National Forum

Popular Posts from waynoI

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

2019 Division 1 League Final. - 14 Like(s)
Jesus a Kerry man interested in a league final ? If this continues someone will need to take matters into their own hands and hire a mini bus

waynoI (National) - 24/03/2019 20:40:16

Leinster Football Championship - 11 Like(s)
Furlong. You really need to get out more honestly.

waynoI (National) - 14/04/2019 10:53:55

Kildare V Meath - 10 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Just heard graham Reilly had a back injury (not first time) that explains how he wasn't near as fast. The question that it leaves open though is why did he play?"
Back injury ? Probably pulled a muscle trying to get out of Hylands pocket..

waynoI (National) - 18/06/2017 15:42:21

"Why Should Anybody Have The God-Given Right To See All Games On Television?" - 10 Like(s)
"Why should anybody have the God-given right to see all games on television? That was never the case back in the day and we all survived. Just because it's a luxury that's available nowadays and some people can pay for it, other people may choose not, and we'll all have the luxury of seeing highlights afterwards if we didn't go to the game." ________________________________ I don't think I've read something so spot on RE: televised games in all my life. People might not like hearing it, but its true. Good man Mickey. All this mumbo jumbo about the elderly who cant make it to the game, or people who cant afford it, or those in care homes etc, while its unfortunate and not nice that those people cant see their county play on tele, What about 30 or 40 years ago when there was one game a week if you were lucky?. How did the elderly, people who couldn't get to the game itself, or those in care homes manage to see their county back then ? They didn't. And whats more, it only seems to be an issue talked about for the big games. What about followers of Sligo football for example ? Wicklow, Antrim football. The ulster and Connaught hurling teams ? None of their games were broadcast live to the elderly or those who couldnt afford to go to in Sligo, Wicklow, antrim etc. Nobody cared about them. Nobody was having a go at RTE/SKY etc for not showing Any Wicklow football games to the elderly in Bray or Greystones, those in Wicklow care homes that may want to watch their county. The fact of the matter is this, There is more GAA games shown live/exclusively live now than ever before. Its impossible to please everyone. Its unfortunate but if for whatever reason you cant go the game and its not shown on tele, then that's just how it is. Some of us support other teams in other sports, we cant go to all their games, we cant watch them all on the box either, you don't hear other fans giving it socks about their organisations being a disgrace. Its impossible to show every single inter county game on tele, and every single club game on tele. Impossible. But of course you have the cry-a**ing GAA people who moan and whinge and want everything for free, as if the whole organisation runs on monopoly money. Have a day off. I drive a VW golf, and id love to buy a brand spanking new one in January, but I cant afford it. So I wont get one. Do I expect VW to just bend over and hand me one FOC cause I want one ? no. So why should we expect to be able to watch games for free on the telebox ? Where does this type of pathetic, entitlement come from ?

waynoI (National) - 06/08/2019 13:47:13

Mythbusting - 10 Like(s)
Just want to dispel a couple of myths here. Myth 1 People who exclaim "the fun is gone out of our games" Sorry, but this idea that sport has to be fun and entertaining to put arses on seats is a load of me hole. Sport at the highest level, professional or otherwise is only about winning, and you will only enjoy it when you are winning. If teams maybe have to adapt certain tactics including my own to see big, important games out, so be it. But this notion that its all just a bit of craic, especially when the game is gone so professional is lunatic asylum sort of stuff. Fun = winning. You will never find a team panel/group of fans in any team sport on the bleedin globe who will be buzzing their t*ts off cause they where entertained, yet lost a very close open game, or even worse, got their backsides handed to them on a plate. I don't think ive heard of a player for Dublin, Donegal, Kerry, anyone... leave a panel because they don't like the style of play their coaches/managers are adapting, players leave panels because they just don't have the desire to put in all the effort to get absolutely murdered with no realistic chance of even minute success, and fans of those counties, well, whats their motivation to spend their hard earned doller ? which brings me to Myth 2 "Fans will vote with their feet if this defensive shite carries on" Nonsense, Absolute total, and utter, nonsense!! How many times have I seen people like Hill and clondalkin (lads, only naming you guys as examples, not having a go, youre entitled to your views, I respect them) come on here (and my fellow dubs aren't the only ones) and tell us that the game is dying, the aren't being entertained, and yet, if I'm not mistaken both of you guys made a three and a half hour trip up to Donegal yesterday KNOWING how Donegal could set up as you've both been giving out about it since 2010! Fact is, Fans who love their team will travel to the moon to watch their team, Whether they are playing against an all out blanket or a team who will go toe to toe and suffer a horrible 20pt + defeat. Fans are not voting with their feet, Attendances in the league so far especially in D1 are huge, why ? Because its competitive. Facts don't lie, attendances for the early provincial championship games in leinster and munster in particular are falling off a cliff, But where there are competitive games, the crowds will gather in their 1000's Nobody would want to spend their hard earned money going to watch me fight Anthony Joshua in Croker cause it would be embarrassing for Anthony Joshua and wouldn't last long as a contest. That's sport. Competitiveness draws in crowds, the style of football doesn't stop people going.

