National Forum

Popular Posts from Richieq

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Donegal's Motion Fails - 12 Like(s)
I'm not surprised at all by this, it shows the direction the GAA is taking and it is not a good one. Croke Park was rebuilt with the intent of being the National stadium of the GAA, not the plaything of Dublin GAA, meanwhile Dublin bring forward no plan, no idea and in fact no intention of redeveloping or developing an existing or new ground fit for their needs, but why would they, they are content to spend thousands renting Croke Park for league matches where you can experience the awe of 14'000 odd supporters as recently seen v Galway and pay exhorbitant prices for food and drink. And god forbid you open your mouth to question this improper use of our GAA stadium or you run the risk of being burned at the stake by he witch hunting Dubs, opinions are no longer valid and some within the GAA are now so brainwashed they have completely lost the capacity for independent thought. One home game, one away game and one Croke Park game, that ever so simple concept can not be grasped by our legislators, try fail to see anything wrong with the current situation and then we have the great scribe that is John Costelloe, calling the mere thought of discussing this matter as "mean spirited", get on your bike John and start developing a fit for purpose home ground for your county like every other county has to do, Dublin have the cake and are eating it and the minions are happy to wipe their mouths afterwards.

Richieq (National) - 24/02/2019 14:15:43

Kildare Dis-Service To Smaller Counties - 9 Like(s)

Replying To jimbodub:  "It's called having an opinion. You should be allowed to express such without being judged on your place of birth."
I've no problems with anyone opinions Jim but good God when you have such a monopoly on the National GAA Stadium no Dublin supporter can come out with a statement like Kildare have done a disservice to smaller counties, they have done the opposite and when the draw is made for next years Leinster Chanpionship in October I expect any county potentially drawn at home against the Dubs to have a home draw. The die has now been cast as far as I can see, the amount of season ticket holders a county has or the capacity of a ground a county has should not dictate a fixture unless there are serious flaws within a ground such as structural decay etc. And maybe this will wake up the Dublin County Board who have slept on this for years, they have never been so able to draw finance to build their own 30'000 capacity ground which would do them perfectly for all league and championship games up to a Leinster Final, instead they throw away money renting Croker for league matches, what they have paid in rent would have laid a good few blocks in a new stadium already. And maybe these social media pages that supposedly support the Dubs and kick dust into the eyes of anyone beyond Dublin 15 for "having an opinion" should cop themselves on and realise that their are others who don't have the privileges of the bigger counties, don't enjoy the benefits of home games too often or decent gates or benefits to the local economy and are now willing to fight for what they should always have had in the first place.........a bit of fair play, and that's not being anti-Dub it's just being factual.

Richieq (National) - 27/06/2018 20:36:06

Meath V Tipperary NFL Rd 1 - 9 Like(s)

Replying To Young_gael:  "Seeing as youre in that kind of mood old fella, I think youre too opinionated and sometimes write garbage. So much for your own expertise. Thank you for welcoming me to the forum but I dont need a welcoming committee from you because its totally public."
Well that escalated quickly!!!!

Richieq (Meath) - 14/01/2019 21:21:18

Ballyragget - 9 Like(s)

Replying To gotmilk:  "Have to say fair play to the lads, they let their hair (among other things) down. Some of the reaction is ridiculous! Lads win trophy, lads go on a bender, lads have the craic. To those who question them or criticise them I say dry your eyes and grow up."
Having the craic and letting your hair down is fine but having the county trophy being used as a "milking bucket" and a sex act being performed in public, all under the reasoning of celebrating a county title is going too far, do it in private if you wish but keep the trophy and any association with your club out of it, I'm sure this is not the type of publicity Ballyragget wanted out of this and I'm sure the families of some of those photographed and videoed will be really embarrassed. I'm far from a conservative I can assure you but this was too much

