National Forum

Popular Posts from GreenandRed

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Benefits top 4 teams enjoy - 14 Like(s)

Replying To golfcar:  "P Spillane commented yesterday on all county's spending huge amounts on inter county teams which I believe is true but I think the top 4 are now at professional levels of preparation , Mayo have a top class S&C although probably with Mayo before joining Arsenal(this shows how will thought off he is) & Dublin players have meals delivered to them,these teams are now at new levels and now makes it impossible almost for outside teams to compete"
I've had loads of meals delivered to me, Chinese, Indian, Pizzas etc. Never improved my substandard footballing abilities....

GreenandRed (National) - 08/08/2017 10:51:31

Congrats Mayo - Well Done ....... - 8 Like(s)

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Cant believe we were beaten. Honestly didnt see it coming lads. I have to admit, I secretly was far more confident that I let on. Look Mayo, ye deserve it. Well done and congrats. Here's hoping we get a crack at ye next year to atone. We didnt perform atall. Well done lads. (wait.....what.........?? We didnt lose.....but......having read social media, mainstream media and general comment in the last few days its all Mayo Mayo Mayo........hang on.......whats the story!? We are still in it!!! Well feck that!! I was sure i Saw lads from all over the gaff congratulating Mayo for the last few days!!! Well in that case.............)"
That auld Drumcondra monsoon must have cleared up. Better fishing conditions this morning. Poor enough effort compared to previous enthralling threads though I'd have to say.

GreenandRed (National) - 20/09/2016 11:18:24

€12 for Croker crackers. - 8 Like(s)
http://gaa.tickets.ie/Listing/EventInformation/32553 Dublin v Waterford at 5. Dublin v Mayo at 7. 2 cracking games for just €12 if you pre-buy tickets. Where can you get better value for a sporting occasion anywhere in the world? Should be a good few neutrals there too. May the best teams win.

GreenandRed (National) - 27/02/2017 16:12:03

Philly McMahon's half time talk. - 7 Like(s)
He's a winner, on and off the pitch. End of.

GreenandRed (National) - 22/05/2016 14:24:14

A GAA community perspective on Dublin's plans - 7 Like(s)
This is for the Dublin forum.

GreenandRed (National) - 28/10/2016 14:10:24

Life, death and hurling. - 6 Like(s)
link This is tragic and uplifting. Look out for each lads and lassies.

GreenandRed (National) - 05/12/2017 05:46:32

Where does the money go ? - 6 Like(s)

Replying To supersub15:  "If my memory serves me right about 2/3 years ago it was said that the two wealthiest amateur organisations in the world was 1. The vatican. 2. The gaa, however for the obvious reasons that may now be reversed"
Sure them Vatican lads are all on pay for pray contracts.

GreenandRed (National) - 21/09/2016 00:39:42

A truly historic weekend ahead for Dublin GAA - 6 Like(s)
Congratulations to Dublin. A great record for a great team.

GreenandRed (National) - 18/03/2017 21:35:18

Clucko - I doff my cap - 5 Like(s)
The greatest keeper ever. One I'd curse when we play the Dubs but absolutely admire as a footballer and how he conducts himself. Congratulations.

GreenandRed (National) - 04/08/2017 18:54:58

Dublin v Kerry call it in a word / winning margin. - 5 Like(s)
Draw. Replay in Limerick !

GreenandRed (National) - 25/08/2016 19:06:44

Funniest moment of the year in the GAA world - 5 Like(s)
Grown men on Ireland's premium GAA forum posting Laugh Out Loud replies.

GreenandRed (National) - 17/11/2016 20:49:28

Does GAA get fair coverage compared to soccer and rugby - 5 Like(s)
Part 2- The IRFU preside over a professional game. They have less attendances than GAA but rely heavily on marketing because they have to pay their players. Money makes money and many members and players are wealthy and come from finance and marketing backgrounds. It's not coincidence that they have marketing people who can put a positive spin on what's initially seen as a negative. After losing to Argentina in the World Cup, a bad news story you'd think, they're out at the airport kissing babies. Very many of you hate rugby, each to their own I say but I think this is genius marketing. CJ Stander was rightly sent off for peeling the head off Lambie. Very definitely a negative. But following the win, the redcard incident does the round in the media Youtube Vines etc but the lasting impression is not only did Ireland beat The Boks in South Africa but they did so with 14 men for 60 minutes and 13 for part of that!!! Anti-rugby people won't appreciate that but it's very smart spindoctoring. Seems when any media gives a negative report in a GAA story their marketing department do little to dampen it down. Leinster Rugby have radio ads for any matches that aren't sold out. Speculating to accumulate might get some new supporters off the ads. GAA top brass are content to do little marketing outside traditional GAA support in comparison. So RTE do have a kind of bias against GAA it seems but the GAA top brass does our game few favours. This rant contains very few facts and is purely my own opinion.