waynoI (National) - 27/02/2017 13:02:50

Dublin V Louth - What A Farce - 10 Like(s)

Replying To greysoil:  "House rules: These message boards are intended to be used for Gaelic Games related discussions and are aimed to be family friendly. Any bad language or abusive comments will see messages deleted, as will any attempts to post offensive or defamatory contributions. Please only post messages which are your own work and not anything that infringes on other peoples' copyright. Lynn Group reserves the right to delete or edit any messages posted on this website and asks you to act responsibly in your use of this forum."
If you dont see that this post is in jest then I worry for you.

waynoI (National) - 04/06/2019 22:38:56

All the talk about Ulster!!!!Connacht is the strongest - 10 Like(s)
Looking forward to Sunday immensely now, not only will I get to see two very good games (hopefully) but when all is said and done we will get to see the captains of Mayo, Roscommon and Galway climb the steps of the Hogan to lift the "we have more teams in the last 8 than you" trophy.

waynoI (National) - 23/07/2017 10:49:04

My 2019 Wish List: - 10 Like(s)

Replying To Trump2020:  "I'm hoping for Corofin and St Thomas's to win on St Pats Day assuming both get there of course. The Galway hurlers to be All Ireland Champs again. The Galway footballers to reach the All Ireland final and stop the mighty Dubs from getting 5 in a row. All the Galway underage teams give a good account of themselves. Connacht to go unbeaten in Rugby in 2019. Conor Whelan to be Hurler of the Year. Daniel Cormer to be Footballer of the Year. Ireland to be unbeaten in Rugby in 2019. Conor McGregor to win 2 or more fights. Katie Taylor to win any fights she's in. Ronnie O'Sullivan to dominate in snooker. Etc etc etc"
My wishes. Sporting - Dublin to win Sam and become the first ever team to win 5 in a row. Liverpool to win the premier league. Personal - My family to remain healthy For me to overcome my battle with mental health issues.

waynoI (National) - 01/01/2019 23:55:19

Mayo Ladies Walk Out - 9 Like(s)
Very interesting to see arock completely ignore mesamis and the questions he asked .. For me, from what I've heard from both sides, I feel the girls ought to be absolutely ashamed of their behaviour in how they have come out and publicly castigated the mayo set up and management and is totally disrespectful to the ladies who remained behind. No evidence. No proof of anything they are saying, vilifying a guy in the media and won't go into detail but are alright with hanging him over the edge of the cliff and allowing rumours to start to the point where the guy has to defend himself. All should have been kept in house .. feel so sorry for leahy. Hopefully he is fully vindicated and those mayo ladies never play for their county again

waynoI (National) - 19/09/2018 15:16:54

Forum Becoming Boring - 9 Like(s)

Replying To kildare73:  "You telling me I'M obsessed is the very definition of irony! The obsession I'm afraid is on your side of the fence my friend, your posts just goes to show that. And then you go on to copy and paste your exact reply to me from another thread here. I respect your love of all things Meath, we all love our counties. I just can never see the point of repeating the same stats time and again. Once they are there, they are there. And I mean no offence but i have already taken your advice and I do zip past some of your posts because I've pretty much read them before. The only thing I will say to you is this, history is nice to look back at now and again but modern day football is a very different animal to yesteryear and has no real bearing. Finance, S&C, tactics,etc are so different to even ten years ago. Also just so you know, I don't do Twitter!"
I do zip past them too. Listen, I'm sure what furlong doesn't know about gaa football, I could write on the back of a stamp. He has encyclopedic knowledge. The issue is..... how many people willingly pick up and start reading an encyclopedia In their spare time ? Not many. I read one or two posts, but now i just cant be bothered which is a bit sad considering the time and effort he goes to but I've no interest in what happened in gaa circles or who won what in the 20s or 30s

waynoI (National) - 16/04/2019 11:15:18

'Hope you're scared, coz you've every reason to be!' - 9 Like(s)
One of the lines thrown out on social media today by a Mayo social media platform on hearing the news that Cormac Reilly will referee in Castlebar on Sunday.

