National Forum

Laois Football's Big Handicap

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To crikey:  "I think Matt Connor was born in Portarlington Hospital in Laois"
Hello.
There is no hospital in Portarlington.

thelongridge (Offaly) - Posts: 933 - 18/10/2018 16:00:30    2147141

Link

Replying To Northsidegaels:  "Correct browncows there are essentially 4 clubs in navan when you include walterstown as a large area of navan is in the walterstown parish. As for the comment below about simonstown not being in navan well that's hard to believe really it is bang on the middle of navan!"
Would Bective have much of a catchment of population in Navan ?, what club ownes the the GAA pitch's that has been developed just outside Navan on the Trim road?

bdbuddah (Meath) - Posts: 490 - 20/10/2018 08:46:26    2147323

Link

Replying To the_walls:  "But from going through the thread it doesn't seem to be just players from Graiguecullen, which I understand, they are playing in Laois. Maybe I've taken it up wrong but you seem to be making the point that you are losing lads from all over Carlow who are any way decent and have a family connection to Laois. I can't understand why they are not choosing their own county.

As for Ballagh, it's a Mayo club and has always been a Mayo club but I would be in favour of letting people from Ballagh choose whether they want to represent Mayo or Roscommon."
Still didnt get an answer to this :(

the_walls (Mayo) - Posts: 302 - 24/10/2018 09:11:28    2148058

Link

Replying To the_walls:  "Still didnt get an answer to this :("
There is nobody playing with laois that should be with Carlow, donie Kingston did play with tinryland in Carlow but then moved back to laois so no issue there. The graigecullen issue is a little more fluid these days with young lads there playing for clubs on either side of the border.they are a laois club no matter how you look at it and have been playing their football there for 90 years.

Barrowsider (Carlow) - Posts: 1177 - 24/10/2018 09:50:06    2148062

Link

Replying To bdbuddah:  "Would Bective have much of a catchment of population in Navan ?, what club ownes the the GAA pitch's that has been developed just outside Navan on the Trim road?"
Navan o'mahonys own that pitch

Meathmaverick (Meath) - Posts: 23 - 24/10/2018 15:39:37    2148146

Link