National Forum

Popular Posts from GreenandRed

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Benefits top 4 teams enjoy - 14 Like(s)

Replying To golfcar:  "P Spillane commented yesterday on all county's spending huge amounts on inter county teams which I believe is true but I think the top 4 are now at professional levels of preparation , Mayo have a top class S&C although probably with Mayo before joining Arsenal(this shows how will thought off he is) & Dublin players have meals delivered to them,these teams are now at new levels and now makes it impossible almost for outside teams to compete"
I've had loads of meals delivered to me, Chinese, Indian, Pizzas etc. Never improved my substandard footballing abilities....

GreenandRed (National) - 08/08/2017 10:51:31

Dublin V Roscommon - 9 Like(s)

Replying To mayotyroneman:  "The game started with Dublin hand passing the ball around for 1 min and 20 secs before attempting a shot which went wide..the game ended with Dublin hand passing the ball around for 1 min and 50 secs before the ref gave up and blew the final whistle..that sums Dublin up...a negative hand passing team"
So they played 66 minutes and 50 seconds, plus injury time, of great football trying to shake off Roscommon in tricky conditions so. Sounds a right good game. Shout out to your stopwatch too.

GreenandRed (National) - 03/03/2019 17:19:51

Mayo In The Big Apple - 8 Like(s)

Replying To Belclare1:  "I saw Colm Boyle eating in that great Galway food emporium based in Ballindine back in September, sat beside him, cost me a tenner..."
Hope they gave you plenty of Mayo for all them chips on your shoulders.

GreenandRed (National) - 13/02/2019 00:54:32

Congrats Mayo - Well Done ....... - 8 Like(s)

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Cant believe we were beaten. Honestly didnt see it coming lads. I have to admit, I secretly was far more confident that I let on. Look Mayo, ye deserve it. Well done and congrats. Here's hoping we get a crack at ye next year to atone. We didnt perform atall. Well done lads. (wait.....what.........?? We didnt lose.....but......having read social media, mainstream media and general comment in the last few days its all Mayo Mayo Mayo........hang on.......whats the story!? We are still in it!!! Well feck that!! I was sure i Saw lads from all over the gaff congratulating Mayo for the last few days!!! Well in that case.............)"
That auld Drumcondra monsoon must have cleared up. Better fishing conditions this morning. Poor enough effort compared to previous enthralling threads though I'd have to say.

GreenandRed (National) - 20/09/2016 11:18:24

€12 for Croker crackers. - 8 Like(s)
http://gaa.tickets.ie/Listing/EventInformation/32553 Dublin v Waterford at 5. Dublin v Mayo at 7. 2 cracking games for just €12 if you pre-buy tickets. Where can you get better value for a sporting occasion anywhere in the world? Should be a good few neutrals there too. May the best teams win.

GreenandRed (National) - 27/02/2017 16:12:03

Philly McMahon's half time talk. - 7 Like(s)
He's a winner, on and off the pitch. End of.

GreenandRed (National) - 22/05/2016 14:24:14

The Documentary- "Players Of The Faithful County" - 7 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "We saw the 5 in a row being achieved only 4 months ago by the Kerry minors, 30 wins in a row which has never been achieved by any other football team ."
4x U18 and 1x U17. Is that 5 in a row? An amazing achievement right enough, fair play to Kerry but real history is written by senior winners. Even more respect is due to Dublin if they can make 5 in a row in 2019.

GreenandRed (National) - 31/12/2018 13:14:01

GAA Coaching / Game Development Grants By County 2007-2018 - 7 Like(s)

