National - Limerick vs Cork Munster U21 Hurling Final

absolutely thrilled with result last night, out support was phenomenal too, cian lynch , sean finn, colin ryan and thomas grimes played really well coz this is a very good cork team , really showed a lot of guts and determination last night , the atmosphere was incredibly tense , --- pitch invasion at end was brilliant makes you wonder what it woudl be like it he ever won Liam

credit to the players staying out signing stuff and gettings fans pics with cup

seems to bit bit of whingin from cork fans on twitter re ref - having watched game again though most limerick frees weres correct including last 3, tim omahony took more than 4 steps for the goal,

gonna enjoy this for a few days and look forward to galway on the 19th , well done and thanks to the players management and backroom staff COME ON LIMERICK COYBIG

janesboro (Limerick) - Posts:1431 - 27/07/2017 11:21:26   2024356

Link

I am relieved man this morning.limerick were poor last night but somehow got through to win.sick of glorious defeats over the years so winning ugly against a tough cork side is super.wont deny that if cork had the 2 lads they probably would have won but we will never know.expectations on this team are huge but after last nights performance they will have gone down a bit which will help us.

hitmanhart (Limerick) - Posts:491 - 27/07/2017 11:33:27   2024365

Link

Replying To janesboro:  "absolutely thrilled with result last night, out support was phenomenal too, cian lynch , sean finn, colin ryan and thomas grimes played really well coz this is a very good cork team , really showed a lot of guts and determination last night , the atmosphere was incredibly tense , --- pitch invasion at end was brilliant makes you wonder what it woudl be like it he ever won Liam

seems to bit bit of whingin from cork fans on twitter re ref - having watched game again though most limerick frees weres correct including last 3, tim omahony took more than 4 steps for the goal,

gonna enjoy this for a few days and look forward to galway on the 19th , well done and thanks to the players management and backroom staff COME ON LIMERICK COYBIG"
Whinging re the ref ?????????????????????????

the stats from last nights game. Cork awarded 4 free's... Limerick awarded 22 !!!!!!!!!!!

While you may think all limericks were fair how the hell could cork only get 4 ????

Limerick were out scored by cork in open play.

Whinging ????? Good god man if it was the reverse limerick would be screaming blue murder.

I too re watched the game. In general i thought limerick played better. Cork were completely clue less in first half playing balls into the corner where the closest person in red was in the stands. On the same note cork back had the measure of limerick forwards and at the end of the day it was frees and some terrible frees that kept limerick ticking over. Half of all limericks scores came from placed balls. Even you concede that re watching the game that MOST of the frees seemed fair. Which mean some weren't. But the question i want answered is how is it possible for a team to get awarded only 4 free's in 60 plus mins of hurling.

ritchie (Cork) - Posts:325 - 27/07/2017 11:53:25   2024377

Link

Replying To janesboro:  "absolutely thrilled with result last night, out support was phenomenal too, cian lynch , sean finn, colin ryan and thomas grimes played really well coz this is a very good cork team , really showed a lot of guts and determination last night , the atmosphere was incredibly tense , --- pitch invasion at end was brilliant makes you wonder what it woudl be like it he ever won Liam

gonna enjoy this for a few days and look forward to galway on the 19th , well done and thanks to the players management and backroom staff COME ON LIMERICK COYBIG"
Yes and Colin Ryan was struck foul blows twice in which players were yellow carded. Both culprits, especially Dalton, were lucky not to see red. Seanie got it for less v Clare two years ago.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts:1268 - 27/07/2017 12:33:32   2024406

Link

15 frees for Limerick and 5 frees for Cork. Cork must be a filthy team.

Midleton (Cork) - Posts:510 - 27/07/2017 14:24:56   2024479

Link

Replying To Midleton:  "15 frees for Limerick and 5 frees for Cork. Cork must be a filthy team."
We played Wexford in an All Ireland Final and we had the best free taker in the land. He scored frees in the hour, one from ninety yards . The fact was the better team did not foul. I think the same applied last night.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts:1268 - 27/07/2017 14:32:55   2024486

Link

Replying To Midleton:  "15 frees for Limerick and 5 frees for Cork. Cork must be a filthy team."
Not filthy but not very clued in.