GreenandRed (National) - 15/06/2016 20:09:45

Mayo v Derry - 5 Like(s)
The ref didn't kick the wides that would have won us the game in Salthill. Nor in Limerick in 2014. Long past time we started to fix what we can rather than blaming outside influences for our own failings.

GreenandRed (National) - 23/06/2017 12:05:38

The Dubs propaganda machine. - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "I have to put john Costello's piece from his state of the Dublin GAA address during the week into the dubs propaganda thread. There were some classics in it saying they have to battle for the minds of the young people in Dublin after winning 5 allirelands. Funny man john."
Not as funny as you. A real Kerryman wouldn't take the Dubs dominance lying down and start bellyaching at every opportunity. Especially with such a conveyor belt of underage talent coming through. 2014 was only three years ago. No one thinks this anything but yerra.

GreenandRed (National) - 17/12/2017 14:16:52

Time to rebrand GAA grounds? (As Gaelic hubs) - 4 Like(s)
How would these GAA hubs promote the Irish language? Woukd they promote it to every age group? Who are the target market that the GAA hubs are going to sell the GAA and Irish culture to ? We could definitely do with promoting our language amongst our youth, many don't think it's cool. Feck being cool. We're Irish, it's our native language, sets us apart from other nations. I can see why many have no interest in speaking in the language but we can't just let it die.

GreenandRed (National) - 22/05/2016 21:54:13

Record Gate for the Ladies' Final - 4 Like(s)

Replying To 890202:  "You do realise that all ladies football clubs across the country are obliged to buy a certain amount of all Ireland final tickets? Plus there were 6 teams playing, so 6 sets of supporters"
Of course. There's no downside to this. A great turnout.

GreenandRed (National) - 24/09/2017 21:59:49

Jimmy's winning Chinese matches. - 4 Like(s)
link Jimmy's on the move again as his soccer coaching career goes onwards and upwards. The sky's the limit. The very best of luck to him and his family.

GreenandRed (National) - 30/06/2017 10:50:09

Can the GAA survive the Rugby onslaught - 4 Like(s)

Replying To tonydoranfan:  "I think them boys "took the soup""
A very petty thing to say about posters just because they also like non-GAA sports.

GreenandRed (National) - 16/03/2017 21:12:13

Financial Doping in the GAA - 4 Like(s)
The county with the largest population are getting the most money and have the most successful mens football team, their ladies are top two, their senior hurlers are now very competitive, top 8 I'd say but open to correction. As the other envious counties do we ? A. Bang our heads in despair at such seemingly unfair monetary advantages. Sure what chance have we, they could win 10 All Irelands in a row? Let's just give up. Or B. Observe that clearly the Dubs are getting bang for their buck. Even if we're on a lesser scale there are lessons for us to learn for how they use their resources. I don't know at all but I imagine there is accountability for their resources and time being allocated. Be it from an U14 that hasn't won games for years improving and winning three games in a summer to Galvin's men winning two in a row. Seems targets are being set and achieved and if not they are reviewed to see what could have been improved. Throwing money at something won't fix it if dedicated people, often volunteers, don't work hard to try and get the most for that money. Maybe other counties can improve by observing what the Dubs are doing to get the improvement results they get. What were the levels of the Dublin mens, ladies and their hurlers 6 years ago? Not where it's at right now for definite. We can complain all we like about their funding. Or we can try adapting what we do with the funding we have.

GreenandRed (National) - 14/10/2016 15:03:49

Why are the qualifier games not on TV? - 4 Like(s)
It's hard to believe that some people like GAA and Soccer, some like GAA and not Soccer, some like Soccer and not GAA and bizzarely some people don't like any sports of any description. And some people would complain if RTE showed all games today live today on TV and the player, or if Sky TV had all the games on or if BBC TV had all the games on. Because you can't please everyone.........

GreenandRed (National) - 17/06/2017 22:09:31