National Forum

Popular Posts from ziggy32001

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Carlow vs Wexford - 7 Like(s)

Replying To waynoI:  "Cant wait for this. Has the makings of an all time classic.....Sigh! As an aside, why are Admin setting up threads ?"
wayno its not all about dublin,a bit of respect for all teams.. this may be tricky for the yellow bellies,they may just do it..

ziggy32001 (National) - 16/05/2017 20:20:01

Keegan Cup - 7 Like(s)

Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "Awful game but congratulations to Simonstown. The pitch looked incredibly slippy in both games today. Countless instances of players losing their footing. Very surprising given that it's been relatively dry over the last week. McKeever 100% deserved the MOTM award and hopefully, for Meath's sake, he can commit to the county side in 2018. Was worried at how poor Conlon was for Simonstown but it wasn't til after the game I heard he was sick during the week. Hard luck to Summerhill. Never went right for them. They kicked an awful amount of wides and the missed goal in the first half was a massive turning point. Simonstown have a decent enough draw in Leinster with the Wexford champions up first so you'd hope that they can get a run going. Can't help but think what might have been for Meath's midfield looking at O'Rourke and Nash for Simonstown and Gillespie on the sidelines for Summerhill."
Shane O'Rourke was by far the best player on the field

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 29/10/2017 18:07:18

Meath v Donegal - 6 Like(s)
sorry but i am fuming.. the lads gave it their all and proud of them,but some awful decisions from the ref,especially in the closing stages won them the game. clear push from murphy on menton lead to a score and a double hop for another late point.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 08/07/2017 20:46:18

Donegal V Dublin - 6 Like(s)

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Very poor game of football today. two woeful performances from each side. referee had the two biggest moments in the game in awarding the first goal incorrectly when it was a clear square ball and then the free at the end was for what exactly? If anything the Donegal forward was the only player with hand on an opposition player. in all honesty we should have been out of sight long before the goals. the over doing of passing the ball instead of having a go at the posts is something that is becoming too obvious to opposition teams. Poor team selection from Gavin today aswell it was a forward line lacking any firepower he selected. Donegal were there typical selves dour boring and refusing to kick the ball in the first half yet they were rewarded for it like a mask murderer winning the euromillions by getting two freak goals. felt the pitch was borderline unplayable aswell for the most part."
how dare anyone put it up to the dubs! :)

ziggy32001 (National) - 26/02/2017 17:36:03

Meath vs Kildare 5th February - 5 Like(s)

Replying To TakeYourPoints6:  "Dan O Neill was taken off after 30 mins yesterday for u21s. I really don't see the basis of everyone including him in future teams. McGovern was cut from the senior panel as far as I'm aware so I doubt he'll be magically back in come championship. Personally don't think Conlon is an inter county 6. If people were complaining about Joey Wallace being too small to start then they're going to have a field day if you think McLoughlin will be starting"
Dan O'Neill was an injury doubt before the game,I would suggest that is why he was taken off.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 31/01/2017 22:34:27

SFC 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Lonetone:  "How many favourites have won the Grand National ?"
true,dunboyne for me,but roughly 6-8 teams may well think they could win it.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 08/04/2017 14:22:10

Meath versus Galway - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Ratoath Royal:  "Decent performance but still a lot to work on. The increased workrate was the main improvement. Harman was brilliant for the first half but the lack of match fitness got to him in the second half. Lenehan was making great runs throughout the game and COS finally found him for the goal. Negatives: Midfield cleaned out again. Too many of Galway's defenders went forward without being tracked. We went far too long in the second half between scores again. Deegan was atrocious. Menton and Keogan both made great tackles in the second half but we're penalized which resulted in a Galway point. Great win. We're still in with a shout of promotion but survival should still be the main aim."
deegan has a serious problem with meath,it is not right..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 05/03/2017 19:25:29

Leinster Championship 2017 Discussion - 5 Like(s)

Replying To pauk123:  "Banty or sorry Andy should worry about Louth before he starts shouting about the Dubs! Great to see ambition but that's the team talk sorted for Louth who we have absolutely no right to look past."
point missing again.....

