National Forum

The Sunday Game - Awful Coverage

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I think the media are driving this too. They'll call up this former kk player or that former kk player and ask "what did you think of the Hogan red card?", "Ah I thought it was a bit harsh, maybe a yellow would have been enough". Headline in paper, "Kilkenny great (insert name here) slams Hogan red card". Controversy sells and the media know it.

ballydalane (Kilkenny) - Posts: 1048 - 24/08/2019 21:29:30    2229043

Link

Replying To ballydalane:  "I think the media are driving this too. They'll call up this former kk player or that former kk player and ask "what did you think of the Hogan red card?", "Ah I thought it was a bit harsh, maybe a yellow would have been enough". Headline in paper, "Kilkenny great (insert name here) slams Hogan red card". Controversy sells and the media know it."
Yes that is a fact also. Even though not liking Cody's reaction to the ref and being fair to him. Over the years he has had to deal with so often, reporters asking him loaded questions to make a head line. He learned to be evasive or skillfully turned it into a what do you think question. This time I think he became unhinged (about the ref) because of the extent of the defeat. Players also do not seem to be prepared for those questioners. Pundits should get independent training on how not to damage their image. I know we complain about players and mangers not been honest or evasive but dealing with journalist who have a different agenda demands this. Not because he is from Waterford Derek Mcgrath at least comes across as been honest, will answer the question directly giving his opinion without pulling anyone down.

Canuck (Waterford) - Posts: 566 - 24/08/2019 22:11:41    2229059

Link