Now, everyone on here knows that social media pages like the one in question have to be taken with a pinch of salt as they are run by a load of clowns, And I'm sure this is NOT the level of vitriol isn't shared by the majority of Mayo fans

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=268271

Read and weap!! holy jesus.

I mean, Its 3 years ago now, move on.

Cormac Reilly, like all referees, have an incredibly difficult job and I certainly don't envy them, to put a guy under so much scrutiny before a league game, let alone a championship game, is so out of order.

I know Cormac personally, He is a wonderful man with a lovely family. Quiet and unassuming, pleasant and well mannered, no airs and graces, just a normal joe with a passion for refereeing, He puts in an awful lot of work that goes unnoticed all through the years.

You'll never see anyone talk about the effort and commitment in training referees put in on the cold winters mornings, But they work just like the footballers do, And they are praised for their commitment tenfold, rightly so. But refs do it too.

I know that they understand tensions run high and they will never please everyone, But this kind of nonsense from, albeit a minority of Mayo fans is disheartening and would turn anyone off refereeing.

Wish Cormac and his officials well at the weekend. And I hope to god they don't read some of the nonsense on social media about this appointment.

waynoI (National) - 28/03/2017 15:27:37

Forum Becoming Boring - 9 Like(s)
Ive basically given up on this now, used to post almost every day, cant be bothered anymore. Recently tried to set up a basic thread that broke NONE of the "house rules" on what achievement would be bigger, Dublin winning 5 in a row or Mayo breaking their long wait, I tried to post it 3 times as a genuine conversation starter and every time the admin have blocked it. It was GAA games related, family friendly, no bad language or abusive comments and I certainly didnt attempt to post offensive or defamatory contributions and of course I typed the message myself which rules copyright. I just wish we could hear from the admins .. Give us reasons why you wont allow certain posts. This place has definitely become lifeless and boring and id be pretty sure the numbers on these forums are down over the years.

waynoI (National) - 14/04/2019 10:50:14

Meath V Dublin Leinster Final. - 8 Like(s)
On the team itself?? Jim will name a team and likely make a change before hand depending on the availability of Cooper and possibly Dean Rock 1. Stephen Cluxton - 6 All Irelands, 14 leinsters, 5 NFLs, 5 all stars. 2. David Byrne - 4 all Irelands, 5 leinsters, 4 NFL's 3. Mick Fitzsimons - 6 all Irelands, 7 leinsters, 5 NFL's 4. John Small - 4 all Ireland medals. 3 Leinsters, 3 national leagues 5. James McCarthy - 6 all Irelands, 7 leinsters, 5 national football leagues. 3 all stars 6. Cian O'Sullivan - 6 all Irelands, 8 leinster titles, 5 NFLs, 3 all stars. 7. Jack McCaffrey - 4 all Irelands. 5 leinsters, 3 NFLs. former POTY anf YPOTY, 3 all stars 8. Brian Fenton - 4 all Irelands, 4 leinsters, 3 NFLS, current POTY, 3 all stars 9. MDMcA - 6 all Irelands, 7 leinsters, 5 NFLs, 2 all stars 10. Brian Howard - 1 all Ireland, 1 leinster, 1 all star. 11. Ciaran Kilkenny - 5 all Irelands, 5 leinsters, 4 NFLs. 3 all stars 12. Niall Scully - 2 all Irelands, 2 leinsters. 13. Cormac Costello - 4 all Irelands, 5 leinsters, 4 NFLs 14. CON - 3 all Irelands. 3 leinsters. 15. Paul Mannion - 4 all Irelands, 4 leinsters, 4 NFLs Dublins potential starting team between them : All Irelands - 64 / Leinsters - 80 / All stars - 23 / POTY/YPOTY - 3 Meaths potentially starting team according to RD : All Irelands - 0 / Leinsters - 0 / All stars - 0 / POTY/YPOTY - 0 The biggest David v Goliath clash since 9/6/19 when Dublin played Kildare.