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 10/05/2017 08:59:34

SFC 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To OLLIE:  "I say there is craic around that neck of the woods when Meath play Kildare Royaldunne."
a few kildare players live in enfield too.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 14/04/2017 21:25:42

Keegan Cup - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Northsidegaels:  "That must be exactly it maestro hard to beleive its u21, minor and international rules threads dominating a few days before the county final! But the 2 best teams by far are in the final hopefully its a good game!"
Yeah looking forward to it,fancy Simonstown but it could easily go the other way..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 26/10/2017 19:26:39

Meath vs Kildare 5th February - 5 Like(s)
Doesn't appear to be anyone who you would play in the full forward line on the bench?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 03/02/2017 15:01:40

Minors 2016 - 5 Like(s)
Anyone going to Navan tomorrow and how do you rate this Dublin side?

ziggy32001 (Dublin) - 20/05/2016 18:19:53

SFC 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To subzero:  "I don't think Don/Ash will do anything this year. They have lost Deegan to Na Fianna (Dublin), the Colgan chap is gone back to Down and Tormey is out for the year with a cruciate. I think a few other lads have left the panel also to go travelling. Ratoath have to be the team to beat with 6 of the Meath senior panel plus a few more decent players like Bobby O Brien and Gavin McGowan. Dunboyne will also be strong. They ran the eventual winners Simonstown to extra time last year."
yes,but there is a good panel at d/ash and young players who could step up. don't rule them out.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 06/04/2017 11:29:36

Meath v Louth - 5 Like(s)
After watching the fitness,courage,teamwork,will to win,belief from the hurlers,who were underdogs in their last 3 games and massive underdogs yesterday,its now up to the footballers. All this is whats been lacking and that comes from management in my view.Can they take this on board and turn things around? If they do,then they will beat Louth and do it comfortably and also give Dublin a game,because we have the players to cause problems.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 05/06/2016 13:16:16

SFC 2017 - 5 Like(s)

Replying To OLLIE:  "Meath and Kildare had some great battles down through the years. Who could forget the three match saga in 1997? Remarkable both Meath and Kildare have played 37 times in the Championships and it's even steven with both counties winning 15 matches each and there have been 7 draws. Meath have had the upper hand recently winning the last two Championship matches."
yet kildare's general record of winning things has been far worse than meaths.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 15/04/2017 11:51:53

Pairc Tailteann - 5 Like(s)
think we must give the current county board alot of credit. dunganny better organization at underage now pairc tailteann

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 21/04/2017 09:04:42

Mayo vs Roscommon - 5 Like(s)

Replying To Tirchonaill1:  "AOS and COC are experts at getting players booked too, for a big man the amount of times AOS acts like he's tied up at the ankles by a simple tackle is baffling, simulation is alive and well and living in Mayo. Rossies aren't coming out for the second half, on the bus quick and away home."
mind you murphy often goes down too easy too eh?

ziggy32001 (National) - 07/08/2017 14:38:32

Meath v Louth - 5 Like(s)

Replying To OLLIE:  "It sure is Ziggy. It used to be the main spot for Meath supporters that ventured in to Drawda. When Meath beat Louth in 2002 he had a free bar for half an hour. One of the rival pubs in the town rang that pub in 2001 the night when Meath lost the All Ireland final to Galway. When the barman picked up the phone and said hello. The rival pub said is Sam here? The barman said back to him Sam who? The rival pub said Sam Maguire and slammed down the phone. Even the pubs were at each other back then."
sounds like moe from the simpsons!

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 12/06/2017 21:57:27

Minors 2016 - 5 Like(s)
yeah going to the game myself.Hard to judge even the Meath lads to be fair.Beat Laois last time out but didn't play well. We will have to see,but Dubs will probably win it although it shouldn't be easy

ziggy32001 (Dublin) - 21/05/2016 10:54:22

Hit the nail on the head!! - 5 Like(s)

Replying To thelutch:  "didn't bother ziggy,i just laughed and drove on."
i would encourage more to complain. i have a 5 year old and often bring him to games. one wonders would they have looked to charge there.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - 20/05/2017 14:05:07