14/05/2018 07:52:31

Round 4A & 4B Qualifier Draw - 8 Like(s)
Mayo v Tyrone if it happens will be some game. Tyrone's reward for winning Ulster is Mayo or Cork Kerry's reward for beating Clare and Tipp is Derry Roscommon or Clare again ha How the hell can that be right what a joke of an outdated system.

clondalkindub (National) - 18/07/2016 12:11:10

Mayo 'Over Celebrating' - 7 Like(s)
No problem with them celebrating the win but the crying was a bit much imo it's only the league at the end of the day save the tears for September when we do the 5 in a row.

clondalkindub (National) - 08/04/2019 16:38:14

Is Leinster Football Dead And Buried? - 7 Like(s)

Replying To border Gael:  "Ulster semi final today is also a total miss match. Dublin are brilliant for themselves but the fact that they have gone so far ahead of everyone else in football is really going to be the death of GAA football. No one else has the resources to compete with that."
You must be on the moon when we play Kerry Donegal or Mayo in championship. Kerry hammer Clare not a word said Dublin hammer 14 man longford the end of football. We've always hammered these teams in Leinster for as long as I can remember.

clondalkindub (National) - 10/06/2018 18:21:58

Stephen Cluxton - 7 Like(s)
Is no one going to comment on the cowardly sickening challenge on our keeper who was in the air defenseless and hit an hour late? You seemed to be all very worried about our games health last year when Connolly tickled the linesman but none of you seem to be worried about the kids after one of the worst late hits I've seen in years. I'm all for hard hitting and a physical game but yesterday was cowardly and that longford fella should get a big suspension. From what I'm hearing Cluxton season could be over.

clondalkindub (National) - 11/06/2018 15:50:50

Is Leinster Football Dead And Buried? - 7 Like(s)

Replying To 37thHeaven:  "Kerry only had a 6 point handicap last week, that scoreline was totally unexpected i fact some pundits were whispering the possibility of a Clare upset Today the handicap was 18 the last day 22 , both absolutely ridiculous spreads yet passed in 1st gear, how can't people see there is a serious issue Finally, Longford lost by TWO points to Dublin just over a decade ago, Laois beat Dublin in 03 and lost by a point in 05 when Dublin were overjoyed to beat them, so no it hasn't always been like this"
Exactly other teams have beaten Dublin teams in Leinster the last 15 years now remind me whose beaten Kerry apart from Cork in Munster the last 15 years? Have many provincial titles have Kerry again? I love the attitude of Kerry and Mayo players they have the utmost belief that they can beat Dublin it's a pity the Kerry posters on here are the opposite.

clondalkindub (National) - 10/06/2018 19:50:22

Monaghan Vs Tyrone - 7 Like(s)
Colm Cavanagh who was outstanding all game today gets the ball in the 2nd half runs straight into a Monaghan man throws his legs up in the air (diving) and gets a free in hard to believe, James McCarthy does the same thing yesterday without the dive and is given a free out for barging, basically the referee is telling all players to dive now cause if you're honest you get punished , shocking call and imo the ref gave some shockers against Monaghan. Not having blinkers on cause will hammer Tyrone in the final so I didn't care who won. I personally thought Monaghan were the better team and should of won that game I couldn't understand were the studio panel saying Tyrone were way better I didn't see it that way at all.keeroer at the end my god he really was believing his own hope trying to be the hero ridiculous decision completely let his team down.

clondalkindub (National) - 12/08/2018 17:56:12

Dublin V Tyrone - 7 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "You keep saying you're not moaning but it does sound like moaning. You're boys are well able to dish it out and get away with murder from refs, 19 year old seanie Shea hospitalized by a couple of yer lot in last years league game in crokepark, 2 years previous also in crokepark Costello chokes out 20 year old brian o'beaglaoich not to mention what Philly did to donaghys eyes."
You keep saying this but where's the evidence ? I don't remember any dirty stroke with O Se maybe he collided with a Dublin player it happens it was a wet day just like what happened with Conway from Galway against Kerry he ended up in hospital with a broken leg and hasn't played since , nearly sure O Se played the game after. Dean Rock ended up in hospital after a league game in '17 had to get his teeth fixed not going to say who against but he got a shoulder into the mouth, McCauley got his nose busted in a championship game a few years ago against Laois from a box , we get busted just as much as everyone else but we don't keep bringing it up like you do. You keep bringing it up and making out dirty play was involved when there's no evidence of this whatsoever the game was live on tv from Croker and no pictures show any foul play.