Richieq (National) - 26/10/2017 12:44:10

Kildare Dis-Service To Smaller Counties - 9 Like(s)
I never cease to be amazed by the holier than thou attitude of some Dublin supporters who think that because of the exhaulted position of their senior footballers they can lecture all and sundry on the rights and wrongs of the GAA world, and lecture about other stadia and fixtures no less.......come on please. Kildare were right to go to war and they have won, Roscommon went to war and won, both venues will see a decent revenue from both games which will help upgrading both grounds which are planned. It's high time games are spread more evenly about the place, Croke Park has been diluted and the achievement of playing there has been reduced to "just another venue", when the Dubs are playing home league games there constantly it dilutes the venue, booking double headers in Leinster dilutes the venue, attempting to book qualifier matches as double headers dilutes the venue whereas fixing matches to provincial grounds creates atmosphere, utilises seriously underused facilities and brings much needed revenue to local businesses, many of whom give money to the GAA directly or indirectly and deserve payback of some sort. Instead of Dublin raking in more cash at extortionate prices this weekend premises in Newbridge and Enniskillen will get a shot, albeit it should be Cavan Town but since Cavan decided to rip up their pitch mid season well they have shot themselves in their own foot. What must poor Wicklow be thinking now? They should have had Dublin in Aughrim and could have had Dublin in Aughrim as what has transpired in the past 24 hours shows, now I hope the rest of Leinster and the country wakes up, follows suit and realises that yes they can host the bigger teams, plus the H&S people need to stop moving the goalposts, capacities of grounds are varying from year to year as rules and regulations change, time to put a stop to this ridiculous carry on and definitively state the capacity of each county ground and what works need to be done within a certain time frame therefore giving every county a fair chance. Perhaps the Dubs, seeing as they have been so vocal on this issue, will now pay heed to Jim McGuinness and "offer" to forego one of their Super 8 games, don't use this waffle that the Dubs are forced to play there, Kildare have shown how it's done, follow suit boys and make us all proud........

Richieq (National) - 27/06/2018 18:26:44

12 weeks for Connolly. Is a GAA Witch Hunt in progress? - 8 Like(s)

Replying To JayP:  "12 weeks. Typical GAA witch hunt.

A certain Mayo player grabbed a ref by the face in last years AI Final. Nothing mentioned about that at the time.

We could say GAA rules seem to only get enforced after Spillane and Co. on Sunday nights!"
Please explain how this is a witch hunt? I've seen the photo that plenty of Dubs have have resurrected of Keegan, ye must have all nearly crashed google searching for it, but do you or anyone else know the circumstances of that photo, I certainly don't so I don't know if it is comparable with the Connolly situation. Anyway it's irrelevant, two people have had similar suspensions handed down for indiscretions with match officials so there is plenty of recent precedent in such matters, dragging your old nemesis from Mayo into the fray does ye no favours I'm afraid

Richieq (National) - 06/06/2017 19:27:33

Meath V Laois - 8 Like(s)

Replying To Jack_Goff:  "Funny to think if we win this, many Dublin fans will have seen us play 3 times! I'm expecting a tough battle but unless we are 5+ down with 15 to go I think our fitness will see us through. The league final experience in Croker will stand to this team. I suppose you could say the same for Laois. They are Div 3 champs yeah? If we win will many of you attend the leinster final? The result is a foregone conclusion and it's not going to be cheap."
If Meath are in a Leinster Final I'll be there and so should we all, whether it's a forgone conclusion or not, that way of thinking has to change someday, the Dubs have two arms, two legs and a head the same as our lads but if your mental state is such that your going out to get an ass whipping then that's invariably what happens, positive thoughts gentlemen, positive thoughts

Richieq (Meath) - 27/05/2019 15:51:29

If The Dubs Were To Win 4 In A Row - 8 Like(s)
It's All Ireland weekend and your dragging out a newspaper article from 2 years ago, Christ sake lads will ye go enjoy your weekend and stop looking to stir sh*te and gain a reaction........

Richieq (National) - 31/08/2018 19:37:43

Meath v Donegal - 8 Like(s)

Replying To matthematx:  "Rooney is not coming back next year and where are the signs we are going no where ontill we have some good players as it stands not one meath player wouldmake the dublin team or bench thats nobodys fault its just a fact when we have top class players at least 5 we wont be winning anything look at cavan and roscomonn division 1 does not work miricials we would be hammered by dublin monaghan kerry .cavan went up last year snd wer beaten by tipp went we get players like giles fay murphy big mac and gg then we will compete the standard in meath is just not there we will just have to keep plugging away and show up for matches ontill good players are available"
Jesus here we go again making stupid statements about our players not being good enough for other teams, lads will ye give up on that load of b*****ks, we are trying to develop players for a Meath team not any other county. And we need promotion, we need to play teams like Donegal, Mayo, Dublin etc on a more regular basis or we will never we fully develop our players to their full potential, sure why don't we all sit at home and twiddle or thumbs for god knows how long until we discover these special players, I might remind you that players of the calibre of Lyons, O'Rourke, Cassels, McEntee etc suffered the indignity of defeats to the likes of Longford and Wexford before success came their way, they were lambasted in the same way some of the current players were and in 1985 when Laois cut them to pieces in Tullamore anyone who said we would win Leinster a year later would have been locked up, those players were thought to be not good enough just as many think today's players aren't good enough. Well I am not part of that school of thought and whilst I am not a blind optimist either I believe these players and management can have success, and I won't be sitting at home waiting for it to happen either.

