National Forum

Popular Posts from MesAmis

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Gooch on Tyrone - 6 Like(s)
And what did ye get for drawing that game? KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts:5939 - 03/10/2017 22:30:23   2052873  A replay! I thought that much was obvious! Something Kerry could never get in the 00s off Tyrone.

MesAmis (National) - 03/10/2017 22:48:36

Tomas O Se - the King of Yerra - 6 Like(s)
The Yerra merchants were out in force all week pretending that they thought Cork had a chance today. It wasn't just Tomás, the whole Ó Sé clan was tipping Cork for a big performance. It's so patronising and disrespectful because you know that they don't believe a word of what they're saying. It's basically trolling Cork football.

MesAmis (National) - 02/07/2017 20:07:51

Car park - Clonliffe Road - 6 Like(s)
Getting the Luas from Hueston only gets you to Middle Abbey St., Busaras, or Connolly. All are min 20 mins walk from Croke Park, but a lot longer with young kids and requires walking through parts of the city that best avoided. Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts:917 - 06/08/2017 20:22:36 ???? It's not war torn Damascus bud. Thousands of us manage to live there without incident everyday believe it or not. "Area best avoided" me hole.

MesAmis (National) - 06/08/2017 21:07:24

Car park - Clonliffe Road - 6 Like(s)
I can't think of another part of any city or town in the 26 counties that would be less safe to walk through than the drug ravaged crime ridden hell hole that is the north inner city of Dublin. You may feel comfortable walking around there however. Onion Breath (Carlow) - Posts:919 - 06/08/2017 22:38:44   20299 Hyperbolic and offensive nonsense that really should not have been allowed to be posted on this site imo. You obviously live a very sheltered life if you wouldn't walk through the North Inner City (where Croke Pk is) on a match day alongside thousands of other match goers from all over Ireland. It must amaze you that all of those thousands of people emerge from their experience unscathed.

MesAmis (National) - 06/08/2017 23:38:50

Kildare V Armagh - 5 Like(s)

Replying To ziggy32001:  "what happened the great kildare team? told ye the meath game was your all-ireland."
Tonight really puts where Meath are in perspective though doesn't it?

MesAmis (National) - 29/07/2017 21:16:45

Dunphy on the Dubs - 5 Like(s)

Replying To SouthsideRossie:  ""..being admired and respected is one think. I don't think they will ever be loved....." Eammo, you got it in one, baby. My sentiments exactly, shared by everyone I know."
From Balbriggan to Kippure and from Lucan to the North Wall they'll be loved. What the rest of country or the odd crank thinks doesn't matter one iota.

MesAmis (National) - 23/09/2017 14:49:13

Well Done Lee Keegan !! - 5 Like(s)
Well done Lee. Superb footballer.

MesAmis (National) - 05/11/2016 02:06:17

Reasons To Ban Blanket Defence - 5 Like(s)
Go watch games form the past. Even the glorified days of the 90s. A lot of them were good, a lot of them were awful too. Go watch any sport, a lot of the games are good and a lot of the games are awful. Gaelic Football seems to be the only sport in the entire world that has to be perfect in some people's eyes. It's ridiculous. The game has been evolving quickly for the last 15 or so years. The last 15 years have given us some of the greatest Gaelic Football matches ever played. It has also given us some terrible games. Exactly like the 15 years before that and the 15 years before that etc etc etc. I'm not entirely against rule changes if they're intelligently thought out and extensively trialled. Not just thrown together because "something must be done" about a problem that doesn't actually exist. Gaelic Football is really the most resilient sport in the world. It has had nearly 2 decades of constant unwarranted criticism (that isn't backed up in anyway shape or form) but yet it is still by far the biggest sport in terms of attendances, player numbers etc in the country. The biggest threat to the game is the constant negativity being hurled at it. Negativity which is basically based upon the sport being a little different than what it used to be like. It's baffling that those who shout loudest are heard on this issue. The game has gone to the dogs despite their being more skill and more amazing scores than ever before. Seriously go and watch the standard of score taking and shooting in the past. It doesn't compare in any way favourably with the present.

MesAmis (National) - 31/05/2017 15:38:59

Meath vs Donegal - 4 Like(s)
Meath have better footballers than kildare but it didn't help. royaldunne (Meath) - Posts:11598 - 04/07/2017 09:45:07 Post of the year! How far must you think Andy is out of his depth if you genuinely believe the above?!

MesAmis (National) - 04/07/2017 19:00:58

12 stadia to make up Ireland's 2023 RWC Bid - 4 Like(s)
Sorry can't agree with you there. Why would you not rent out stadiums and showcase what the gaa has to foreigners and millions of people throughout the globe. Heck you could even showcase the stadiums to people in our own country who don't know what we have. gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts:3698 - 15/11/2016 13:17:47 A rugby cup won't showcase the GAA at all. Not definitely against it or anything but I just don't think that that is a reason for doing it. For me there are two reasons why the GAA should assist in this venture. 1. Investment in GAA facilities. 2. The negative hounding of the GAA from the private school educated media would be astronomical if they refused.

MesAmis (National) - 15/11/2016 13:52:34

Referee admits error... - 4 Like(s)
Well said Mes. The most successful county in Ireland and still they feel hard done by. The sense of entitlement is off the scale. Breffni39 (Cavan) - Posts:10989 - 23/03/2017 16:25:34 In fairness to them it's not just them. Although they're doing a fair amount of crying over split milk alright! I stand on the Hill for most Dubs games and hear the same idiot's giving out about every single free against Dublin or any 50/50 call that goes against Dublin. They're all cut from the same cloth. Idiots. The amount of abuse given to referees in all team sports is ridiculous. People need to grow up and accept that you get some decisions and don't get others.