Mark Coleman at the end had a Limerick lad out on the wing ball in hand. What did he do? Fouled him. Gave us back our 4 point lead.

Dalton won a free in front of goal in the first half, not happy with his free he swiped the hurley on our lad & the ball was thrown in.

Setting up (albeit against the wind) with one player on our 21 & the rest were closer to the stand hotel. Totally handed the initiative to our lads from the off. 15 minutes gone, 0-7 to 0-0 & Limerick had 4 wides at that stage.

Lad at the end going through with Cork a goal down, decided to shoot from 25 yards out. Off balance, the ball flew over the bar. Why not go as far as possible & try to win a penalty? Worked v Waterford.

Our Manager said Cork were the best prepared side they'd faced but I don't agree. Some of their decision making & actions suggested otherwise.

slayer (Limerick) - Posts:5998 - 27/07/2017 16:48:34   2024553

Link

Replying To Oldtourman:  "We played Wexford in an All Ireland Final and we had the best free taker in the land. He scored frees in the hour, one from ninety yards . The fact was the better team did not foul. I think the same applied last night."
Above should have he scored TWO points in the 70 odd minutes. The opposing defence just hardly ever fouled.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts:1268 - 27/07/2017 17:04:25   2024569

Link

Replying To slayer:  "Not filthy but not very clued in.

Mark Coleman at the end had a Limerick lad out on the wing ball in hand. What did he do? Fouled him. Gave us back our 4 point lead.

Dalton won a free in front of goal in the first half, not happy with his free he swiped the hurley on our lad & the ball was thrown in.

Setting up (albeit against the wind) with one player on our 21 & the rest were closer to the stand hotel. Totally handed the initiative to our lads from the off. 15 minutes gone, 0-7 to 0-0 & Limerick had 4 wides at that stage.

Lad at the end going through with Cork a goal down, decided to shoot from 25 yards out. Off balance, the ball flew over the bar. Why not go as far as possible & try to win a penalty? Worked v Waterford.

Our Manager said Cork were the best prepared side they'd faced but I don't agree. Some of their decision making & actions suggested otherwise."
Rubbish. Excellent game management from Cork to stay in the game. They were down 2 Senior Players against an odds-on Team laden with talent and they were still in it up until that last ball was taken out of the square. If Kingston had kept going there the Ref would have done what he did all night and blew up for over carrying against Cork even when they were fouled. The free against Coleman at the end was very soft. In the first half almost by the same spot by the sideline (when Lynch did a triple fist pump) Lynch pulled across Dalton's leg but no free given.
Limerick 2017 U21 Team are a better team than this Cork 2017 U21 Team but ye can send Christmas Cards to Clare this year. If Cork are not that clued in lets see who wins the most AI seniors out of both groups.

Cornerback1977 (Cork) - Posts:59 - 27/07/2017 18:27:48   2024606

Link

Replying To Cornerback1977:  "Rubbish. Excellent game management from Cork to stay in the game. They were down 2 Senior Players against an odds-on Team laden with talent and they were still in it up until that last ball was taken out of the square. If Kingston had kept going there the Ref would have done what he did all night and blew up for over carrying against Cork even when they were fouled. The free against Coleman at the end was very soft. In the first half almost by the same spot by the sideline (when Lynch did a triple fist pump) Lynch pulled across Dalton's leg but no free given.
Limerick 2017 U21 Team are a better team than this Cork 2017 U21 Team but ye can send Christmas Cards to Clare this year. If Cork are not that clued in lets see who wins the most AI seniors out of both groups."
I would believe there was a lot of Christmas cards from Leeside to Banner side, after Hickey gave that very soft penalty in the 2009 Munster Football Final. Not every 50/50 goes the way of any county and nor I do not blame Rory Hockey as I am sure he was an honest and decent man who called that incident as he called it as the man last night did also.
Having said I wish Cork well in the competitions they are still in.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts:1268 - 27/07/2017 23:37:24   2024703

Link