Replying To westkerry:  "[quote=TheUsername:  "[quote=westkerry:  "[quote=KingdomBoy1:  "[quote=Offside_Rule:  "And while I welcome any money that comes in to Antrim you left out the crucial part of John Horans speech - the bit where he basically says that £1m over 5 years will be dependent on results. No pressure then :-) New GAA President John Horan and the Association's newly installed Director-General Tom Ryan have cautioned that Croke Park's £1m investment will need to yield results over the coming years. Speaking to The Irish News at last week's launch in Belfast, Horan said: "There has to be results and there has to be outcomes to the investment", while Ryan added at Wednesday's media briefing that Croke Park would be watching "carefully" how the project is progressing."
Username is a proper little spin doctor and he often leaves out things to suit his agenda but at least everyone can see that now."]The dogs in the street know the truth with this. Pre 2007, Pre Croke Park being designated a home venue Dublin while still having a population advantage ( Natural ) Dublin were treated no different than the rest. Now they are being funded like a provience and being provided a 82,000 home venue. Paddy Cullen Dublin legend even acknowledged the inequality in giving Dublin Croke Park. Now the game is being ruined by this and most fair minded people will acknowledge same."]I think we have to seriously consider the possibility of Kerry being financially doped, 5 in a row minor wins, 1 in 10 playing per total population and coming in at 1.34 euro a head for a population similar to Mayo and Donegal, 7 mill grant by the ISC for the facility in IT Tralee, and 1 mill grant by the Munster Council, 1 mill grant by Central council toward the development of Currans. there is a huge body of evidence there, behind the victim playing. They hardly need to be coming through Munster, when counties of a similar makeup like Mayo and Donegal, get significantly less, dont get similar capital grants and play in much more adverse provinces. David Clifford is a terrific player but he is also some specimen of an athlete its clear no expense was spared in developing him from a sports science perspective, he is like something Rocky would encounter on a trip to Russia. i would actually agree with you on Croke Park, there is no point denying it, playing there is an advantage to Dublin. The only way to rectify that would be to take semis and final out of Croke park, personally i wouldn't have a problem with that. Elsewise, every county playing Dublin in Croke Park is playing away, Croke park is a part of Dublin and Dublin is part of Croke Park, the two will never be separated and we grow up here in its shadow and are as familiar with it as a walk down dollymount strand, in intrinsically a part of Dublin, like Killarney would be Kerry. My own opinion is, its Dublin ground. The way i look at it all grounds are owned by the GAA even if administered by County boards, they are all under the authority of the GAA and every county play in their counties biggest, for Dublin that happens to be Croke Park. Its unfortunate for every other county but if the GAA decide to hold their biggest games there, that the scenario. Id have a bit of sympathy there to be fair."]Kerry have always produced footballers, David Clifford is another like men that went before him. Kerry GAA had no injection of development funding or coaches to produce them either. Currans was part funded by Croke Park and the majority came from localfund raising and patronage abroad. The Irony of this being pointed out given Dublin are also provided with the best of facilities in DCU or Abbotstown is laughable. Funny you can actually look at this from another angle, This has backfired on the GAA as now the only full houses they get is for finals and the odd semi final. Fans dont want to pay good money for a turkey shoot. Dont you crave the full houses in june and july that you use to get??"]This all happened in 2014. Sure nobody ever heard of the Dubs before then, or Abbotstown, or DCU before 2014. Kerry have no facilities at all, they're peniless. They grew Clifford out in an organic Gaelic footballer farm. Unlike the Dubs, manufacturing players in their secret lab under the DCU campus. It's all Dublin's fault so it is, with their money, their class footballers and great manager. Down with the Dubs. Get your excuses in early.....

GreenandRed (National) - 19/02/2019 14:23:02

A GAA community perspective on Dublin's plans - 7 Like(s)
This is for the Dublin forum.

GreenandRed (National) - 28/10/2016 14:10:24

Seamus Darby Goal - Poor Goalkeeping? - 6 Like(s)
link What could Charlie Nelligan have done better to save it?

GreenandRed (National) - 09/01/2019 18:39:39

The Dubs Propaganda Machine - 6 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I have to put john Costello's piece from his state of the Dublin GAA address during the week into the dubs propaganda thread. There were some classics in it saying they have to battle for the minds of the young people in Dublin after winning 5 allirelands. Funny man john."
Not as funny as you. A real Kerryman wouldn't take the Dubs dominance lying down and start bellyaching at every opportunity. Especially with such a conveyor belt of underage talent coming through. 2014 was only three years ago. No one thinks this anything but yerra.

GreenandRed (National) - 17/12/2017 14:16:52

Life, death and hurling. - 6 Like(s)
link This is tragic and uplifting. Look out for each lads and lassies.

