National Forum

MONEY

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To galwayford:  "If Connacht Rugby is so great why do they need a 20 million euro donation from central government?"
I never mentioned Connacht Rugby in my post, it has no relavence to the point I made. Your infatuation with Connacht Rugby is laughable. Obvious deflection from the real issue, quick look over there. One other point about your volunteers, you need to do your homework as there are full time officials. You never came back to tell us or show the link where you claimed Fianna Fáil & Fine Gael we're sponsoring the IRFU. I wonder why !

moc.dna (Galway) - Posts: 890 - 09/11/2019 00:56:50    2248695

Link

Speaking of Money, as regards the 2020 League this is from the Examiner:

"The GAA have found attendances at Dublin fixtures on Saturdays earlier in the season are better than on Sundays ... The Irish Examiner understands the first six of the All-Ireland champions' League matches will take place on Saturday evenings".

Nice to see them dropping the pretense that they are anything but a Dublin first body at this stage.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 5110 - 09/11/2019 11:12:40    2248731

Link

Replying To moc.dna:  "I never mentioned Connacht Rugby in my post, it has no relavence to the point I made. Your infatuation with Connacht Rugby is laughable. Obvious deflection from the real issue, quick look over there. One other point about your volunteers, you need to do your homework as there are full time officials. You never came back to tell us or show the link where you claimed Fianna Fáil & Fine Gael we're sponsoring the IRFU. I wonder why !"
I told you there is a Dáil and Seanad XV rugby team. They are led by Fine Gael senator Neale Richmond. And have numerous members of both Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil. They had a "junket" to Japan recently- courtesy in part of the Irish taxpayer.
Mr Shane O Neill is now Galway hurling manager. He is a solicitor also. So maybe you and this site might be a bit more careful about throwing out accusations. Why don't you get behind the team now? Slán

galwayford (Galway) - Posts: 1705 - 09/11/2019 11:45:14    2248742

Link

Replying To galwayford:  "Maybe the Government should bail out Galway and Mayo GAA. Like the 20 million euros they have given to Connacht Rugby and the 16 million to the Greyhound board."
Bookies pay 70 million in tax on bets to the government put this back into the horse racing and greyhound racimg.
Thats why greyhound racing got 16 million its share of the takings.
This is just on a tax of 2% so imagine if there was a 10 or 15 % tax on gaa bets that was given back to gaa for development etc how beneficial it would be.

OhtobeARossie (Roscommon) - Posts: 1360 - 09/11/2019 17:44:12    2248804

Link

Replying To galwayford:  "I told you there is a Dáil and Seanad XV rugby team. They are led by Fine Gael senator Neale Richmond. And have numerous members of both Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil. They had a "junket" to Japan recently- courtesy in part of the Irish taxpayer.
Mr Shane O Neill is now Galway hurling manager. He is a solicitor also. So maybe you and this site might be a bit more careful about throwing out accusations. Why don't you get behind the team now? Slán"
A veiled threat there, what a statement. Let me just tell you that people who speak the truth have nothing to fear on here from anyone in the legal profession. I am going to copy & paste your claim about Fianna Fáil & Fine Gael that you seem to have had sudden memory loss on, after that I won't reply to any of your posts as there are clearly issues going on.

moc.dna (Galway) - Posts: 890 - 09/11/2019 19:39:13    2248819

Link