National Forum

The Corona Virus And Possible Effects To GAA Matches

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Holy fook I never thought of it lingering past the summer Gerry, will the heat not kill it? That's if we get a hot summer of course.

It looks like it's getting serious in Newyork now and London as well."
I don't think so, Kingdom Boy. Iran is one of the worst affected countries and it is a lot, lot hotter there than in Ireland. Ditto Spain and Italy.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1719 - 29/03/2020 12:14:04    2274952

Link

ya looks like weather is not a factor, keep working on those house projects and exercise at home, stay positive and stay home.

maroondiesel (Mayo) - Posts: 1021 - 29/03/2020 12:20:42    2274953

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Holy fook I never thought of it lingering past the summer Gerry, will the heat not kill it? That's if we get a hot summer of course.

It looks like it's getting serious in Newyork now and London as well."
I'm not an expert Kboy but the whole strategy is to flatten the infection curve over a longer period of time to give the HSE a chance to handle the numbers. When it will end, who knows. It will be months at best, and I expect they will be wary of a second wave after people start moving around again so I don't think GAA will be a priority whatsoever.

I don't know about heat killing it, it's rampant in Australia and they have temperatures at the minute similar to our summers.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1742 - 29/03/2020 12:21:24    2274954

Link

Replying To Gleebo:  "I don't think so, Kingdom Boy. Iran is one of the worst affected countries and it is a lot, lot hotter there than in Ireland. Ditto Spain and Italy."
That's true gleebo.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10514 - 29/03/2020 12:23:32    2274956

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "I'm not an expert Kboy but the whole strategy is to flatten the infection curve over a longer period of time to give the HSE a chance to handle the numbers. When it will end, who knows. It will be months at best, and I expect they will be wary of a second wave after people start moving around again so I don't think GAA will be a priority whatsoever.

I don't know about heat killing it, it's rampant in Australia and they have temperatures at the minute similar to our summers."
It's a pure curse, hard to believe this is happening.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10514 - 29/03/2020 13:28:42    2274960

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "It's a pure curse, hard to believe this is happening."
Yeah football will be the least of our worries if a family member or friend gets very sick. It must be terrifying.

Even if they get the go ahead to play sport again at some stage in 2020 teams will not have trained together in months. Gyms are even closed and there is only so much lads can do at home to stay match fit. The more you think about it the more unlikely it seems that we will see any top level GAA in 2020

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1742 - 29/03/2020 14:02:14    2274962

Link

Replying To GeniusGerry:  "Yeah football will be the least of our worries if a family member or friend gets very sick. It must be terrifying.

Even if they get the go ahead to play sport again at some stage in 2020 teams will not have trained together in months. Gyms are even closed and there is only so much lads can do at home to stay match fit. The more you think about it the more unlikely it seems that we will see any top level GAA in 2020"
Well said Gerry and like you say there is only so much fellas can do on their own.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 10514 - 29/03/2020 15:09:01    2274964

Link

Replying To preddan:  "go blame the chinese instead, they started it...im sick of people jumping on the bandwagon blaming trump for everything, its getting boring at this stage."
trump did not start it , but he is doing nothing to contain it, 10s of 1000s will be dead in the states in a matter of weeks, inc a lot of irish people, we will see how bored u arer then

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 1777 - 29/03/2020 19:15:52    2274985

Link

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "trump did not start it , but he is doing nothing to contain it, 10s of 1000s will be dead in the states in a matter of weeks, inc a lot of irish people, we will see how bored u arer then"
Trump did not start it but he can not tell the truth if it jumped up and bit him. He has made it clear that people should be left die to save the economy. These are words from his own mouth. As long as he is re-elected that is all that matters to him.

Canuck (Waterford) - Posts: 771 - 29/03/2020 19:26:50    2274988

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "It's a pure curse, hard to believe this is happening."
It's like something out of a bad film. Though that film "Outbreak" wasn't too bad I suppose. Sigh.

Trump2020 (Galway) - Posts: 575 - 29/03/2020 21:46:24    2274998

Link