National Forum

Popular Posts from ziggy32001

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Carlow vs Wexford - 7 Like(s)

Replying To waynoI:  "Cant wait for this. Has the makings of an all time classic.....Sigh! As an aside, why are Admin setting up threads ?"
wayno its not all about dublin,a bit of respect for all teams.. this may be tricky for the yellow bellies,they may just do it..

ziggy32001 (National) - 16/05/2017 20:20:01

Meath v Donegal - 6 Like(s)
sorry but i am fuming.. the lads gave it their all and proud of them,but some awful decisions from the ref,especially in the closing stages won them the game. clear push from murphy on menton lead to a score and a double hop for another late point.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 08/07/2017 20:46:18

Donegal V Dublin - 6 Like(s)

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Very poor game of football today. two woeful performances from each side. referee had the two biggest moments in the game in awarding the first goal incorrectly when it was a clear square ball and then the free at the end was for what exactly? If anything the Donegal forward was the only player with hand on an opposition player. in all honesty we should have been out of sight long before the goals. the over doing of passing the ball instead of having a go at the posts is something that is becoming too obvious to opposition teams. Poor team selection from Gavin today aswell it was a forward line lacking any firepower he selected. Donegal were there typical selves dour boring and refusing to kick the ball in the first half yet they were rewarded for it like a mask murderer winning the euromillions by getting two freak goals. felt the pitch was borderline unplayable aswell for the most part."
how dare anyone put it up to the dubs! :)

ziggy32001 (National) - 26/02/2017 17:36:03

Meath versus Galway - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "Decent performance but still a lot to work on. The increased workrate was the main improvement. Harman was brilliant for the first half but the lack of match fitness got to him in the second half. Lenehan was making great runs throughout the game and COS finally found him for the goal. Negatives: Midfield cleaned out again. Too many of Galway's defenders went forward without being tracked. We went far too long in the second half between scores again. Deegan was atrocious. Menton and Keogan both made great tackles in the second half but we're penalized which resulted in a Galway point. Great win. We're still in with a shout of promotion but survival should still be the main aim."
deegan has a serious problem with meath,it is not right..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 05/03/2017 19:25:29

Meath v Louth - 5 Like(s)
After watching the fitness,courage,teamwork,will to win,belief from the hurlers,who were underdogs in their last 3 games and massive underdogs yesterday,its now up to the footballers. All this is whats been lacking and that comes from management in my view.Can they take this on board and turn things around? If they do,then they will beat Louth and do it comfortably and also give Dublin a game,because we have the players to cause problems.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 05/06/2016 13:16:16

Mayo vs Roscommon - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Tirchonaill1:  "AOS and COC are experts at getting players booked too, for a big man the amount of times AOS acts like he's tied up at the ankles by a simple tackle is baffling, simulation is alive and well and living in Mayo. Rossies aren't coming out for the second half, on the bus quick and away home."
mind you murphy often goes down too easy too eh?

ziggy32001 (National) - 07/08/2017 14:38:32

Championship Restructure?? - 5 Like(s)

Replying To juicy:  "I have seen numerous comments through the different topics regarding the club championship and it got me thinking. Is there any issues with the club championship in its current format? Personally I would say 'No'. If you look at the vast majority of games there is very little between the teams. People will argue that it is not competitive but if that was the case then there would be a lot of hammering occurring. If you look at the Dublin Championship, which is generally regarded as the most competitive in the country, the facts dont stack up. The top 4/5 teams are close but the remaining teams there is a massive difference in terms of quality. I think we have a competitive championship and i think the major point here is competitive. I dont think it is a good championship in terms of quality, hence why the champions struggle in Leinster. But the quality has got nothing to do with the structure. Opinions?"
really? we have the worst championship in the country in terms of system. the clubs really made a balls of it last year and it should be changed regardless of what the clubs think.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 04/08/2017 16:30:59

Cork v Meath - 5 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Can I have salt and vinegar with that chip there lad"
this guy has a serious problem with our manager,that or he knows o'dowd...