Richieq (Meath) - 11/07/2017 13:15:32

Division 2 2018 - 8 Like(s)

Replying To Crinigan:  "Where did I say I hated Ashbourne, Kilbride, Dunboyne etc? And why would anyone hate Dublin people? Or are you are insinuating that you hate Dublin people? To quote your goodself..."Nobody in the county hates the Dubs more than those in Ratoath, Ashbourne and Dunboyne that have lived through a failed attempted invasion"....that's pretty strong lad. Isn't Trump the one that's supposed to hate immigrants? Are you the Irish Trump maybe? I did say however that since he doesn't seem to remember Paddy O Rourke playing a good game outfield for Meath and he thinks Mickey Newman is finished at 27, that maybe since he clearly hasn't a clue what he's talking about, he could be a recent addition to Rataoth and is therefore new to Meath football, which going by recent census figures is in fact a statistical probability. Now Take a deep breathe and relax yourself. And go easy on the Dubs, they are your fellow Irishmen."
Like the Dubs yourself do you? Mannerly and respectful towards you at all times are they? Never shove their cockiness in your face and claim "ah sure there was nothing out here till we moved out". Come out to Ratoath some night and bask in their presence so over a can or two of Dutch Gold sndva batter burger and you'll soon appreciate how much "Meath" the native Ratoath people are and how whilst outnumbered we still let everyone know that Ratoath is County Meath and not an extension of Dublin 15 as certain people from more northern reaches of the county like to proclaim from the sidelines.

Richieq (Meath) - 13/02/2018 20:17:11

Meath V Longford - 7 Like(s)
Ok hang on a minute, Pearse Park had a set capacity of 6000 with around 2000 seats!!!! To hell with this now, my understanding was that the game was to be played at Pearse Park, which I have no problem with, providing that works had been completed to a satisfactory level, now we hear the southern terrace is completely demolished and unavailable and only 2000 seats in the stand available, 2000 seats between both sets of supporters!!!! This is farce, they won't let Wicklow host the Dubs, they won't let Carlow host Kildare but they allow us to visit what is essentially a building site with a lower capacity of either Aughrim or Dr Cullen Park........maybe I'm overreacting here but to hell with it I think this is scandalous.

Richieq (Meath) - 25/05/2018 17:33:53

Meath V Down - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Meath_True:  "Positivity just before the Championship , is always a good thing . But please lets not be loosing the run of ourselves here , Down were atrocious even by Div. 2 standards . Look who have progressed out of Div 2 this year . We are clapping ourselves on the back when we beat a team that are as bad as a lot of the Div. 2 football has been this year . Totally inconsistent , look at Tipperary ,Meath , we are inconsistent and have been for a number of years . I hope we do get to remain in Div 2 , just for the sake of attempting to get to Div 1 next year otherwise we could very easily become the New Derry . It's not about good or bad footballers its about how you use them . Derry have good footballers , take a look at Slaughneill , however the Derry County set out is atrocious . And the county is suffering that system ....... Against Down there were a number pf passages of play that were direct and penetrating , and they got results . But there were also the periods of play where we were afraid to try to penetrate for fear of loosing the ball . They were atrocious . I counted numerous occasions where we took too much out of the ball ( hand passing laterally , and backwards ) and made absolutely no forward progress . Been on the back foot is not our style of football , 15 behind the ball is not our style of football . It gives us a false sense of security , and in reality our defence even with 15 behind the ball is not all that , recall the second half goal scored by Down , not one Meath player put in a telling tackle in before the ball was despatched to the net .By the way where is Harry Rooney , and or Daniel O Neill . Why was Mickey Burke introduced and not some one else that could fight for a starting position ? Eamon Wallace for all the speed that he did or has , slowed the ball down every time he got it . If it's not for his speed then what does he bring to the party , as his shooting was also out of a Div 3 -4 drawer . Again Tobin despatched his opportunity well when he got it , but there were numerous occasions that he made rus but was not spotted ...... Our problems with decision making still appear ."
Who's losing the fun of themselves?? Look we won a very important match we were under huge pressure to win and we kicked 4-14 and still you want to pick the negatives, if we lost we would be in Division 3 today and the place would be in uproar but we won and won well so just for today can we hail the effort and not crap all over the team for work rate and performance yesterday, it seems they are in an unwinnable position with some people here.