clondalkindub (National) - 20/03/2019 07:46:32

Mayo Vs Roscommon - 7 Like(s)
How can anyone judge either team in them conditions, great battling going on disappointing from Smith to dive like that and he was the one to eye gouge , ref was brutal every tackle was a free for either team. Terrible game cause of conditions but I enjoyed it if that makes sense. Colm Boyle needs to cop on he's trying to ruin careers every time he tackles very dangerous again for him , how many times does he get a black or red card , feels like every game nowadays.

clondalkindub (National) - 26/01/2019 21:50:19

Kerry V Dublin - 7 Like(s)

Replying To farneygael:  "Whats the story with most dublin posters here ?? I know your not used to losing but come on . The excuse of it's only Feb makes me laugh . It's also Feb for Kerry and for every other team playing ball. We're not long back . Or we haddent a full team out , come on lads what team is playing there full 15 at this stage of year . Now it's not all dublin posters some are very graceful in defet. The others should learn . Every team in the country that get the chance to play the dubs up there game for it . Ye are up there with the best teams ever so why wouldn't they. Just don't be making excuses for losing a game . Tonight I taught the best team won. Come championship we all know it will be a different dublin . But I'm pretty sure it will be a different Kerry and Galway and monaghan etc etc. In my honest opinion the field is getting a bit more even . But only a bit . The defeats to the dubs will affect the lads later in the year . But will it affect enough . ??? Here's to a great game of ball tonight and to what looks like a brilliant year of ball ahead . Hon the farney"
You're right Kerry deserved to win and we're better on the night but surely Dubs who say "it's only February" are right in saying this no? Has our track record of doing 4 in a row not prove this? Listen everyone will be different come summer but the mad thing about our championship is we mightn't even meet Kerry or Monaghan or Mayo come summer. Again Kerry were the better team and deserved their win on the night and like I've said before if Geaney and O Donoghue weren't so brutal last summer I believe Kerry would of been the biggest challengers to us. Them two let Kerry down badly last year.

clondalkindub (National) - 10/02/2019 09:48:33

Bubbles O'Dwyer Swearing - 7 Like(s)
Personally I thought he let himself down, just thought he showed no class in his whole interview.

clondalkindub (National) - 05/09/2016 14:14:57

Colm's Challenge - 6 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Thanks realdub you're always a good old soul, but I wouldn't say I'm tearing into ye, I just pointing out that recovery is a massive part of sport and intercounty players from the country don't get that whereas yer boys do, now we all know about the rest of yer advantages as we have highlighted them many times but if you were to read usernames posts you'd swear ye were struggling to get 15 players on a Sunday. We have massive rural depopulation down here at the minute, I read that ballylongford in north Kerry have had no new students start in their national school in the last 2 years, In south Kerry when colaiste na skellige won the hogan cup in 2009 there were just under a thousand students drawn in from the 12 parishes now there are only 450 students in the school. Big towns like Listowel castleisland and kilorglin 2 of those teams which have won allireland club championships in the past are fading away into obscurity. Now I know this is the same in all the counties up the west coast it's not just us but population does matter."
Does this fella ever shut up crying for jaysis sake give over you're a football mad county that plays in a province that's all hurling and for a lot of areas rugby you've won more than any other county you're minors have just done 5 in a row will you shut up crying all the time it's boring now.

clondalkindub (National) - 23/11/2018 11:28:39

Paul Mannion Different Class - 6 Like(s)
Paul Mannion put on an exhibition tonight in the Dublin final 1-6 from play , Conor McManus David Clifford Cillian O Conor etc I wouldn't swap Mannion for any of them for me he's the best inside forward in the game right now, he has it all pace power finishing good looks the lot. Different class.

clondalkindub (National) - 29/10/2018 19:27:24

Football All Stars 2018 - 6 Like(s)

Replying To gotmilk:  "He has won 5. What year was he head and shoulders over the winner? Possibly 2017 I'd have given it to him over Clarke but it was tight none the less."
Last year wasn't even close Cluxton didn't put a foot wrong last year he was outstanding all year I can't even nit pic a mistake he made last season cause there wasn't any, who won in '15 I can't remember? I said already I've no complaints with Beggan winning he had a great year my complaint is more that not one year in a 4 in a row winning team our most important player wasn't recognized, for me that's wrong and for me it feels personal. Just a little reminder to people picking out Cluxton's mistakes which get more highlight cause he's such a big name in the game, one poster earlier picked out stuff in every game this year for Dublin jesus, I couldn't even tell you who Monaghan played this year apart from the big ones; Durkan lost donegal the all Ireland in '14 harsh on durkan but it's true but stil won an all star Clarke was dropped in '16 for football final replay but still won an all star Clarke's last two kicks in '17 won us the all Ireland but still won an all star At the end of the game when the pressure is on most Cluxton is rock solid

clondalkindub (National) - 01/11/2018 20:03:31