National Forum

Black Card In Hurling

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Leave the game alone. Nothing wrong with it. Football and hurling are two completely different games. Simple as.

Ej (Wexford) - Posts: 339 - 22/02/2020 21:18:22    2269097

Link

After Dublin vs Wexford tonight if that ref had another colour card there would have been no one left playing.

arock (Dublin) - Posts: 4248 - 22/02/2020 22:09:17    2269128

Link

Replying To arock:  "After Dublin vs Wexford tonight if that ref had another colour card there would have been no one left playing."
That hurling ref this evening was to say the least frustrating, he was mad keen to give frees. Davey could have done a pitch invasion. Whatever about football hurling is a sport that cries out for two refs.

Ulsterchamps_32 (Donegal) - Posts: 263 - 22/02/2020 22:53:06    2269148

Link

Replying To Ulsterchamps_32:  "That hurling ref this evening was to say the least frustrating, he was mad keen to give frees. Davey could have done a pitch invasion. Whatever about football hurling is a sport that cries out for two refs."
Agree! Referees are usually never up with the play. Players play for frees. Referees, due to their own incompetence are too happy to blow the whistle. It has taken away from the natural flow and competitiveness of the game!

Rockies (Cork) - Posts: 487 - 23/02/2020 19:37:49    2269406

Link

Replying To Rockies:  "Agree! Referees are usually never up with the play. Players play for frees. Referees, due to their own incompetence are too happy to blow the whistle. It has taken away from the natural flow and competitiveness of the game!"
He was brutal. There were a couple of newspaper articles this week about illegal hand passing which he obviously read. He pulled players up for it 4 times in the first 10 mins. There was no way he could have spotted 3 of them. I think it was 13 yellows and 3 sent off and there wasn't a dirty stroke in the game

Ej (Wexford) - Posts: 339 - 23/02/2020 23:43:45    2269544

Link

Replying To Ej:  "He was brutal. There were a couple of newspaper articles this week about illegal hand passing which he obviously read. He pulled players up for it 4 times in the first 10 mins. There was no way he could have spotted 3 of them. I think it was 13 yellows and 3 sent off and there wasn't a dirty stroke in the game"
There may not have been a directive from the top this particular weekend but there was one since the start of the league. They just eased off a little during the storm weekends. The refs and the Gaa are using the league to flex their authority on technical fouls and its been obvious for a few years.
I cant say I completely disagree with them. Rules are rules.

ZUL10 (Clare) - Posts: 568 - 24/02/2020 09:39:18    2269592

Link

At half time of last years All-Ireland all that was said "by the letter of the law Richie Hogan's hit was a sending off offense" "the same rules have to be applied weather it is an All-Ireland or a league game in February". Now a ref applies all the rules in the book and it is frustrating according to RTE's Anthony Daly. I agree it is frustrating a ref is there to apply rules as he sees fit if they are going to call every infraction Wexford and Dublin is what we are going to see. Not every game is the same it is up to the ref to get a feel for the game and apply the rules accordingly. Having said that I applaud calling players for throwing the ball it has gone too far.

gatha (Kilkenny) - Posts: 59 - 24/02/2020 12:22:44    2269678

Link