Richieq (Meath) - 26/03/2018 11:59:01

Colm's Challenge - 7 Like(s)

Replying To clondalkindub:  "ahHhhhhhh why did I say anything. Here we go again the same s#*t different day."
Yeah it is the same shit different day and why, because the GAA continually decide to ignore what O'Rourke called the "elephant in the room", here's more of the same shit that happens on different days.... Dublin will again play two Super 8 games in Croke Park in 2019 Dublin will again play all their NFL home games in Croke Park Dublin will again refuse to look at developing their own county ground that they need and their supporters deserve Dublin will again not have to play in tough, uncompromising places like Aughrim, Newbridge, Mullingar or Longford but will, if they do leave their home in Croke Park, have the higher comforts of Nowlan Park, Portlaoise or Tullamore. Hundreds of talented Dublin footballers will again see another 12 months go by where their talents will go unrewarded by not even having a trial or a run out at inter county level when he could be nearly gauranteed a starting place on any other county team in Ireland So the phrase "same shit" really covers a multitude when it comes to Dublin, O'Rourke is certainly not anti dub and for that matter neither am I but I do believe that Dublin at county board level are now so cosy and content that they have taken the eye off the ball in terms of developing their own facilities and according as much of the playing population as possible a chance of intercounty football. The GAA have a lot to answer for too, I don't blame Jim Gavin or his players in fact I'll applaud them lads for their efforts and brilliance all day long but the administrators in Parnell Park know that Croke Park aren't going to ruffle their feathers and that essentially they can do as they please, the football report of 15 years ago magically disappeared and Dublin carry on regardless and then not only sought to stay as one county but sought provincial status!!!! Where will it all end?

Richieq (National) - 19/11/2018 19:34:59

Meath v Westmeath O Byrne Cup final - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Tyronecelt:  "Go are don't go just stop crying about it!"
Some of your brethren haven't stopped crying since '96 about Meath so don't come on here lecturing

Richieq (National) - 17/01/2018 09:42:25

Meath V Clare - 7 Like(s)
Over in New York and by God I had an extra pep in my step walking about the place today, had a feeling this would be a tough game as Clare had some much to play for so to come away with a 5 point win was fantastic, plenty to work on still but the work rate and intensity is improving all the time. Very important to keep momentum going now and beat Fermanagh to seal promotion in style, if we though Navan was loud v Kildare by Christ wait till next Sunday :-)

Richieq (Meath) - 18/03/2019 00:48:00

Stephen Cluxton - 7 Like(s)

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Is no one going to comment on the cowardly sickening challenge on our keeper who was in the air defenseless and hit an hour late? You seemed to be all very worried about our games health last year when Connolly tickled the linesman but none of you seem to be worried about the kids after one of the worst late hits I've seen in years. I'm all for hard hitting and a physical game but yesterday was cowardly and that longford fella should get a big suspension. From what I'm hearing Cluxton season could be over."
It was a bad challenge, dangerous, and the offender was dealt with properly, what's the nature of the injury? Whilst your on it someone needs to take that Johnny Cooper fella and put him in a dark room to have a word with himself because that fella is going to be creamed by someone one of these days and he will deserve every square inch of it

Richieq (National) - 11/06/2018 16:23:06

Kildare V Mayo - 7 Like(s)

Replying To arock:  "if they have a ground, they don't"
They do have a ground and they are entitled to home advantage, they also have plans to redevelop their grounds something that I don't hear from the Dublin County Board........oh yes they're happy to pay out dead money on renting Croker and maintaining a monopoly instead of developing a proper home venue for Dublin supporters. I say fair play to Kildare it's time this shite about the amount of season ticket holders a county has or the capacity or amount of seats a ground has, stops dictating where games are held. The Dubs get two games in Croker in the Super 8's yet Kildare can't play a round 3 qualifier at home when drawn to do so, utterly ridiculous.

Richieq (National) - 25/06/2018 20:20:15

Meath V Clare - 7 Like(s)

Replying To cuttothebone:  "Something awful wrong with a system when either of these teams get in super 8's ahead of the likes Galway, Armagh or Cavan, but thems the breaks i suppose."
Out of the three you mention Armagh are the only team that can count themselves somewhat unlucky

Richieq (National) - 07/07/2019 16:40:09

Meath Vs Mayo - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Jackpot:  "Goodman Royaldunne. Championship is preparation for the league now. That's some statement."
I think what is meant is that being in the Super 8's gives us a real idea of what we will face in Division 1 and give us a much improved chance of surviving in it, Division 1 is crucially important to this team and surviving in it next year should be a priority, the more games this team gets against high level opposition the better it is for them.

Richieq (Meath) - 17/07/2019 18:56:29

Shame On GAA, Dublin GAA And Leinster Council - 7 Like(s)

Replying To BliainanÁir:  "You're twisting my comments. If you're not fit to stand up you're probably not fit to walk much? Why would you be going to a match, it always involves walking? Common sense. What an entitled attitude."
Waste of time putting those wheelchair spaces in Croke Park so wasn't it

Richieq (National) - 14/06/2019 22:17:15