GreenandRed (National) - 05/12/2017 05:46:32

Where does the money go ? - 6 Like(s)

Replying To supersub15:  "If my memory serves me right about 2/3 years ago it was said that the two wealthiest amateur organisations in the world was 1. The vatican. 2. The gaa, however for the obvious reasons that may now be reversed"
Sure them Vatican lads are all on pay for pray contracts.

GreenandRed (National) - 21/09/2016 00:39:42

Confess Your Really Unpopular View/Opinion - 6 Like(s)
If GAA top brass aren't cateful the intercounty scene will be dead by 2030. They plan to create a top tier of elite counties and care little about narrowing standards between top and bottom. By 2030 GAA people in so-called weaker counties will ignore inter-county games and concentrate on their clubs. A pessimistic opinion I know but there's some gap in the love of grassroots people looking after their clubs and top brass not looking out for standards in all counties.

GreenandRed (National) - 23/02/2018 19:51:17

GAA Coaching / Game Development Grants By County 2007-2018 - 6 Like(s)

Replying To westkerry:  "[quote=GreenandRed:  "[quote=westkerry:  "[quote=TheUsername:  "[quote=westkerry:  "[quote=KingdomBoy1:  "[quote=Offside_Rule:  "And while I welcome any money that comes in to Antrim you left out the crucial part of John Horans speech - the bit where he basically says that £1m over 5 years will be dependent on results. No pressure then :-) New GAA President John Horan and the Association's newly installed Director-General Tom Ryan have cautioned that Croke Park's £1m investment will need to yield results over the coming years. Speaking to The Irish News at last week's launch in Belfast, Horan said: "There has to be results and there has to be outcomes to the investment", while Ryan added at Wednesday's media briefing that Croke Park would be watching "carefully" how the project is progressing."
Username is a proper little spin doctor and he often leaves out things to suit his agenda but at least everyone can see that now."]The dogs in the street know the truth with this. Pre 2007, Pre Croke Park being designated a home venue Dublin while still having a population advantage ( Natural ) Dublin were treated no different than the rest. Now they are being funded like a provience and being provided a 82,000 home venue. Paddy Cullen Dublin legend even acknowledged the inequality in giving Dublin Croke Park. Now the game is being ruined by this and most fair minded people will acknowledge same."]I think we have to seriously consider the possibility of Kerry being financially doped, 5 in a row minor wins, 1 in 10 playing per total population and coming in at 1.34 euro a head for a population similar to Mayo and Donegal, 7 mill grant by the ISC for the facility in IT Tralee, and 1 mill grant by the Munster Council, 1 mill grant by Central council toward the development of Currans. there is a huge body of evidence there, behind the victim playing. They hardly need to be coming through Munster, when counties of a similar makeup like Mayo and Donegal, get significantly less, dont get similar capital grants and play in much more adverse provinces. David Clifford is a terrific player but he is also some specimen of an athlete its clear no expense was spared in developing him from a sports science perspective, he is like something Rocky would encounter on a trip to Russia. i would actually agree with you on Croke Park, there is no point denying it, playing there is an advantage to Dublin. The only way to rectify that would be to take semis and final out of Croke park, personally i wouldn't have a problem with that. Elsewise, every county playing Dublin in Croke Park is playing away, Croke park is a part of Dublin and Dublin is part of Croke Park, the two will never be separated and we grow up here in its shadow and are as familiar with it as a walk down dollymount strand, in intrinsically a part of Dublin, like Killarney would be Kerry. My own opinion is, its Dublin ground. The way i look at it all grounds are owned by the GAA even if administered by County boards, they are all under the authority of the GAA and every county play in their counties biggest, for Dublin that happens to be Croke Park. Its unfortunate for every other county but if the GAA decide to hold their biggest games there, that the scenario. Id have a bit of sympathy there to be fair."]Kerry have always produced footballers, David Clifford is another like men that went before him. Kerry GAA had no injection of development funding or coaches to produce them either. Currans was part funded by Croke Park and the majority came from localfund raising and patronage abroad. The Irony of this being pointed out given Dublin are also provided with the best of facilities in DCU or Abbotstown is laughable. Funny you can actually look at this from another angle, This has backfired on the GAA as now the only full houses they get is for finals and the odd semi final. Fans dont want to pay good money for a turkey shoot. Dont you crave the full houses in june and july that you use to get??"]This all happened in 2014. Sure nobody ever heard of the Dubs before then, or Abbotstown, or DCU before 2014. Kerry have no facilities at all, they're peniless. They grew Clifford out in an organic Gaelic footballer farm. Unlike the Dubs, manufacturing players in their secret lab under the DCU campus. It's all Dublin's fault so it is, with their money, their class footballers and great manager. Down with the Dubs. Get your excuses in early....."]If you cant see the difference between funding raised by county boards and that given by HQ and the imbalance and unfairness of it then this thread has gone right over your head. Plus if im looking for an excuse im sure DB could give me a few after his tweet on Sat."]I didn't say it was fair, I sad you're whinging. Brady can speak for himself, he doesn't represent a county's opinion. You assume too much.