waynoI (National) - 16/06/2019 13:39:14

Dublin Vs Galway - 8 Like(s)

Replying To oakleafersir:  "Dublin will be itching for a win after their defeat today against Monaghan; they weren't as sharp as they were at the beginning of the league last year in this game; I wouldn't be starting Cooper or Small for this one if I was them. As for Galway they seemed to have started slow and end with with a bit of luck today. I think Galway will have Silke and Burke available again next week which will be a huge bonus for them, could Comer be back next week? I'm looking forward to this one; Dublin are there for the taking this year as proven today. Think home advantage will be a boost for Dublin; hoping for a Galway win but going for Dublin. Should be a good one. Dublin +3"
alot of very wild assumptions on Dublin on the back of one league game there OLS. Not as sharp as they where at the beginning of last years league, we lost to monaghan by 3 points in Clones with Cluxton, Osullivan, mcmahon, kilkenny, brogan, mccarthy, mccaffrey, connolly and one or two others sitting at home, apart from mullally, not one of the Dublin starting team played a minute of county football since the all ireland final last year, and have only been back training in the past two weeks, Monaghan had plenty more work done in preperation for this. While i agree we clearly arent unbeatable (the one thing you CAN take from today's game against Monaghan, without making premature assumptions) is that we are beatable. There for the taking, we will see in the summer, but absolutely nothing in that game today made me worry about the year ahead, dont you be worrying about dublin, we will crack on and keeping plodding along and see where it takes us. As for the game next week, another chance to get minutes in the legs, try out a few things, and take it as another test in what is a league campaign that ultimately is all about getting prepared as best we can for the summer, Most years i think dublin would look at the league as another nstional title as we head toward the summer, bearing in mind we are trying to do what no team has ever done before, i think you can say all the eggs are in the.championship basket and the league in terms of defending it for me anyway is an irrelevance, weve another 6 70 minute conditioning games, and who knows, maybe a league final although i doubt it, priorities in order, everything is gearing full steam ahead towards the summer. So yeah galway might beat us next week, reckon we will be safe in the division. No drama, no collapses. Alls good

waynoI (National) - 27/01/2019 21:40:42

Meath V Dublin - 8 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Can't not start Conlon imo. If nothing more his runs will free up Newman, he is the only player that Dublin seem genuinely worried about. So yeah start him, definitely. It's all or nothing"
how do you know who Dublin are/aren't worried about ? you go on like this "In The Know" character on here. Nobody knows anything about what the Dublin management feel outside of the camp cause nothing gets out. You have told this fantasy story about how some fella in the stand in PL was raving about James Conlon v Carlow And you expect us to take your word on that ? Have a day off dude! You chat absolute guff, nothing you say can be taken seriously.

waynoI (Meath) - 16/06/2019 13:58:49

2019 Division 1 League Final. - 8 Like(s)

Replying To Horsebox77:  "The hill will be rocking!!!"
Of course it will ive no doubt about it. Mayo always bring a huge crowd and make a bit of a racket.

waynoI (National) - 24/03/2019 21:54:05

Donegal V Meath - 8 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Long journey back last night on bad roads, and I still couldn't figure out how the hell we managed to lose that game. First off well done to donegal they never gave up even when been outplayed for a hour of the match, our defense is up there with the best , and fair play to them . A freaky goal that shouldn't have went in should have just kicked us on, instead we went to pieces, is there a sports psychologist working with Meath team? Cause if not the cb need to employ one on Monday morning. . Again well done to donegal, I hope we might have another date later in this campaign. As for Meath? That can't effect the mind, the talent is there particularly with our strong back lines and and the new youngsters coming on to panel. We have the speed , we have the ability we have the game plan. But we don't have mental toughness and until that is sorted we won't be winning these type of games."
"Our defence is up there with the best" What in the name of god are you basing that on lol ? Two league games against Tipp and Donegal ? The O'Byrne cup ? Or are you basing it on the team who lost to Longford in last years leinster ? The 2018 league campaign where only Louth who finished bottom had a worse pts against than Meath while avoiding the drop to D3 by a point ? I know youre positive, but there is a difference between being positive and being completely and utterly deluded. Ah well, I suppose the only person your ridiculous over-hyped expectations v harsh reality can upset is yourself. Youd be brilliant at marketing our games though, you have an unreal ability to paper over cracks and make the garden out to be rosey when in fact the garden along with the whole house is up in flames. Id be worried about Meaths fitness. They couldn't get the winner against Dublin in the OBC, and yesterday didn't score at all in the last 20 minutes.