MesAmis (National) - 23/03/2017 16:41:38

Confederate Flag - 4 Like(s)

Replying To OLLIE:  "[quote=MesAmis:  "But why are you surprised? OLLIE (Louth) - Posts:10795 - 16/08/2017 12:13:42   2034137  I was surprised because I didn't expect straw man arguments from you. The difference between the two scenarios is clear and obvious."
Do you find the flying of the Butchers Apron or people wearing poppies offensive?"]Again straw man argument that has nothing to do with Cork fans flying the pro slavery emblem. For what it is worth I don't think football clubs in England should put poppies on their shirts. In fact their ignorance of what the poppy actually represents reminds me a little of people's ignorance about the Confederate Flag.

MesAmis (National) - 16/08/2017 14:15:51

Leinster football championship - 4 Like(s)
I haven't bothered to read the whole thread but gonna assume it is essentially all about how Meath don't fear the Dubs (well from one poster in anyways!). Meath don't fear the Dubs. 2 wins this century. No fear ;)

MesAmis (National) - 19/04/2017 12:33:49

Seo Spóirt axed by TG4 - 4 Like(s)
Oh dear...may as well petition get rid of the Irish language content as well so...in English of course bad.monkey (USA) - Posts:4299 - 12/02/2017 14:17:20 The language of the station or show is irrelevant to the language the petition is in. The people who started the petition like the show. That's all, it doesn't matter what language it is in. If an English language station was showing something like 'The Killing' and cancelled it, would you dismiss a petition set up to reinstate it if that petition wasn't in Danish?

MesAmis (National) - 15/02/2017 08:17:35

Leinster Football. Falling behind the pack - 4 Like(s)

Replying To Ulsterman:  "It's the old cliché but it's not rocket science. Many of us warned that Croke Park's fixation with Dublin was going to affect the game in the long run and it has. How can the other Leinster counties approach their Championship with any realistic hope of success? What GAA player from Laois, Westmeath or Carlow etc wants to slog his guts out for 6 months and sacrifice their home life to get a 25+ point pasting from a Dublin side professional in name only? What fan wants to fork out 100's of Euros to watch such a humiliation? Corporate Croke Park have buried their head as the dollars have rolled in with Dublin's annual coronation. The shameful thing is that the GAA probably don't really care so long as Kerry and Dublin battle it out every year. KERRRCCHHHINGGG!"
The Big Bad Wolf theory doesn't explain the rest of Leinster's bad record against teams that are not Dublin though. Dublin can only knock them out of the Leinster Championship.

MesAmis (National) - 29/07/2017 21:56:54

Giant Flags on Hill16 - 4 Like(s)
Love the way some GAA people think it's the ultimate insult to refer to someone as a soccer fan. Like it's something to be ashamed of. MedwayIrish (Wexford) - Posts:2036 - 26/07/2017 11:08:32 Its usually directed at the Dubs too! It's a not so subtle "you're not a fíor Ghaeil like us pure bloods" dig most of the time.

MesAmis (National) - 26/07/2017 12:02:46

Dublin bullying of media... - 4 Like(s)
It happened last year! For weeks after the all ireland semi final, Dublin fans on here said kev mcmenamons hit at the end of the Kerry game was fair and compared it to omahoneys earlier in the game. David Gough has since said he got it wrong, that omahoneys shoulder was fine but he didn't see mcmenamons and would've given the free in if he had. cavanman47 (Cavan) - Posts:2590 - 02/07/2017 19:15:46 Did many, or any at all, Dublin posters claim that McManoman's hit should not have been a free in? Or are you just sadly making things up? I think most posters recognised, once we had all seen numerous slow motion replays, that the ref got it wrong. Just like he should have given a free in to Dublin for O'Mahoney's hit too. If you're claiming that O'Mahoney's hit was fine then you're opinion on that issue can be discarded as you're clearly wrong. Just like I'd be clearly wrong to say that McManoman's hit was fine. Both were fouls that were not given. It happens in all games.

MesAmis (National) - 02/07/2017 20:16:22

Was the 00's the golden period for football. - 4 Like(s)
I remember during the 2000s it was labelled by the same doom merchants that we have now as the worst time ever for football. It saw the birth of the blanket and puke football. People were walking away from the game in their thousands, the game was dying, all across the land football pitches were being turned into rugby pitches such was the speedy death of football. No one would watch games let alone play football. The GAA fiddled while Rome burned. That was the type of thing being said on TV, radio, on here and in the paper in anyways. Football really is the most resilient sport around. It has had almost 15 years of blanket criticism from all angles and yet remains the biggest sport in the country.

MesAmis (National) - 26/07/2016 10:21:45

Sympathy votes - 4 Like(s)

Replying To neverright:  "The comment is not on his ability as a player but on his performances. As the Mayo poster pointed out, he was outplayed for most of the final but had a strong finish after O'Shea tired and was withdrawn."
He wasn't playing in midfield for most of the final whilst Mayo were dominant in that sector. He went to half back when McCaffrey was taken off injured in the first few minutes. Mayo's dominance of the midfield area began to wane when McCarthy was moved back there after half time. It's amazing what people see and don't see from games imo. In anyways Andy Moran was fully deserving of POTY but to suggest McCarthy was dominated by the Mayo midfield is plainly wrong seeing as it was only in the second half of the game that he was directly up against them and in that second half he was, quite simply, the dominant figure in the match.

MesAmis (National) - 07/11/2017 10:17:03

The quiet time - 4 Like(s)

Replying To Pinkie:  "What about your club?"
He means the quiet time on HS.

MesAmis (National) - 13/10/2017 13:55:44