GreenandRed (National) - 19/02/2019 14:58:18

Another Spectacular GAA PR Own Goal - 6 Like(s)

Replying To 49erroyal:  "You can't play soccer on GAA club property - that's the rule and everyone knows it. It sounds like a brilliant cause but you can't knowingly break the rule, complain when you are caught and then look to get off because it was for charity. Because of the Liam Miller affair, charity soccer events can get clearance but for county grounds only. This could have got clearance for Ballybofey or Letterkenny. The club applied to both Croke Park and Donegal to host soccer at their own ground and were told no. The GAA community is raising thousands, millions for charities and people in need - such as Kieran McCarthy, the Lowdnes family or young Wallace in Westmeath. Whoever organised this event in Donegal - their heart was in the right place but the event was misjudged and now a whole club suffers."
When you say you can't play soccer on GAA club property would that include locals in the community using the clubs astro pitch for 5-a-side kickabout some evenings? If they wanted to do that surely the county board could ok that if they were paying for facilities and some of the soccer players also play football and hurlin and/or are parents of some of the kids playing for the club?

GreenandRed (National) - 23/04/2019 17:21:39

A truly historic weekend ahead for Dublin GAA - 6 Like(s)
Congratulations to Dublin. A great record for a great team.

GreenandRed (National) - 18/03/2017 21:35:18

Paraic Duffy to step down as Director-General of the GAA - 6 Like(s)
He wanted to make the strong counties stronger and the weak weaker. The Super 8 will probably increase the gap. His floating of the plan to have a tiered championship will make the gap even bigger. I listened to him on Off The Ball and heard him say a massive part of the Sky deal was so that expats in Britain could see games. That's alright then. No matter that many cannot afford or have any broadband that they could access Sky Sports here in the 32 counties. It is important that expanded s can watch games live but is GAA Go not gonna give them that? I think he's a smug arrogant man, purely my own point of view.

GreenandRed (National) - 25/01/2018 21:38:41

GAA Should Campaign For A United Ireland. - 6 Like(s)

Replying To culmore:  "Simple answer to simple question No. Sport/politics/religion don't mix"
I think it's because of politics that the top level of GAA won't back a United Ireland. They seem more self-interested in media deals and cashing in on Super 8. Not so concerned that the other 24 who get very little media coverage which can generate sponsorship. Very few of them, publicly or privately don't have party loyalties. The main parties keep peddling the 'Sinn Féin links to terrorism, Sinn Féin policies are naive' to dissuade people voting for them. Their policies are much improved and they have plenty of decent candidates. They're the only 32 county party with a massive chance of governing a United Ireland. Fanna Fáil and Fine Gael still draw a big vote from families voting on party lines. Mary Lou has put a modern look on the party and I think the other parties will do their utmost still to do them down. But eventually they'll form a 32 county government.

GreenandRed (National) - 09/03/2019 21:04:36

Alan Freeman - 5 Like(s)

Replying To driver:  "Mort's loss along with horan's ineptitude cost us an all-ireland. Freeman not in the same class."
Yeah. Nothing to do with them not taking more scores from all the chances in the first half or being cuter and the ability to take scores at the right time and stifle Dublin in the second half. Always someone else's fault.

GreenandRed (Mayo) - 17/02/2017 07:38:09