waynoI (National) - 03/02/2019 13:13:35

Dubs v Kerry. - 8 Like(s)

Replying To clondalkindub:  "I'll be happy drunk around this time next week so Wayne , you still off the drink? How's the gym going? You getting bigger arms n ripped stomach ?"
I will have one or two on a match day if I head out afterwards man. Still in the gym yea. Its changed me completely I had been struggling for a long time with depression, Something I'm not ashamed to admit it. There was a two year period between 2012 and 2014 where I practically lived on this thing, Hid myself away from the outside world. Lost my job, lost a childhood friend to suicide, lost my motivation, lost my confidence and my ability to interact with real people, found solace in talking to people on here instead of the people i care about, and people who care about me. Eating shite made me feel better and my diet was really bad, processed foods and chips/noodles on a daily basis, couple of litres of coke a day, crisps, sweets.. Staying up til 3 and 4 in the morning, waking up the following day at 1 or 2 and spending all day in bed. Was a really rough time on a personal level and tough on my family who just didn't know what to do with me. Woke up one morning and just thought I don't want to be like this anymore, That's when I start going to the gym. I suppose the point I'm making is that, While a lot of people go to the gym to try and look good, I am not really about that. Sure its good to see results, But I would rather feel the results and that's what motivates me. The main thing for me isn't about abs, big arms, looking good. Its irrelevant. The one thing I want and get from the gym is that when I go in there the 4 or 5 times a week I go, I can go in not feeling all that great and come out feeling brilliant. The wonders that exercise and being active does for your state of mind I cannot put into words. I feel in control again, The gym and eating healthy has played a major role in that. Long answer to a short question. Sorry man :)

waynoI (Dublin) - 21/08/2016 22:04:18

Donegal's Motion Fails - 8 Like(s)

Replying To Kingdomson:  "As a Kerryman and being completely selfish, I'm more than happy to play Dublin all they want to in our national stadium of Croke Park and I actually prefer this. Moreover, Kerry have zero fear of playing Dublin in Croke Park or wherever but that's not what this issue is about. Although it would be fun if Dublin came down to Killarney some summer for a high stakes super 8 match (perhaps some day), and i still have those great memories of when we played the Dubs in Semple Stadium for a quarter final. Leaving county allegiance aside and taking a helicopter view here, all this is really about money. 'Ah think, about the poor people and children who can't see the game' - really? How stupid does Costello think people are? Obviously, quite stupid. This is all about bringing more money in for the GAA at the end of the day and nothing to do with fairness. At least a true blue Dub like Paddy Cullen can admit it's an unfair advantage and I think most decent and honest people can all agree it's an unfair advantage, despite the crowing on these boards. I think Mayo's Kevin McStay put it well. McStay dismissed the notion that playing a big championship game in the 9,000-capacity Parnell Park would see too many supporters miss out. "What happens if Halifax Town are playing Manchester United in round six of the FA Cup?" he argued. "There's live TV now. Nobody will not get to see the game." Your right Kevin but think of all that money that would be missed out on. Greed is number one and fairness is an after thought. PS: Congress, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, to hell with fairness, vote against this and we'll look after you, sort you out with a grant or what not."
I agree its an unfair advantage, its absolute b****x mate BUT 64% of county delegates voted against changing that advantage and i cant get my head around it. Its like a vegan sitting in a restaurant eating a steak, drinking a glass of milk wearing sheep skin coat. It goes completely against what they believe and makes hypocrites of the whole lot. Nonsense.

waynoI (National) - 23/02/2019 23:58:32

No Fans Allowed On Croke Park Pitch - 8 Like(s)
Fans shouldn't be so selfish anyway. What gives any fan a right to go onto the field after the game ? The players put their whole lives on hold for 7 8 9 months of the year and on the occasion they win something they should be able to enjoy it with their fellow players and walk around the pitch parading the trophy to their fans, not only is it selfish but incredibly dangerous as people can get seriously injured in a crush, kids can get separated from their parents too ... totally unnecessary. The pitch is for players, the stand and terraces for fans

waynoI (National) - 20/08/2018 15:11:58