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 09/03/2017 18:52:26

Meath vs Kildare 5th February - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Royalio11:  "No Menton No Forde No Power No McMahon Really?"
If all these players are available and fit I would go.. 1.Hannigan 2.Keoghan 3.McGill 4.Burke 5.James McEntee 6.Harnan 7.Forde 8.Menton 9.D.Tobin 10.Kennelly 11.Reilly 12.O'Sullivan 13.Lenihan 14.Newman 15.McMahon

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 22/01/2017 20:45:43

Next Year - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Seantobinforsam:  "Should andy be given another year or is it about time he left"
sigh....................................

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 16/07/2017 00:08:20

New players for Meath panel - 4 Like(s)

Replying To cilles man:  "Jordan Browne would be 19/20 Ben is in his early 20s, Conlon playing well scoring 2/3 points game."
What positions do they play in?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 11/08/2016 18:21:13

Meath v Louth - 4 Like(s)

Replying To Htaem:  "Ye I don't think McDonagh is particularly physically imposing either, but MOD seems to prefer small fast players rather big physical lads. I wouldn't mind seeing a physical FF line with Newman and Tormey in around the square and you could have Wallace running off them to add pace. But either way, again I'd rather see a team full of players who know their position and their role and are capable of fulfilling both."
Agree with you 100% Htaem.. If we are playing Tormey I would play him in there.Wallace works well working off Newman.He is a player(Wallace) that I would name corner forward,but I would play him between the lines of the half forward line and full forward line.His best games for Meath are in this role.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 10/06/2016 12:21:26

Intermediate Final - 4 Like(s)
I think Dunderry have done well to get to the final.You just never know but I felt the winners of Walterstown and Colmcilles would win this competition.Also that fright will be good for Cillies.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 03/10/2016 18:20:19

Meath v Sligo - 4 Like(s)

Replying To browncows:  "Would ye have won that game last year, I doubt it as ye were hammered in second halve every game ye played. joeblogs10 (Dublin) Your incorrect and I would expect to beat a Div 3 or Div 4 team. I know it is irrelevant but if memory serves me correctly came from 8 or 9 points down against Galway last year to draw the match."
eh most of our games we fell apart in the 2nd half. we were 9 points up on galway at half time...

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 02/07/2017 18:06:36

Replying To username.if:  "You suggest he's not county standard? How do you know? Seeing a lad play a couple of times then come on here and right off a young lads future potential is wrong Keith"
Maybe in the future,but not right now from what I have seen.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 17/08/2016 16:09:33

Replying To username.if:  "You suggest he's not county standard? How do you know? Seeing a lad play a couple of times then come on here and right off a young lads future potential is wrong Keith"
What would be your opinion on him?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 17/08/2016 16:10:08

Replying To Journeyman6:  "Having seen quiet a few intermediate games this year , I think there are a few strong players Andy could get the best out of and turn them in to better senior county players. For example Ciaran Kelly St.Colmcilles, Cian McPartland Oldcastle and Daire Lynch Trim. These lads are relatively young and are playing well on strong intermediate teams"
Is James Toher good at the football?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 17/08/2016 16:11:32

Meath vs Kildare 5th February - 4 Like(s)

Replying To TakeYourPoints6:  "Dan O Neill was taken off after 30 mins yesterday for u21s. I really don't see the basis of everyone including him in future teams. McGovern was cut from the senior panel as far as I'm aware so I doubt he'll be magically back in come championship. Personally don't think Conlon is an inter county 6. If people were complaining about Joey Wallace being too small to start then they're going to have a field day if you think McLoughlin will be starting"
Dan O'Neill was an injury doubt before the game,I would suggest that is why he was taken off.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 31/01/2017 22:34:27

Meath versus Galway - 4 Like(s)
another question is why do we get some players with promise breaking through,then seem to not fill that promise or fade away?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 26/02/2017 20:29:20

Replying To GoldenNugget:  "Surprisingly one name that is never mentioned is Podge McGowan from Slane. There isn't another talent like him in the county, being seriously overlooked by u21 and county management."
Seriously? No way is he county material..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 17/08/2016 10:13:49