Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

National Forum

Monaghan GAA thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Couni proving the doubters wrong. Should he be senior manager?

farneygael3 (Monaghan) - Posts: 850 - 05/10/2026 14:50:24    2696291

Link

Replying To farneygael:  "This is by no means a dig l, but everyone mentions Iniskeen being this wee village, am I missing something because has iniskeen not got (open for correction on all this) 3 schools, 3 pubs, and 2 ot 3 church's.
Now I know against the parishes its nothing, but hearing about this "small village" has me a wee bit like, ahhhh hear now, come on.
If im wrong im wrong, just want to get it out there.

PS Woods is class"
2 schools, 1 pub, 1 church, 2 shops, 1 kavanagh centre. A small village by any metric. The point stands, for inniskeen to be short two players of the quality of the jones brothers it will always be an uphill battle, they simply do not have the players to replace them.

Cm1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 20 - 05/10/2026 15:11:35    2696294

Link

I thought Drumhowan were untouchable. Some chance for Currin or Aghabog now. Drumhowan are a young fast team if they are to be beat, Currin Aghabog need to drag them into a dog fight be really physical and try limit Tom Doherty because they don't have much else in the Foward line.

Defensively they are able to be got at Soemtimes they are wide open at the back. Young Caolan Reilly and Mc elearney love to attack and their other wing back seems to love attacking too and is the weak link in their defense. I think they will be pipped in the final.

Farneyarmy2013 (Monaghan) - Posts: 85 - 05/10/2026 15:21:35    2696298

Link

Replying To ORIELMAN85:  "I wouldn't say they would be very ordinary, but they would be very beatable. If the United Parishes didnt have Rory, Inniskeen would likely have 3 titles won."
Not very ordinary but ordinary as in the same as the other contenders. Going after and getting Jack was massive too. As for winning the league, well I think we all know it isn't a priority for most.I'm talking championships.

Matchwatcher (Monaghan) - Posts: 65 - 05/10/2026 15:22:01    2696299

Link

Replying To farneygael3:  "Couni proving the doubters wrong. Should he be senior manager?"
None runner I think. He won't be available until February after truaghs run to the club all Ireland.

Could approach mc cague again, he'll be finished up in two weeks

Monaghanmad123 (Monaghan) - Posts: 68 - 05/10/2026 15:25:14    2696301

Link

Replying To GAAFAN1234512345:  "Watching the game on TG4 yesterday noticed Banty and McEntee sitting near eachother in stand. These two could be the ant and dec monaghan football need. Be good duo. I heard from few people McAntee is new manger but also heard Banty is next manger.

Here We Go pending but will be soon but will it be for Banty?"
Halloween is a few weeks away yet...

MrPBoylan (Monaghan) - Posts: 319 - 05/10/2026 15:49:34    2696307

Link